Hot toys

BFQueenofNY

My kids lead me to think the Play It Now will be hard to find. It sells for $25-$30 and is going on Ebay for $40-$50. It is a small scale IPod, you record music off the radio and it has games. It does not need any additional cartridges in order for it to work.

I have enough trouble seperating the toys between Patrick and Alexis! He is just a little too "exuberant" with them at his age. I am however, looking for the Leap Frog My First Leap Pad for Alexis when we are in the car. Of course, now the Leap Pad plus Writing is coming out and I am thinking she might like that better (she LOVES to write! came to me the other day and had written LEX out perfectly!) so, I need to find out how the LP+Writing works and if it would be good for her.

Other than some Wiggles and Bob dvds for the two of them.....

I think the leapster will be popular this year. I already got one from Target.com 10% off with free shipping, and a $10 rebate. Then I found out if I had waited a few days I could have bought the "exclusive" red one with the bonus carrying case for the same price. This was an early gift so it has already been played with. Oh well - I'll learn!

I really hate to say this because it will show my age even though I think you all can see how old I am but, Can anyone say CABBAGE PATCH! Went to Target yesterday and well they only had one left, Walmart had a few, and Kmart was restocking. I am one of the fortunates to get an original CP. Have had it for well 20 some years. My three girls are each getting one. Already bought, paid for and wrapped. $90 for 3, not bad seeing as my mom paid like $50 for mine.

I just posted a deal on the main site with some of the hot toys:

http://www.gottadeal.com/deal-info-id-5599-store-amazon.html

Amazon has nice low prices, free shipping on orders over $49, free $10 gift certificate with $75 order, and no tax for most.

I also just posted a deal for the soon-to-be-released kids portable DVD player:

http://www.gottadeal.com/deal-info-id-5600-store-amazon.html

This is also going to be a very hot toy once it comes out. Easy for kids to use and cheaper than most regular portable DVD players.

Video Now Color is going to be big. I lucked out and got mine when Kmart had them for only $42. You should have seen the rush! The PVDs are hard to find too with it being so popular. I found though, Toys R Us/Amazon lowered them to $5.99 each down from $8.99. I bought tons of them. (I bought my daughter the pink system/headphones and my son the orange system/headphones

They came out with a smaller version Cabbage Patch this year that my girls are thinking is going to be great. Don't know too much about the hottest toys yet, because we try to avoid the television at all costs when November rolls around. All those commercials give the kids a bad case of the gimmes.

I still have mine too! I live down here in Georgia, and they have a Cabbage Patch Land place where you go and can see them being born (their heads slowly start to come out of a cabbage-kinda scary) and they have a nursery, and you can adopt a cabbage patch doll, and name them. As a kid, I always wanted to go there on my birthday, and name it Dana. That's the only way I could ever come up with to have a minni me. Maybe next year, I will finally be able to go on my birthday, if they don't put me away first (I'll be 28, and can't say that it will be for my kids, since I don't have any). Last year it was Care Bears, this year Cabbage Patch Dolls on sale at Walmart?

Dana

I still have my Cabbage Patch Doll from the 80s too! She is safely packed in her box again with her birth certificate. My daughter is 4 1/2 and Im going to buy her one for this christmas. Another doll she absolutely loves is the Zapf Creations' Chou Chou doll. They are on the pricey side, but so life-like. She has 4 of them now and on Walmart I found the new one put out and got if for $10 cheaper than Toys R Us. Didn't want to chance availability on that one so bought it early!

I too think it would be funny if they were a crazed item again. Imagine, here we are all talking about our CPKs, just think about it in Twenty years, our daughters could be doing the same thing. My Lottie Loraine survived the flood of '84'. She got a little dingy but I don't care she was mine. Considering she was the only baby doll I ever played with. I was a barbie girl.

my step mom used to collect cabbage patches. I had one- a boy with blue eyes and a bald head.

checked out Target today (needed some warmer running clothes) and took a look at their Leap Pad stuff. So cool, the LP+Writing is for ages 4-8 and was only 50.00 with 2 books included! Alexis will be 4 in Jan. so my gameplan is now to get it for her for Christmas and keep it to the 2 books and then, for her birthday in Jan. tell relatives to get her the other books if she likes it enough. This si going to be a car only toy- I don't want Patrick breaking it or tearing the books or anything like that quite yet.

I have been checking our Wal-Mart lately here in Mississippi for toy ideas. I have noticed that the Cabbage Patch dolls are stocked more than usual. There were two shelves full in the toy section and in the Christmas section there were loads more. I asked a friend of mine that works there and she told me to look for the toys that were in numerous volumes on higher shelves and that would most likely be the BF sale items. She also said more than likely that Cabbage Patch dolls were suppose to be on sale BF. I went ahead and got one just in case!!

Anyone heard anything about Wal-Mart's ad yet? That is the only store around here unless you travel 45 minutes.