When are you putting up your Christmas tree?

msyves

Just a suggestion for anyone who really wants their tree up now.  A few years ago I set mine up in early October because I was being Mrs. Clause for Halloween and it made sense that I would have a tree.  I also gave out candy canes for trick or treaters.  Make a whole Christmas thing for halloween.  

• Like 3

We put our Tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving every year. My girls and I have a Christmas movie on mute, Christmas music playing and Christmas cookies baking. We really get in the spirit 

I LOVE this <3 I may do this with my 3 grand daughters this year <3

Jenn

Just a suggestion for anyone who really wants their tree up now.  A few years ago I set mine up in early October because I was being Mrs. Clause for Halloween and it made sense that I would have a tree.  I also gave out candy canes for trick or treaters.  Make a whole Christmas thing for halloween.  

My daughter is Christmas nut like her mama and has a "fall" tree up right now :)

I love the idea of giving out candy canes!

Jenn

I am putting up Mom's tree on Thanksgiving.  Because I work every weekend.   Mom asked me today if I could put it up "NOW".  She finally got her 2 bedroom apartment a year ago but the catch was we had to move her on January 15th.  So she had no tree last year.  She said she is looking forward to having it up this year because she missed it and she doesn't care if it is Halloween, she's ready for it to go up NOW.  (Of course she tried the "I could be dead by then so you had better put it up now" line on me once again.  It didn't work.)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I hurt my hip/back so not this weekend as originally planned (I’m trying to take it easy in hopes that I’ll be well enough to shop on the big day next week). I sure hope the lights behave and I don’t find that I need a new tree AFTER the BF sales are over. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

My fam is opposed to my tree prior to Thanksgiving so it goes up that weekend. Now when we drive past a house that already has their up I shout “I love them”. EVERY TIME! Just for the irritation factor for them. Lol

• Like 2

My fam is opposed to my tree prior to Thanksgiving so it goes up that weekend. Now when we drive past a house that already has their up I shout “I love them”. EVERY TIME! Just for the irritation factor for them. Lol

Love it! LOL

I actually saw a house yesterday with their inflatables in the yard already. My tree may have been up for a week already but I do wait until after Thanksgiving to do the outdoor decorations. :)

• Like 1

Well mama has the grandson all weekend, so I'll be over at her house all weekend helping watch him. So that's going to seriously impede my decorating time.

But my son and husband were going to start getting things ready today, so maybe I can get a little done tonight when I get home, before I collapse into bed from exhaustion.