Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

Game comes out on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Yes, and I know a couple places will have it on sale for Black Friday.  I was just hoping to take advantage of today's sale.  I suspect I'll be able to get Madden on sale on BF as well. I don't know about Injustice 2 though, I've never looked for that one before.

Yes, and I know a couple places will have it on sale for Black Friday. I was just hoping to take advantage of today's sale. I suspect I'll be able to get Madden on sale on BF as well. I don't know about Injustice 2 though, I've never looked for that one before.

The Target sale is all week

Yes, and I know a couple places will have it on sale for Black Friday. I was just hoping to take advantage of today's sale. I suspect I'll be able to get Madden on sale on BF as well. I don't know about Injustice 2 though, I've never looked for that one before.

DS10 gets Madden for his birthday as it’s always released around it but it is ALWAYS on sale for Black Friday.

Thoughts on if Target’s B2G1 is better than the deals we’ll see on BF? I guess I could buy now and just return if there ends up being s better deal.

nope

as you think most games will be either $25 or $35 on BF at the current $60 each you will spend $120, so if you get 3 of them for $25 each your saving almost $50 by waiting or just $15 at the least

but yes you could buy now and just return them if the better deal is on BF

Decent deal on a Switch console with Super Mario Odyssey and a bunch of Mario merch on the front page:

http://www.gottadeal.com/DirectDeal/160597

I think ThinkGeek forgot to turn on the "no coupons allowed" switch for this bundle, so the 20% off code works.

I'm bummed, it's sold out. If it wasn't I would have bought this as it's the game and console we want for our daughter.

• Like 1

WAs anyone else able to snag the SNES classic from Target this morning? I got on and signed in and was ready to add it to my cart once it became available.  As soon as it was available, I clicked on "how to buy this item" and realized I hadn't put my RedCard info into my wallet online.  I had to enter that info in and then I kept getting an error stating to try again later.  I refreshed for a good 20 minutes before it finally let me finish my order and was able to check out.  I'm so excited that I was able to get this for my FIL.  I just hope my order doesn't get cancelled for any reason.

• Like 2

WAs anyone else able to snag the SNES classic from Target this morning? I got on and signed in and was ready to add it to my cart once it became available.  As soon as it was available, I clicked on "how to buy this item" and realized I hadn't put my RedCard info into my wallet online.  I had to enter that info in and then I kept getting an error stating to try again later.  I refreshed for a good 20 minutes before it finally let me finish my order and was able to check out.  I'm so excited that I was able to get this for my FIL.  I just hope my order doesn't get cancelled for any reason.

I didn't I was working on the JC Penny ad and completely forgot about it till a little while ago. I'm sure there is no need to tell you they were all gone when I remembered. lol

Yep, my son’s list is almost all Switch games also. Hoping someone has those on sale for BF!

I’m hoping for Switch games also. I was bummed that Target excluded them in the B2G1 free sale. I hope that’s not a foreshadowing of the BF sales.

• Like 2

I got the 3 games I need from Target this morning.  With the B2G1 and the RedCard discount, they averaged $37.99 each.  Individually, I will probably find better deals in the BF ads, but collectively I might not.  I'll keep an eye out, though, and return them if I need to.

Silly question .... Is there a gaming counsel system that is NOT able to connect to the internet at all?? Was thinking the Nintendo SNES classic might be what I want to look into.  But, thought I'd see if anybody had any other suggestions short of finding a old used one on ebay or something. But, then games might be difficult to find?

My husband wanted a Super Nintendo, and put it on his Christmas list growing up for like 10 years or something (I hear the same story at Thanksgiving every year...). Anyway, I'm looking for the SNES Classic, and I can't find it anywhere except for places that want at least double what the price actually is. Does anyone think they will release more by BF?

Poor guy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930P using GottaDEAL mobile app

Check your Walmart someone on one of our local Facebook sell groups posted that Walmart has them

Silly question .... Is there a gaming counsel system that is NOT able to connect to the internet at all?? Was thinking the Nintendo SNES classic might be what I want to look into.  But, thought I'd see if anybody had any other suggestions short of finding a old used one on ebay or something. But, then games might be difficult to find?

This could be managed at the router in most instances, where you just wouldn't allow the console (any console, XBox, PS4, Switch, WiiU, etc.) to connect to the Internet if you didn't want to.

• Like 1

Question:

DS26 has down syndrome and has finally asked to get a new Xbox. He does not like change so his current one is the Xbox 360. I need to know if the newer ones play the 360 games and which unit I am probably looking for. He does not do online anything he puts in his WWE games and plays for hours. Can anyone tell me which Xbox I should be looking at?

• Like 1

Question:

DS26 has down syndrome and has finally asked to get a new Xbox. He does not like change so his current one is the Xbox 360. I need to know if the newer ones play the 360 games and which unit I am probably looking for. He does not do online anything he puts in his WWE games and plays for hours. Can anyone tell me which Xbox I should be looking at?

I did a quick look and Microsoft actually has a spot on their site where they talk about backwards compatibility: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

Admittedly, I am not an X Boxer, so my knowledge is quite limited, but I'm sure there are some others here who either are gamers themselves or who have gamer kids. Those folks would likely know more than I would. :)

Edited by wittenlover
  • Like 1

Question:

Some, but not all, of the 360 games can be played on the One.  This link has a list, and it looks like it was updated just a couple weeks ago, but it may or may not be complete: http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one-2993066. I don't see WWE games on the list, but I went straight to the Ws, so maybe they're called something else?  There are WWE games for the Xbox One, but they probably aren't the same games he's used to.  

• Like 1

None of my kids are heavy gamers but this year both my son and my daughter have requested an Xbox (either 360 or One).  We're not going to have a lot of money to spend this year (it has been a tough year financially) so I am leaning towards the Xbox 360.  There is 8 1/2 years between them, so this is one thing they both have in common and can play together.  My son wants some Call of Duty games and my daughter wants a Kinect, a few Kinect games, and a few other games.  I am hoping to get a good deal on a system this year.  

Edited by starbeck96