Secret Santa 2018 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

Thank you so much cjdav1! I love everything. I received this week and tried to wait to open but failed miserably. I'm glad I did because I can't wait to use the spoons and spatula for baking Christmas cookies and can't wait to wrap presents wearing the cozy socks. Thank you again!attachicon.gif20181130_192558.jpeg

Merry Christmas!!

ytmomof4 , what happened to your son? i have not caught up with posts so i might find a post about it now while looking.. no matter what ,i'm praying for him!

He just kept passing out for no apparent reason. We are home now with no explanation but no episodes either. All tests came back normal.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers

• Like 4

My SS package was delivered yesterday.  It will go under my tree (when i put it up) and I will open on Christmas morning!

Gosh, I wish I had your willpower! When mine came it sat looking at me, just daring me to open it, despite my good intentions of waiting till Christmas morning. I guiltily say that I gave in & opened it!

• Like 4

Found a box on my doorstep today.  I beleive I recognise the address so it must be my Secret Santa!  Thank you! Thank you!  (I do believe I know who you are Secret Santa!  This will be exciting!)    I will be waiting to open mine on Christmas.  :D

Reveived my last item today for my secret santa box.  So I will be wrapping mom and mine gifts this week and hope to have them in the mail by Saturday.  Our Christmas cards all went out over the weekend.

On the Christmas card note:  My mom (Reinholt1sMom) is having so much fun with all the Christmas cards.  She is saying things like:  "What beautiful cards!,  Such a nice bunch of people!, Oh this card is more beautiful then the last!"  She is hanging them all up around a door frame as part of her holiday decorations.  She takes note at where they all come from and is thrilled with all the different states they are coming from.  (I think she wants 50 cards next year - one from each state!!  BoPeep!  You had better start recruiting for that now!  :D)

At 88 (and still living independently) Mom hardly gets any cards anymore.  Most everyone she used to exchange cards with has passed or they are just not able to send cards any longer.  I cannot express how much fun receiving these cards has been for my mom.  Having Christmas cards out as part of the holiday decorations goes back decades for my mom.  Having a few cards show up addressed to her just brightens her holidays.   I really do appreciate our little group here!  Thank you to all!

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 13

My SS gift is boxed, addressed, and ready to go out tomorrow. I have never second-guessed myself so much in a SS gift choice. I sure hope they like it!

Also, I would like to apologize in advance to my SS for all the tape on the box.  After I got everything in there, I was afraid the box wasn't sturdy enough so I was trying to shore it up, LOL.

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 3

Found a box on my doorstep today.  I beleive I recognise the address so it must be my Secret Santa!  Thank you! Thank you!  (I do believe I know who you are Secret Santa!  This will be exciting!)    I will be waiting to open mine on Christmas.  :D

Reveived my last item today for my secret santa box.  So I will be wrapping mom and mine gifts this week and hope to have them in the mail by Saturday.  Our Christmas cards all went out over the weekend.

On the Christmas card note:  My mom (Reinholt1sMom) is having so much fun with all the Christmas cards.  She is saying things like:  "What beautiful cards!,  Such a nice bunch of people!, Oh this card is more beautiful then the last!"  She is hanging them all up around a door frame as part of her holiday decorations.  She takes note at where they all come from and is thrilled with all the different states they are coming from.  (I think she wants 50 cards next year - one from each state!!  BoPeep!  You had better start recruiting for that now!  :D)

At 88 (and still living independently) Mom hardly gets any cards anymore.  Most everyone she used to exchange cards with has passed or they are just not able to send cards any longer.  I cannot express how much fun receiving these cards has been for my mom.  Having Christmas cards out as part of the holiday decorations goes back decades for my mom.  Having a few cards show up addressed to her just brightens her holidays.   I really do appreciate our little group here!  Thank you to all!

I normally don't participate in the card exchange, but I'd be more than happy to send your mom one since she enjoys getting them so much!

• Like 3

I plan on doing my cards next week, I'm not in the exchange.... just running late this year for family cards.  Anyways, I would love to send your mom one if you want to PM me her address.  It won't be an exciting new state since I see you are in Michigan too, but it would be another for her to hang. 

• Like 1

So, much to my surprise USPS delivered a package today to my house and it just happened to be my SS package!  Happy early birthday and merry christmas to me.  I'm overjoyed at my gifts so thank you so very much Secret Santa!!!!  I opened the shipping box and found a beautiful Christmas box and put it under the tree, telling myself I would wait to open it until my birthday next week, but yeah, that lasted all of about 30 minutes.  LOL.  My magical gifts were just what I needed today.  Thank you again for further enabling my Harry Potter love.   :heart:

post-198328-0-11295000-1544054717_thumb.jpg         post-198328-0-07822800-1544054652_thumb.jpg

PS.....sorry the pics are sideways!  I don't know why I have so much trouble uploading pics here.  

• Like 3

Aww  Gee.  How kind.  Thank you Kash and Ilikefree!   My Mom was the "MI" person on the list.  And we don't have Ohio represented,  so acutally you both will add 2 more states for Mom to comment about.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness!  I'll PM her address to you both.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 2