Robotic Vacuum... need or want ?

jewleyp

I toy with this purchase every Black Friday. I have a dog & cat with hair tumbleweeds and a family that drops crumbs like they are going to go missing! House is hardwood with area rugs and lots of open rooms. I need honest opinions and recommendations!!!

I have a Roomba. IDK which kind.

My thing is that we never have the floor clean enough to run her. Like, there's always shoelaces to eat, etc that would stop it up. Plus, we got a new rug and it's too high for the Roomba and she gets stuck under the couch. EVERY. TIME. We just don't use her as much as we hoped we would.

• Like 1

We have the Shark Ion 750...I can honestly say it is one of the BEST investments we have ever made...we have 3 cats and without our Shark we would be drowning in cat hair!! Our home has mostly hard wood...but we also have tile and area rugs...and carpet in the bedrooms. I have it scheduled to run once a day every day. Very rarely does it get stuck on anything or vacuum up anything it shouldn't. We purchased it last BF and it has ran every single day since then without any issues. I empty it about every 3 days. If you have have funds in the budget for it, I say get it- you won't regret it. We are having a new home built and I am considering purchasing a second one to have for the second level of our new home.

Side note- I do HIGHLY suggest "vacuum proofing" your home before you let it start cleaning. I went around and zip tied up any cables or cords that were lying on the floor...otherwise she (yes, I refer to it as a she) will more than likely get stuck/tangled up in those. 

Edited by stewarta4
  • Like 1

I like mine as well as it helps deal with my dogs shedding in between weekend vacuuming. The only downside is that it can be loud when running on our tile surfaces (not perfectly flat white the grout lines) so that rules out running it during the night or when we are watching tv.
  • Like 1

We have the Shark Ion 750...I can honestly say it is one of the BEST investments we have ever made...we have 3 cats and without our Shark we would be drowning in cat hair!! Our home has mostly hard wood...but we also have tile and area rugs...and carpet in the bedrooms. I have it scheduled to run once a day every day. Very rarely does it get stuck on anything or vacuum up anything it shouldn't. We purchased it last BF and it has ran every single day since then without any issues. I empty it about every 3 days. If you have have funds in the budget for it, I say get it- you won't regret it. We are having a new home built and I am considering purchasing a second one to have for the second level of our new home.

Side note- I do HIGHLY suggest "vacuum proofing" your home before you let it start cleaning. I went around and zip tied up any cables or cords that were lying on the floor...otherwise she (yes, I refer to it as a she) will more than likely get stuck/tangled up in those.

Is the one that you have the one listed in Target’s ad for this year? $199 I think?

Is the one that you have the one listed in Target’s ad for this year? $199 I think?

That one looks like it's the model below the one we have...I did a brief amount of research and it looks like the main difference is the $199 one can't be controlled over WiFi but you can control it via a remote that comes with it. It looks like you can set a cleaning schedule with this one as well. It would probably be a really good option if you don't care about having an app on your phone to control it! [emoji4]

That one looks like it's the model below the one we have...I did a brief amount of research and it looks like the main difference is the $199 one can't be controlled over WiFi but you can control it via a remote that comes with it. It looks like you can set a cleaning schedule with this one as well. It would probably be a really good option if you don't care about having an app on your phone to control it! [emoji4][/quo

Ohhh thank you! I was dreading the research with all the work deadlines I have right now !! Your a gem [emoji122]

My Roomba 650 is named Pigpen, and I won't be without one again. 
I too went back and forth for quite a while before I bought it at Lowes, 
thanks to GottaDeal.
The app makes it FAR easier to set up the schedule.
Mine is set up to run at 3:00 PM every workday. 
That way I don't have to listen to it. 
I get a alert after to let me know if it was successful or got stuck. 
Often, but no biggie.
You learn to Roomba proof quickly, but the A/C vents are still a challenge for it sometimes. 
A black 2x4 blocks it from going under the sofa and dishwasher, 
and if you come into my house you will never see them. 
You will probably love it, but they ain't for everybody. 

C.  

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one that names our robot vacuums! The first one was Rosie, the current one is Mega maid.

We currently have the Shark Ion 750. It came with magnetic strips that you mark off boundaries with. So that we can mark off the bathroom where there is more likely to have cat messes. Or... Under desks, sofas, etc. We pick up the small throw rugs that we have learned she gets caught on. But it sure is nice to not have fur and cat litter on the edges of all the walls now!

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one that names our robot vacuums! The first one was Rosie, the current one is Mega maid.

We currently have the Shark Ion 750. It came with magnetic strips that you mark off boundaries with. So that we can mark off the bathroom where there is more likely to have cat messes. Or... Under desks, sofas, etc. We pick up the small throw rugs that we have learned she gets caught on. But it sure is nice to not have fur and cat litter on the edges of all the walls now!

No cat fur or litter on the floor or in the corners

Sounds like a wonderful dream !! Lol

I got mine last BF with the Target Gift Card for buying an iPhone. I had always wanted one but wondered if it was worth the hype.

YYYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

It has run every day sometimes 2-3 times if I take it to the other level of the house. We have a Great Pyrenees and she sheds like crazy. Not to mention the dirt the three dogs run in from the outside. It has saved my sanity. No more feeling like I’m walking on a cloudy sandy beach on our tile floors. We do run it during the day because it can be a little loud if you are watching TV or trying to have family dinner. I want one for just our lower level too now. Because now I’m spoiled.

• Like 1

That one looks like it's the model below the one we have...I did a brief amount of research and it looks like the main difference is the $199 one can't be controlled over WiFi but you can control it via a remote that comes with it. It looks like you can set a cleaning schedule with this one as well. It would probably be a really good option if you don't care about having an app on your phone to control it! [emoji4][/quo

Ohhh thank you! I was dreading the research with all the work deadlines I have right now !! Your a gem [emoji122]

You're welcome! The one for $179 in the Walmart ad also looks like a good option if you don't mind not being able to control it via your smart phone...I'm considering that one for myself for a second one! [emoji848]

• Like 1

I love ours, my husband thinks it was a waste of money, but he doesn't vacuum. I only have to deep clean vacuum once a week now where before it was every other day. We have a cat and 2 dogs, one being a husky collie mix who sheds when he walks. Clumps of hair everywhere, especially along the edges.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an opinion on which robot vacuum is the best deal? I’m thinking I’m going to try for the Roomba 675 at Target for $199 but would love to have a backup.

I pulled the trigger on the Ecovacs Deebot that was the deal of the day yesterday on Amazon. My sister sent the notice to me and we did some research on the tech websites. It was a great deal. I hope I like it as much as everyone tells me I should. Lol

• Like 1

I pulled the trigger on the Ecovacs Deebot that was the deal of the day yesterday on Amazon. My sister sent the notice to me and we did some research on the tech websites. It was a great deal. I hope I like it as much as everyone tells me I should. Lol

That’s the one we have! We like it for the most part. It sometimes gets stuck under the kitchen table cause of all the table and chair kegs confuse it. Small price to pay to cut back on my vacuuming (especially in spring when my dog is shedding). Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 1