GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I just got the last of the Christmas gifts I ordered yesterday. On December 2nd, I got a package that was missing a shirt I ordered for my son for Christmas and a shirt for my Dad's birthday had very blurry print on it. It took contacting the store I ordered at 3 times for replacements, so I'm glad I finally got them. My son liked his shirt and the replacement shirt for my Dad is much better. I'm just happy my son and Dad were so understanding. Other than that, everything went well with this holiday season. Looking forward to New Year's Eve and hoping that my parents and brother can come over this year to play games and snack on food.  :gd_partyu I missed having them over last year.

• Like 1

The year is ending on a mixed note for me, but I'm still alive, and that's all I can ask for.  Found out I had to upgrade my phone, but relieved to find out that tracfone was going to pay for it, so I'm moving into the 21st century.  Goodbye flip phone, hello Samsung.  It's actually for my mom, but she's won't learn to use it, so I'll likely use it more than her.  At least she's willing to try to learn it.  For a woman who's never used a computer, she's been more open to use technology lately.  She learned to used an old Nook Color, and I just bought her a tablet, which is pretty similar to her new phone, so she might get use out of them after all.

Need to get new tires for the car, but at least we'll still be able to go places, but still sucks to have an unexpected expense.  Oh well, gotta try to stay positive, and move into 2022.  Happy New Year everyone.

• Like 3

My new television came with a one month trial of Fubo TV.  I would not watch Fubo TV for free.  In fact, after less than five hours, I cancelled my trial.  Hard to believe anyone would pay for Fubo TV never mind pay $70 per month for Fubo TV.

What's Not To Like?

For starters, the price.  For $70/month, I can get a Comcast plan that includes high speed internet.  For $12.99/month, I could get Hulu+.  Broadcast tv is free.  All better choices than Fubo TV.

The registration process is onerous.  The TOS pops you out of the registration process.  The trial requires a credit card including the Card Security Code (CSC).  The first thing that happens after registration is that you are encouraged to sign up for a long term plan.

The user interface is a screen of tiles.  Click, click, click.  Back, back, back.  Way too much work to watch television.  Fubo TV feels more like a collection of apps than a streaming television service.  I settled on the Paramount app.  I had seen featured Paramount programming on FREE Pluto TV.  Apparently 'featured' means 'the good stuff'.  So, back, back, back, click, click, click.

The easiest part of using Fubo TV was cancelling the subscription and uninstalling the app.

Then There's The Content

Best way to describe Fubo TV is cable and broadcast filler channels, minus the anchor channels, plus sports, minus the good sports.

For instance, my favorite broadcast channels are: Heroes and Icons, StartTV, FaveTV, LAFF, MeTV, ION, This, and MyTV in that order.  Of these, Fubo TV includes: MyTV.

Fubo TV is not on anyone's list of top streaming services.  I get that.

Edited by len_mullen

The year is ending on a mixed note for me, but I'm still alive, and that's all I can ask for.  Found out I had to upgrade my phone, but relieved to find out that tracfone was going to pay for it, so I'm moving into the 21st century.  Goodbye flip phone, hello Samsung.  It's actually for my mom, but she's won't learn to use it, so I'll likely use it more than her.  At least she's willing to try to learn it.  For a woman who's never used a computer, she's been more open to use technology lately.  She learned to used an old Nook Color, and I just bought her a tablet, which is pretty similar to her new phone, so she might get use out of them after all.

Need to get new tires for the car, but at least we'll still be able to go places, but still sucks to have an unexpected expense.  Oh well, gotta try to stay positive, and move into 2022.  Happy New Year everyone.

We’re struggling with a phone that my Dad is willing and able to learn to use. His old Motorola flip phone finally but the dust so mom bought him a new flip phone in October from Verizon store but he says he can’t text well on it although it’s the same as his old Motorola. He only texts his golfing buddies because they have all have smart phones and texting is how they communicate for their goal dates.  Lol.  Then there’s the whole issue of service out at the golf course. That entire area where the course is located is known for not-so-great service and he gets mad if he can’t make or receive a call while out there and blames the phone. Lol.  

Y'all stay safe tonight!

And, RIP Betty White. I know it's weird to be so sad over the passing of someone I never met, but this one got me :(.

I know how you feel! It’s like a part of my Childhood has died right along with her. I guess maybe it’s because I remember watching her on all the old classic game shows my grandmother and aunt would watch, long before Golden Girls and even Nick at Nite showing the MTM show.
  • Like 1

I know how you feel! It’s like a part of my Childhood has died right along with her. I guess maybe it’s because I remember watching her on all the old classic game shows my grandmother and aunt would watch, long before Golden Girls and even Nick at Nite showing the MTM show.

Really sucks. She was one of those stars I’ve always thought would just be really cool to hang with. Wish she had made it to at least 100.
  • Like 4

Click your avatar to get to your profile page. Click 'posts' on your profile page to see your most recent posts including the topic.

Thank you!! Learn something new everyday [emoji51]

Y'all stay safe tonight!

And, RIP Betty White. I know it's weird to be so sad over the passing of someone I never met, but this one got me :(.

She will be missed...Forever #rosenylund
  • Like 2