Holiday appreciation for delivery drivers

freesia39

Each year we see the viral videos of people leaving snacks and other small gifts for delivery drivers.

Do you know your local delivery driver? I feel like the UPS guy knows us. Will you leave anything out for them for the holidays as a thank you? What have you seen done that you thought was a nice gesture of appreciation?

We have a UPS guy who kinda high fives our doorbell camera every time he delivers. Its really fun. He is also gentle at putting down the packages! We have a few others but this guy seems to deliver the most. I was thinking about leaving at least cold water out for them - here in the south it is still warm in December. I have thought about maybe giving that guy a gift card - not sure its allowed and we mainly get deliveries while we are at wok so idk if it will happen.

I've seen people leave a cooler out with drinks in them and a sign saying "thank you! take one" and a basket of snacks (chips, crackers, etc, things that can stand the heat) if you need thoughts/ideas.

Maybe it is a UPS thing - our UPS guy always presses the doorbell on our ring (we have the peephole one, so it's not as obvious) and is always in a good mood.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually see my UPS driver as nearly a friend.  I know his name, where about he lives, his wife's name and kids ages.  We chat about all sorts of stuff when he stops by.  And because of how long my driveway is, USPS won't deliver packages to the house and they leave them at my gate.  If he sees them he stops and grabs them for me.  I have baked him cookies and he gets a nice tip every year.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I usually put a snack tray for each of the garbage truck “drivers” (1 truck 2 or 3 people working it). I don’t think they get enough appreciation. The snack tray usually consists of cookies and banana bread or something. We do have a very nice fed ex driver and UPS driver so might do something for them too. The Amazon truck has way too many drivers to know.