Goodies

Bopeep

I started my candy making today.  Did peanut clusters, and cordial cherries. The cherries take 2 weeks to set up, and I've never tried them before. Hoping they turn out well.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/Photo%20Dec%2002%205%2024%2002%20PM.jpg

So, what are YOU making?

• Like 6

I always make buckeyes. I bought all the stuff today, I might start tomorrow. We are going to a friends house Friday, and he always wants them. I'll make another batch next weekend for family Christmas.

I never really thought about that you could make cordial cherries. I'm not sure anyone would eat them here though.

Sometimes I make potato candy because it's fun and I love making it, but no one eats it.

Mama started experimenting with fudge this year, so I probably won't make any of that.

So looks like I'm just at buckeyes and cookies! But we'll be on vacation and returning Christmas Eve, so I won't have as much time as usual anyway.

Let us know how the cherries turn out!

• Like 2

I've posted most of the list elsewhere but here's what's on the agenda so far: 

Round 1 (drop dead ship date next Tues 12/12)

- 2 (8x8) batches chocolate mint fudge

- 1 (8x8) batch chocolate strawberry fudge

- 2 loaves pumpkin bread 

- 2 (9x13) pans of brownies 

- Double batch chocolate chip cookies (should net about 13-14 dozen)

- Double batch white choc macadamia nut cookies (again abt 13-14 dozen) 

- Double batch oatmeal PB choc chip cookies (abt 12 dozen)

- Double batch snickerdoodles (abt 7-8 dozen) 

- Double batch PB cookies (abt 6-7 dozen) 

- Single batch candy cane kiss cookies (abt 3-4 dozen) 

[Vast majority of this first round will go to my Joe Gibbs Racing crew boys at the shop in Huntersville, NC)

Round 2 (ship date no later than 12/21, depending on location)

- 1 (maybe 2?) 8x8 batch chocolate mint fudge

- 1 8x8 batch chocolate strawberry fudge

- 2 9x13 pans of brownies

- Double batch chocolate chip cookies (abt 13-14 dozen)

- Single batch white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (abt 7-8 dozen)

- Single batch oatmeal/PB/choc chip cookies (abt 6-7 dozen)

- Double batch lemon cookies (abt 6-8 dozen)

All told, somewhere around 100 dozen cookies, 5 or 6 batches of fudge, 4 batches of brownies, and the pumpkin bread. I am a very busy bee these next couple of weeks. Prepping tonight and tomorrow, the marathon begins Wednesday night. (And yes, I still have to handle my day job every day, too. lol)

• Like 2

- 2 loaves pumpkin bread

[Vast majority of this first round will go to my Joe Gibbs Racing crew boys at the shop in Huntersville, NC)

All told, somewhere around 100 dozen cookies, 5 or 6 batches of fudge, 4 batches of brownies, and the pumpkin bread. I am a very busy bee these next couple of weeks. Prepping tonight and tomorrow, the marathon begins Wednesday night. (And yes, I still have to handle my day job every day, too. lol)

Wow....just wow!!!! That poor oven is about to get worked over

• Like 2

Wittenlover, that's a LOT of baking.  We do a lot of cookies (just sugar cookies with buttercream icing), but not THAT many. LOL

Last night, I made billionaires for the first time.  They are really good, so tonight I will be making another batch.  Still to come are turtles, Christmas peanut butter cups, and candy coated pretzel rods. And, of course, the cookies :).

• Like 1

Wow....just wow!!!! That poor oven is about to get worked over

Haha yeah every year it gets a really good workout at Christmas. A lot of my peeps prefer the baked goodies to material gifts, so it's a labor of love for me. Will be sending out a total of 11 different boxes to destinations in NC, FL, OH, KY and ID. :)

Edited by wittenlover
  • Like 1

- 2 loaves pumpkin bread 

When do mine ship out? :sidesplit

Hawaiian, Sweet and Tangy BBQ and lemon pepper. The lil smokies are bacon wrapped with brown sugar and maple syrup. Buffalo dip, spinach dip and a few cheese balls.

Think I may have to do some meatballs also. I do a killer buffalo chicken dip so there will be plenty of that. Trying to think of some other things to put out. Will be doing some smoked meats for one of the two days. :)

• Like 1

Haha yeah every year it gets a really good workout at Christmas. A lot of my peeps prefer the baked goodies to material gifts, so it's a labor of love for me. Will be sending out a total of 11 different boxes to destinations in NC, FL, OH, KY and ID. :)

I am in the Carolinas maybe I need to get on that list. 

• Like 2

My pit crew guys would agree. They are, however, the most expensive cookies I make. Macadamias are pricey! They're lucky I love them. lol

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

No doubt there. Few weeks back Sam's had a good deal on them and pecans. I picked up a bag of pecans for the Sweet Potato Casserole I do on thanksgiving. :)

• Like 1

Got the first batch of buckeyes done today. They were for a gift for dinner hosts tonight. But it stupid SNOWED in Atlanta today! We only got rain and sleet, but our destination got snow, and it is expected to start getting snowy and icy later tonight. So we are staying put.

So they went in the freezer, and hopefully won't get eaten before we reschedule!

• Like 1

Got the first batch of buckeyes done today. They were for a gift for dinner hosts tonight. But it stupid SNOWED in Atlanta today! We only got rain and sleet, but our destination got snow, and it is expected to start getting snowy and icy later tonight. So we are staying put.

So they went in the freezer, and hopefully won't get eaten before we reschedule!

Should just eat them and then make more. :)

So far: 551 cookies in, still one more batch (7-8 dozen strong) in this first round. Two batches of brownies are done. Leaves me with the last batch of cookies, three batches of fudge, and pumpkin bread to make tonight for my first (big) shipment tomorrow down to my JGR crew boys in NC (aka my brothers from another mother). One small box will go out of this first round to a good buddy in Kentucky. His bday is this week, so I always make sure his goodie box comes out of the first round.

Once I'm past tomorrow, round 2 begins in earnest Wednesday night. Pretty much a repeat of the first round. :)

de8f3695a2a85054b0bae8c7875137c6.jpg

Edited by wittenlover
  • Like 5

So far: 551 cookies in, still one more batch (7-8 dozen strong) in this first round. Two batches of brownies are done. Leaves me with the last batch of cookies, three batches of fudge, and pumpkin bread to make tonight for my first (big) shipment tomorrow down to my JGR crew boys in NC (aka my brothers from another mother). One small box will go out of this first round to a good buddy in Kentucky. His bday is this week, so I always make sure his goodie box comes out of the first round.

Once I'm past tomorrow, round 2 begins in earnest Wednesday night. Pretty much a repeat of the first round. :)

de8f3695a2a85054b0bae8c7875137c6.jpg

I almost drooled on the keyboard for my new laptop.

• Like 1

Those cookies look delicious!

I just made a batch of plain ole chocolate chip cookies for our not-Christmas party at work tomorrow. I asked the girl in charge today what was still needed. She said nothing, that she was telling people that have already signed up for drinks to not worry. What about desserts? Oh there's plenty, 15 people signed up!

Numbers of attendees? 110.

So I just made 4 dozen cookies.