Amazon.com Online Black Friday Sale Discussion

Brad

I'm beyond annoyed with amazon, whats the point of putting something on my watchlist if as soon as it goes live and is waitslisted it is deleted from page and I need to search for item only to see waitlist full? Amazon has really screwed customers in the last few years with Lightning Deals. They used to have mostly decent deals and easily scrollable NOW theres pages and pages of useless crap reduced 0.10.

• Like 1

I'm beyond annoyed with amazon, whats the point of putting something on my watchlist if as soon as it goes live and is waitslisted it is deleted from page and I need to search for item only to see waitlist full? Amazon has really screwed customers in the last few years with Lightning Deals. They used to have mostly decent deals and easily scrollable NOW theres pages and pages of useless crap reduced 0.10.

My app notifies me about 5 minutes prior to the start, I can go to my Watch List and then add to cart when the deal goes live (~4 minutes later).  There are very often items that go to 100% claimed within 5 seconds because there are 1,000,000 other people doing the exact same thing you're doing at the same time.  When the calendars come out, not only do you know exactly when the movies you want will be active, but so does millions of other people...

Tried getting the hisense 55in 4K on the app deals but as always it said wait list full before I could blink an eye. Sooo frustrated right now with how things have turned out today.

I would not have expected any differently.  It would be exactly the same if Walmart put such a deal online when they did their online sale.  Millions of people know about this and are clicking on it at the same time as you are.  When only thousands are available (completely a guess on my part; no idea how many there were), the waitlist is going to be full immediately.

I would not have expected any differently. It would be exactly the same if Walmart put such a deal online when they did their online sale. Millions of people know about this and are clicking on it at the same time as you are. When only thousands are available (completely a guess on my part; no idea how many there were), the waitlist is going to be full immediately.

Walmart has the same tv for sale which went online earlier this week but I missed it.

Update: just went to my local Walmart and got the very last one. Two people came in right behind me wanting one. Finally got lucky!!

• Like 1

Is this advertised somewhere? Or been mentioned in the forum? I haven't seen anything. Thanks!

I have seen it advertised a couple times on a few internet links. Here's one link that talks about it. It doesnt really give a day or time though.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/110307/20151126/amazon-target-and-other-retailers-pushing-apps-with-mobile-only-black-friday-deals.htm

Is this advertised somewhere? Or been mentioned in the forum? I haven't seen anything. Thanks!

There were some posts on here talking about mobile app only deals from Amazon on Thanksgiving.

There was also a post mentioning this deal from someone looking at the app this morning and seeing the upcoming deal; alerting us to the date/time of this tv.  Anyone could have opened up the app to see these deals themselves; there were only ~40-50 for the entire day.

My app notifies me about 5 minutes prior to the start, I can go to my Watch List and then add to cart when the deal goes live (~4 minutes later).  There are very often items that go to 100% claimed within 5 seconds because there are 1,000,000 other people doing the exact same thing you're doing at the same time.  When the calendars come out, not only do you know exactly when the movies you want will be active, but so does millions of other people...

So I used the app earlier to purchase something since I was at my parents for Thanksgiving and it worked really well. I already had the app open to my "watchlist" and when the blu-ray I wanted went live, I was able to hit add to cart and checked out.  

I was kinda shocked how well it worked.

• Like 1

I was kinda shocked how well it worked.

I'm at a 50/50 success rate with app. Early yesterday I was able to waitlist something on app but then when it was available the "add to cart" button wasn't responding. I managed to make it to pc in time to add and get deal. I did buy something later in the day using the app though.

Unlike Walmarts app that just locked out on me when I tried to check out yesterday morning when all the craziness was going on. That sucker just kept spinning until I forced it shut, not even an error message like site was giving.

Nice! That worked out well for you. I think I'll go check my husband's list again. He's always updating it.

I know.  It was a daunting task to scroll through 34 pages of the current deals, but totally worth it to save another 20%!  ...on something that was already going to be bought for them and myself anyway!  Today has been a much better day with the Lightning Deals and there's been things to entice impulse buys.