PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X

riven3d

That is why I was skeptical of everyone spending money for a system during our current economic situation. But you will splurge on what you like. 

I always get loved ones the one single thing that will make their day.  I pricematch, return/rebuy, and whatever else is necessary, but I have that one thing in hand almost as soon as I know what it is.

• Like 1

Interesting way to describe inventory no one wanted.  

Xbox-One-VS-PlayStation-4-Sales-Figures-

Hmm for something no one wanted every site that had them were sold out of their allotments with an hour of it going live. They said specifically that they withheld inventory for launch day. Now by that I'm assuming they mean that they are holding stock that will be shipped to Brick and Mortar for people to buy on that day.

GameStop preorder for PS5 was in store for just the disc version.  Online was for the Starter bundle (Spider-Man game, another game and some PS network thing I think).  Bundles have been in and out of stock this morning, but I managed to snag one.  I think it ships or delivers on 11/30, which is plenty of time for Christmas.  

• Like 1

GameStop preorder for PS5 was in store for just the disc version.  Online was for the Starter bundle (Spider-Man game, another game and some PS network thing I think).  Bundles have been in and out of stock this morning, but I managed to snag one.  I think it ships or delivers on 11/30, which is plenty of time for Christmas.  

No telling if it SHIPS on 11/30 that it will be delivered in time for Christmas - shipping times are only going to get worse as we get closer to the holidays! :(

• Like 2

I always get loved ones the one single thing that will make their day.  I pricematch, return/rebuy, and whatever else is necessary, but I have that one thing in hand almost as soon as I know what it is.

Thats me. I ask early so that way I have time to fid it and get it even if I have to drive to another state to check it off my list. 

No telling if it SHIPS on 11/30 that it will be delivered in time for Christmas - shipping times are only going to get worse as we get closer to the holidays! :(

I am asking for store pick up. They seem to get it much faster no a days. 

• Like 1

I was able to get a preorder from Amazon for the Xbox, its debatable whether I will receive it. I needed it because my old one is completely shot and I watch Netflix etc. It defintley serves multiple purposes but I agree that the price is atrocious. Edited by dgiesb21
  • Like 1

I was able to get a preorder from Amazon for the Xbox, its debatable whether I will receive it. I needed it because my old one is completely shot and I watch Netflix etc. It defintley serves multiple purposes but I agree that the price is atrocious.

Maybe just get a Firestick or Roku, but then you still need a new game system? Just get a new one S for 200 and call it a day during BF

• Like 1

I am not a playstation fan but their new design is nice I am loving it and would consider getting one but that has always been the one my brother had and I had the xbox. And it is literally a box this time. It reminds me of the stones on the movie 5th Element

Just received an email from Gamestop... They will have deals on 10/13- 10/14. They are calling it their 1-Up sale. Will be interesting to see what they post.

Thanks for he heads up... Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. 

Len,

If you read this I need some advise on a wifi router. Netgear Orbi rbk50 or the Netgear Nighthawk x6s - not gaming to heavy and need good coverage upstairs. 

Edited by jesusluvu

• 3 weeks later...

Just got an email from GameStop that my PS5 is coming 2 weeks early.  It was supposed to ship on the 30th. 

Xbox ships tomorrow.

I was going to try to find another PS5 (non-bundle) this week at launch, but I may not try as hard now. I guess it's time to find some games for these guys and a hiding spot!   :holiday12

• Like 1

We are ready for the Xbox launch tonight, got my fingers crossed. I think we should be fine though.

My sister to me yesterday that she was planning on getting a PS5 (each) for 2 of her kids. I panicked a bit at this and explained they went on sale Thursday. She had no idea, I guess she was planning to just go to Walmart casually one day and get them. So hopefully she'll be able to get at least one before Christmas.

And speaking of "walking into the store", I've read that both Best Buy and Target are doing online only. You can choose store pickup, but not go stand in line at opening.

We are ready for the Xbox launch tonight, got my fingers crossed. I think we should be fine though.

My sister to me yesterday that she was planning on getting a PS5 (each) for 2 of her kids. I panicked a bit at this and explained they went on sale Thursday. She had no idea, I guess she was planning to just go to Walmart casually one day and get them. So hopefully she'll be able to get at least one before Christmas.

And speaking of "walking into the store", I've read that both Best Buy and Target are doing online only. You can choose store pickup, but not go stand in line at opening.

thats for all stores, Microsoft and Sony said they would not allow in store purchase on launch day to avoid crowds

I will be trying for an Xbox series x tonight. Kicking myself for not anticipating my son wanting it and getting in on pre-orders. Just saw a post on a deals page I follow where GameStop says they will have a limited amount online tonight and in-store tomorrow. I will not be venturing out so it is online or bust!

I will be trying for an Xbox series x tonight. Kicking myself for not anticipating my son wanting it and getting in on pre-orders. Just saw a post on a deals page I follow where GameStop says they will have a limited amount online tonight and in-store tomorrow. I will not be venturing out so it is online or bust!

they are not allowed to sell it in store, but can sell it online and pick up in the store.

they are not allowed to sell it in store, but can sell it online and pick up in the store.

Taken directly from their Twitter

742964414bf14878fddf81ef9c1561ca.jpg

I also haven’t seen anything from Microsoft saying they were not allowing in store sales. Sony, however, has said the PS5 will be sold online on launch day.

my nephew was determined to get one.. so he had his girl friend also trying .. somehow they both managed to get a preorder... THEN the gf used his address to send it to, so he could "get"it.. they both received emails that the order was cancelled as it clearly said one per address on preorder. now hes up tonight trying to get it again!

Edited by stevierocks