Senseo coffeemaker $15 at Wal-Mart

kelly_jeanie

We just found an end-cap where they were clearing out the Senseo coffeemakers for $15. They actually rang up at $30 but they were clearly marked $15, along with a huge sign, so we did get it for $15.

Does anyone know why these are being cleared out? Are they discontinuing this coffee maker, or is Wal-Mart just not selling enough of them? We picked up the coffeemaker for my MIL, along with a "My-Pod" so she can use any kind of coffee and not just the Senseo-branded pods, but it would be a bummer if they stopped making the Senseo pods right away. I'm tempted to go back and get some more for Christmas presents, but not if they won't be making the pods by then.

Pods/podmakers are here to stay. Even Folger's and Maxwell House make pods. I think it's more likely that Senseo has brought out a new model number that walmart is going to carry, so they are getting rid of the old ones. The Senseo brand coffees have even introduced new flavors in our market, so I think it's probably safe to buy them for Christmas if there are any left :D

The Maxwell House ones are (I thought) able to be used in either the Home Cafe or the Senseo ones. But otherwise, the Folgers/Millstone/Lipton pods are for the Home Cafe and the Senseo for the Senseo...and I think never the 2 shall interchange.

I found a fabulous double pod coffeemaker a few days ago a Sears on clearance. $19.99 for a Cuisinart! It was on an endcap and there were a few of them at mine. We got it for my mother-in-law and can vouch that it was GREAT!