Where do you shop and what is your favorite store to shop?

ilikefree

We normally shop in-store at Walmart, Meijer, Menards Bath & Bodyworks and maybe Kohls. Online I buy from wherever I see a good deal, usually Kohls or Amazon. I'll occasionally get an email from various online places with good deals so I might order from those places too. I don't really know where my favorite place is to shop, I guess just wherever I can find the best deals.

We usually end up in store at Walmart, Target, Academy, Bath & Body, and Atwoods (regional store kind of like Tractor Supply). We used to go to Mardel's every year but they quit doing a BF sale a few years back. Our favorite used to be Gordman's. I really miss that store (but only at BF/Christmas time, so if everyone else was like me I guess that's why they're gone 🤷‍♀️).

• Like 1

The Christmas Tree Shop was one of my favorites, especially on BF and now that they're closed I can take them off my list... other than that I'd have to to say a Walmart stop is always on the list as well as Lowe's and Home Depot for poinsettias and batteries...  Kohl's is usually online every year... after that it all depends on who has something I may want...

Used to be Best Buy but they lost me years ago. Now we usually hit up Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Sams Club. Sometimes we will hit up some smaller places. This year I don't know that we will get to any of them and most of our shopping will be done online.

On 10/18/2023 at 4:48 PM, Kanyon71 said:

Used to be Best Buy but they lost me years ago. 

Best Buy was my first stop (where I lined up) for a few years back in the "good ole' days," but likewise has not been in my first 5 stops for years.

Depends on what I am looking for in person, but I usually visit Target, Walmart, pharmacies if they still have some deals, Kohl's, maybe Macy's, plus others that just depend.

Edited by mcwalker
  • Like 1

Meijer! Cat litter! Yes really... lol 

Other places I hit physically are PetSmart, Home Depot, B&BW, Walmart, Target sometimes, this year maybe Menard's now that I have a house and I have a Menard's so close to me. I do Kohl's and BB (if there's anything I want there) online. Other places vary, depending on the sales. 

57 minutes ago, wittenlover said:

Meijer! Cat litter! Yes really... lol 

Other places I hit physically are PetSmart, Home Depot, B&BW, Walmart, Target sometimes, this year maybe Menard's now that I have a house and I have a Menard's so close to me. I do Kohl's and BB (if there's anything I want there) online. Other places vary, depending on the sales. 

What is the deal on the cat litter at Meijer? We have a cat this year and can always use a good deal on litter.

Just now, ilikefree said:

What is the deal on the cat litter at Meijer? We have a cat this year and can always use a good deal on litter.

No idea yet - I just know they've had PetSmart beat the last few years, so I'm waiting to see if the trend continues. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled, for sure. 👀

• Like 1

Depends on how tired I am and who is giving out stuff when lol

Target and Kohl's for sure, Bath and Body Works, sometimes a few clothing stores. If I am up to it I go to the other end of town to JC Penney and Best Buy. Wal Mart depends on what they have - but my husband lieks to go out later so we always hit up Target and WM then.

• Like 1

Usually Dollar General in store on Thanksgiving Day, Walmart in store or online, Amazon.

Favorite place to shop for Thanksgiving/Black Friday anymore would be DG. Walmart just doesn't have the atmosphere anymore and there is something fun about being at DG when the doors open and running straight to either toys or whatever else was awesome 😂 As long as they do the usual toy sale I have a list of stocking stuffers to get! Mickey Mouse, they carry Melissa and Doug toys now! Squishy animals, Hot wheels.

I have two Dollar General stores I usually go to, will need to check and see which has more of the toys I'm after in the next few weeks...

• 3 weeks later...

I shop everywhere.  Just about every retailer is on my 100 mile daily commute.  My favorite store to shop has the items I want at the best price.  I joined Sam's to get a great deal on a Legends Ultimate Arcade.  Used my coupons and discounts then moved on.  Joined Costco to get a great deal and warranty on a computer.  Bought one somewhere else and haven't been in a warehouse since.

Used to love shopping at Kohls in the middle of the night on black Friday when they'd stay open all night. I'd get my black Friday shopping done everywhere else, then go to kohl's in the middle of the night after the long lines were done and still take advantage of the sales without the crowds. Sometimes I'd go to kohl's for doorbusters then come back later at 2 or 3 am and shop the rest of the sale and not have to wait in long lines to pay. And finish in time to get in line at the stores that didn't open until 6am.