car insurance 'deals'

I know there is no such thing as a deal in car insurance, but what do you guys use and suggest for a low price rate for 1 car, husband/wife, 23 and 24 years old?

this will be for a 2002 car, in oklahoma, with basic liability coverage.

thanks

Do either of you belong to AAA?

I was just going to ask that. We had American Family for a long time, but now AAA is a better price with better coverage for us. We have renters and auto through AAA.

I have found that for me insurance is cheapest with Mercury Insurance, also my rate goes down usually $10 every 6 months. Another option would be to pay your policy in full when you get it and most companies charge a lower price for policies paid in full.

Mercury Insurance is cheap, but I've have a friend who has had problems dealing with their claims department. I usually call around, get quotes online and compare them on a spreadsheet. Mercury and esurance.com were among the cheapest I've found. Or if you have a home insurance policy, call up your agent and see if your insurance company will offer you a deal. I use Wawanesa Insurance but they only offer policies to good drivers in California and Oregon.

We had Metpay for years, largely because my employer offered a discount and they had weekly payroll withdrawals. I left that company years ago but the insurance continued. It crept up slowly until I finally decided to shop around.

AAA cut my yearly premium IN HALF and INCREASED (100/300 to 250/500) my coverage. We went from paying 1200/6 months for 3 cars to paying 1200/year. We switched homeowners as well and got higher coverage for the same premium plus another $140/year off the auto.

We use Progressive for the boat. I insure the collector cars with Grundy.

It pays to shop around.

Only complaint is I can't get a year plan only 6 months at a time

They're not the only company that does it that way, a lot of them do.

I usually call around, get quotes online and compare them on a spreadsheet. Or if you have a home insurance policy, call up your agent and see if your insurance company will offer you a deal.

Good idea. Semidevil, you have to call around or use companies online sites to get a bunch of quotes and compare them. Insurance rates are based on where you live, your driving record and other things so while one person has a better rate with one company you may not get the same rate.

I was just going to ask that. We had American Family for a long time, but now AAA is a better price with better coverage for us. We have renters and auto through AAA.

I've had American Family for a long time but I'm going to check AAA now.

i have progressive, but because they let us combine our car policies without being married. otherwise, i probably would have kept paying the premium for AAA.

try 21st century if it's offered in your area.

We were with progressive for the same reason but just last week we checked with State Farm and found the same auto coverage was $52 cheaper per month. They also let two unmarried people join policies so we're in the process of switching to them. If they're in your area you may want to check them out.

buying car insurance shouldn't be buying the cheapest, should be buying the best....you really actually do get what you pay for and alot of people have trouble when claiming with smaller insurance companies.

buying car insurance shouldn't be buying the cheapest, should be buying the best....you really actually do get what you pay for and alot of people have trouble when claiming with smaller insurance companies.

I agree, I'd only go with an established company & check before you go with an online or smaller insurance company.

well that's why i'd NEVER buy from somewhere such as "survival insurance" or anyone that advertises that they specialize in those with bad driving records.

AAA insurance was great when i had it, i just wanted to combine my policies because it would save us money and let us drive each others cars.

We were with progressive for the same reason but just last week we checked with State Farm and found the same auto coverage was $52 cheaper per month. They also let two unmarried people join policies so we're in the process of switching to them. If they're in your area you may want to check them out.

We have 2 auto policies, as well as renters insurance with State Farm. I occasionally check around, and even though my premium went UP a few times, its still a better price than i could find from any other reputable company. It was a nice surprise to see my payment had dropped about $12/mo this month though! We get discounts for multiple cars, multiple lines of accounts (renters/auto), safe driving, and a few others. I have been very happy with thim, and have been with State Farm since I bought my car 5 years ago.

I have been with State Farm for the last 15 years. I have all insurance policies with them (home & cars) I love them! The payments are very much comparable to others and even though the payment isnt the cheapest it could possibly get, that little bit extra is well worth it!

A few years ago my DH totaled the front end of my Beretta hitting a deer. The car was only worth $1200 book value because of its age but State Farm went ahead and paid the $1400 to have it fixed no questions asked..I had my car back 3 days after he hit the deer..as good as new and my premium didnt go up! I was amazed since they very well could have said that they would only give me what it was worth and junk the car but they didnt. I would never go anywhere else!

It must be where you live, I get insurance quotes about once a year and State Farm is ALWAYS the highest priced and I've heard that they drop people for 1 claim or raise rates even higher so I don't even check them out anymore. I'll make sure that I check with them this fall. Does AAA have homeowners insurance also or just auto?

• 3 weeks later...

I know there is no such thing as a deal in car insurance, but what do you guys use and suggest for a low price rate for 1 car, husband/wife, 23 and 24 years old?

this will be for a 2002 car, in oklahoma, with basic liability coverage.

thanks

Try to visit: oneshopinsurance.com they'll help you find the best insurance company for you.

We are married 25 and 26 years old. On 2 cars one full coverage and one liability we pay only $85 a month with AIG. When we were shopping insurance for our suv back in Sept 05 we were quoted up to $160 a month JUST for our suv alone!! Because some considered it a luxuary suv. We just about didnt get it, but then we called AIG and got a great plan!:D I would also like to add my husband does have a few tickets lol.

Just for the heck of it I sent a request to www.oneshopinsurance.com for a quote on homeowner's coverage. I have Allstate now, which is by far the cheapest, however they want to insure my house twice what is worth. They have the "highest replacement value" requirement of any company, but the policy is still cheaper. I only complain since in makes my 1% deductible higher.