Need Game System for Hubby

Hi all --

Apparently dh is sick of playing the handful of computer games he has and would like to get either a PS2 or Xbox 360. He gravitated towards sports games, military "shooting" games, and wants to introduce our kids (ages 1-6) to video games. Any suggestions? Any deals out there? We saw some collections at Costco that include games and he seemed to like that idea too.

Thanks in advance!

I'd go with a 360 just because they're newer gen and will see games for some time to come. A little more pricey but worth it in the long run in my opinion. But you could probably find a cheap bundle for a PS2 and games, so it goes either way. Games for the 360 are still pretty expensive.

Edit: Fry's had a deal not too long ago (1-2 weeks) for a 360 and a game and it wasn't too bad if I recall correctly. Check out Pricegrabber as well.

Guest Espolon
I have a PS2 that I really like. I like the controlers better on it than the Xbox. Plus, PS2 has lost of older games still on the shelves that are in the 10 to 20 dollar range. Most of the new games are around 40 dollars.

• 2 weeks later...
the Wii would be best for young kids. I'd vote 360 (extend the warranty) for shooters. The sports games are all pretty much the same, maybe a bit better on the 360 due to the HD support. The acrade for the 360 may hold some good ones for kids if you have high speed internet to download them. I LOVE hexic that came loaded on it, but we are stuck with dial-up so I've been unable to dl any more. If you do get a 360 make sure it's the expensive one. The HD and wireless controller cost more to add on later than just buying it to start.

My son owns a PS1, PS2, Nintendo 64, and X-Box. He actually only plays the PS2 right now. When he gets or asks for a new game he wants the PS2. So I would gravitate towards that. Price is a lot better than X-Box 360 too. I find the PS2 has better kid games also

There is also an official 360 bundle on the way from Microsoft, for the same price for the pro system now ($399) you can get PGR3 racing game, and an Xbox live gold 3 month suscription and 1500 (i think thats the amount) of xbox live marketplace points that you can use to spend on downloadable content

I too would suggest PS2 if you are playing with kids, there are alot more games offered in the PS2 format than in XBOX and I find alot of clearance ones at Target, they also have most offered at about $20 versus $30 or $40 in the XBOX format. I think its also a more reasonable system to get into too, like mentioned Walmart has new ones for $109, you can also find nice ones on eBay for around $50.