GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

I have two songs that I need to hear for it to be Christmas, although I don't believe this one is meant to be a Christmas song specifically.

Growing up in the southeast US of A, there is a supermarket chain who ran a seasonal commercial every year, starting at least in my teens and continuing many years later. The commercial portrayed a young family traveling for the holidays via train, with cuts to the hosting family members preparing a holiday feast with items supposedly bought at that grocery chain. There is no dialogue, just Pat Metheny Group's Last Train Home playing as the soundtrack.

For me, Christmas has arrived when I hear that tune.

I will occasionally hear the radio edit of this one on the rare times I listen to a radio station which plays holiday music 24/7 during the season. But, this full length 6+ minute long version is never played; in fact, the only place I know of to hear it is this specific YouTube video.

For me, the inclusion of the skit paying tribute to The Christmas Truce of 1914 during WWI at the very start of the track takes it way out of just a novelty Christmas tune for me.

I have two songs that I need to hear for it to be Christmas, although I don't believe this one is meant to be a Christmas song specifically.

Growing up in the southeast US of A, there is a supermarket chain who ran a seasonal commercial every year, starting at least in my teens and continuing many years later. The commercial portrayed a young family traveling for the holidays via train, with cuts to the hosting family members preparing a holiday feast with items supposedly bought at that grocery chain. There is no dialogue, just Pat Metheny Group's Last Train Home playing as the soundtrack.

For me, Christmas has arrived when I hear that tune.

I will occasionally hear the radio edit of this one on the rare times I listen to a radio station which plays holiday music 24/7 during the season. But, this full length 6+ minute long version is never played; in fact, the only place I know of to hear it is this specific YouTube video.

For me, the inclusion of the skit paying tribute to The Christmas Truce of 1914 during WWI at the very start of the track takes it way out of just a novelty Christmas tune for me.

This is one I always enjoy hearing this time of year…

https://youtu.be/QgvOPAEdeZI

Just to be clear,try what again? The invite link? Restarting? Or deleting and reinstalling the app (which I haven't done yet)?

I would start with the invite link again. Then if that doesn’t work maybe try visiting it from a browser and see if it will add it again. Like I said I had a couple of updates back to back and mine was acting weird. Possible they released a version with some bugs.

I realize in the countries of the British Commonwealth, today is Boxing Day, but it is also the first day of Kwanzaa and, for Western Christian faiths, the First Day of the 12 Days of Christmas, observed between now and Epiphany on January 6th. Eastern Christian faiths observe Christmas on January 7th, followed by Epiphany 12 Days later on January 19th.

At least, that is how this Jew understands it So, if you will indulge me...

First principal of Kwanzaa, begun in 1966 in celebration of African American identity and culture.

Screenshot-20211226-172413.png

And, for a bit of fun...

2020-01-02-19-08-02.jpg

• Like 1

And now for something completely different...

Free2View TV Select | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku

If you have a Roku streamer or a Roku TV, consider installing this free channel.  Some of my favorite OTA channels are streamed via this channel...

Search for Free2View in the Roku Channel Guide.  Add this free channel for access to...

Movies! TV Network
Hallmark Movies and More
Grit
Heroes and Icons
Laff
Start TV
Decades
Ace TV
Me TV
Cozi
Charge TV
Comet TV
Defy TV
Digi TV
ION
Family Entertainment
ACE TV
Classic Arts Showcase
Positiv TV
Folk TV
My Time Movie Network
Retro TV
Rev'n TV
Charge TV
Stadium TV
Dove Channel
The Heartland Network
Circle TV
Dust
Classic Reruns TV
Cartoon Fun Time
24/7 Retro
Spydar TV
Love Nature
PBS
PBS Lids <-- Pretty sure this is PBS Kids
The Asylum
Electric Now
Cinevault 1970s
Cinevault 1980s
AMC Thrillers
The Walking Dead Universe
Hunt TV
The Film Detective
Lively Place
Outside TV
The Design Network

Cozi TV: Charlie's Angels, Columbo, Emergency!, Frasier, Highway to Heaven, Little House on the Prairie, Murder, She Wrote, My Favorite Martian, Roseanne, Smell-a-Vision, Starsky & Hutch, The Bionic Woman, The Munsters, The Nanny, The Office, The Six Million Dollar Man, Will & Grace
LAFF: According to Jim, Grace Under Fire, Home Improvement, How I Met Your Mother, Night Court, That '70s Show, he Bernie Mac Show, World's Funniest Videos: Top 10 Countdown**
Heroes & Icons: STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, WONDER WOMAN, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, BATMAN, BAYWATCH, BLACK SHEEP SQUADRON, COMBAT!, CSI: CYBER, THE DEAD ZONE, THE DISTRICT, THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO, THE GREEN HORNET, HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL, THE HIGH CHAPARRAL, HILL STREET BLUES, HOUSE, JAG, LANCER, MACGYVER, MARTIAL LAW, MAVERICK, MONK, MUTANT X, NASH BRIDGES, NUMB3RS, THE PRETENDER, THE RAT PATROL, RAWHIDE, RENEGADE, STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES, STAR TREK: VOYAGER, TOUR OF DUTY, 12 O'CLOCK HIGH, THE UNTOUCHABLES, WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
Comet: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, DUST, NIGHT GALLERY, QUANTUM LEAP, SLIDERS, STARGATE SG-1, THE OUTER LIMITS, THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER, THE X-FILES
Charge: CSI: MIAMI, KNIGHT RIDER, CHIPS, MAGNUM, P.I., HUNTER
Circle: The Dailey & Vincent Show, Opry, Bonanza, Coffee, Country and Cody, Chasing Down Madison Brown, The Patty Duke Show, Hee Haw, Soundstage, Phil Vassar's Songs From the Cellar, The Jeff Foxworthy Show, Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy, Fury, The Lone Ranger, Petticoat Junction, Ditty TV Concert Series, Authentic America, The Southern Weekend, Landmarks: The Stages of Country Music, Circle Country Countdown, Talking in Circles with Clint Black, Better Half, Rusty's Rockfeast, Circle Sessions, Gospel According to Al Green, Outdoor America, THE WRITE STUFF, Austin City Limits, AMERICAN MUSIC SPOTLIGHT, THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, CMA SONGWRITERS, F-Troop, On The Road, OPRY DOCS, STAND UP NASHVILLE!, SOUNDSTAGE
ION: Blue Bloods, Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., Criminal Minds, Hawaii Five-0, Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, NCIS: LA, NCIS: New Orleans
Grit TV: eath Valley Days, Laramie, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, and Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theatre 
Mystery: Crime Stories, CSI Miami, Forensic Files, Scandal, It Takes a Killer, American Greed, American Greed: The Fugitives, The First 48, The FBI Files, Unsolved Mysteries 
TrueReal: Wahlburgers, Intervention, I Survived…, Gene Simmons Family Jewelsl, Storage Wars, Married at First Sight, Hoarders, and Little Women: LA. ***
Defy: Pawn Stars, Forged in Fire, American Pickers, The Curse of Oak Island, Ice Road Truckers, Alone, Dog The Bounty Hunter, Ax Men, Swamp People and Counting Cars
  • Like 2