Walmart Beach Towels

These were all over the store, front, back and water area..... these are big ones that are white and green, white and orange, white and pink striped etc. Some had the sale price marked, some didn't have the sale price on them, just the regular price which was 5 something but they rang up at 2.50. They also had character ones for 4 something... I saw CARS and Nemo, wasn't really looking at those though.

Could someone measure one of those towels for me, please? A lot of the WM beach towels are just plain too short to do TALL Son any good. If they're long enough I wouldn't mind an excuse to go to town, but there's no need wasting the gas otherwise. LOL!

TIA

Mary

I have found the best way to acquire beach towels is to have a pool. The wonderful people that bring towels with them usually leave one behind and then never claim it later. I always put these leftover towels out at the next party but they still never get claimed.

Could someone measure one of those towels for me, please? A lot of the WM beach towels are just plain too short to do TALL Son any good. If they're long enough I wouldn't mind an excuse to go to town, but there's no need wasting the gas otherwise. LOL!

TIA

Mary

They're big enough for us, but I have little ones..... they say 30" x 60"

Thanks for the size. That'll be too short for him to stretch out on, but I might run get a couple anyway for me.

Anyboody know if they still even make the old 72" (6') ones? I havent seen them in years.

try www.bigasstowels.com

Thanks for the size. That'll be too short for him to stretch out on, but I might run get a couple anyway for me.

Anyboody know if they still even make the old 72" (6') ones? I havent seen them in years.

Sam's has them, but they are about $11 each. I think they are even longer than 72" because my son is 6' and they stick out a little on each end when he lays on them. They are nice thick towels that are really long and wide.

Ohhhh Myyyyy! I LOVE that BigAssTowels logo! :yup: But I'm trying to behave with the money, so it looks like I might have to make a trip to Sam's Club, instead. :D (Ohhhh how terrible!!!!! ;) )

Thanks for the help, both of you! :)

http://www.landsend.com has them longer than that (39"WX78"L). They are $15ea. when you buy two, and worth it when I'm 6'1" and hubby is 6'4"... my 5yo is 4ft tall already. :D

Hope that helps. :)

My SuperWalMart has the worst clearance prices around. The towels aren't marked down and it is very seldom I find any good clearance prices there. Sometimes I find good prices on clothing but usually on things no one wants! Could it be different regions follow different price guides?

My SuperWalMart has the worst clearance prices around. The towels aren't marked down and it is very seldom I find any good clearance prices there. Sometimes I find good prices on clothing but usually on things no one wants! Could it be different regions follow different price guides?

It's not only different regions, it's the individual stores that choose when and what is reduced at WalMart. For instance, at the Walmart in Gallatin, the white chocolate M&M's are still regular price, but at the Hendersonville WalMart, they are $1.50 a bag.

KitaKaT, thanks for that LandsEnd info. It haddn't occurred to me to check there. With them shipping so quickly I can actually get a couple towels here before I get desperate for them in a couple weeks! :)

Oh, and I sympathize with you. The last time I saw somebody 4' at 5yrs.old, he was 6'2" at 12yr.old. He finally "topped out" a few years later: at 6'8"!!! :eyepoppin Try to buy clothes - or beach/bath towels! - for that! :tongue1: He *is* kinda handy for changing light bulbs, though! :yup::D

Biomajor, at least your stores are seperate towns, so I can understand the price logic. But I've seen two stores in the SAME town be that different! They're only about three or four miles apart as the crow flies, but on different sides of town, one 'old established' area and one 'new fast-growing' area. Confusing in the extreme the first time I went to both the same day, but now I like it. It's just that many more bargains for me to scoop up. :)

Thanks for the heads up. Not much variety left but they were discounted to $2. I always have guests over and they always forget towels for the pool. We bought a rubbermaid deck box and corner box for the deck so I bought 6 of them to store away.