Thanksgiving Menu

tracy0504

My stepdad said last night he wanted a cherry pie.  I think he was being silly, because we never have cherry pie, and when I said I didn't know how to make that, he smiled and said I know.  But, I might try to make one now just because!  :)  I have never actually made any pie, so we'll see!

• Like 3

My parents stove died a few weeks ago so I’m hosting thanksgiving. I agreed on the condition that everyone share the work load as I’m not much of a cook. My husband and I are responsible for the turkey, stuffing, maple/bacon brussel sprouts and the ham (my dad and sister are allergic to turkey oddly enough). My mom is bringing apple pie and sweet potatoes. And my sister is bringing green beans and homemade rolls. There are only 6 of us total so we should be good with that. Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 3

My parents stove died a few weeks ago so I’m hosting thanksgiving. I agreed on the condition that everyone share the work load as I’m not much of a cook. My husband and I are responsible for the turkey, stuffing, maple/bacon brussel sprouts and the ham (my dad and sister are allergic to turkey oddly enough). My mom is bringing apple pie and sweet potatoes. And my sister is bringing green beans and homemade rolls. There are only 6 of us total so we should be good with that.

Homemade rolls. I have to call my mom and ask her about these........

My stepdad said last night he wanted a cherry pie.  I think he was being silly, because we never have cherry pie, and when I said I didn't know how to make that, he smiled and said I know.  But, I might try to make one now just because!  :)  I have never actually made any pie, so we'll see!

This one is not to hard. If you get the crust right then everything else is a snap. Just taste before pouring it in. 

Dad and I had a great time in Frankenmuth. We ended up at Zehnder's and did their buffet style. Lots of yummy options on the buffet to be had, including a variety of meats: turkey, roast beef, fried chicken (because Frankenmuth), salmon, fried shrimp, and stuffed pork roast. Sides were traditional and plentiful. Dad had blueberry pie for dessert and I went for the traditional pumpkin. We left with full bellies and a thought that we may do it again in future years. 

• Like 3

Dad and I had a great time in Frankenmuth. We ended up at Zehnder's and did their buffet style. Lots of yummy options on the buffet to be had, including a variety of meats: turkey, roast beef, fried chicken (because Frankenmuth), salmon, fried shrimp, and stuffed pork roast. Sides were traditional and plentiful. Dad had blueberry pie for dessert and I went for the traditional pumpkin. We left with full bellies and a thought that we may do it again in future years. 

One of my favorite areas during not only Christmas time but throughout the year.

• Like 1