I Need LeapPads

I am looking for a good deal on LeapPads. I work with children who are having an extremely difficult time learning to read and think these would be good to take home to practice with. If you see any on sale or clearance please let me know. I work at a public school but there is no available funding for these so I would be purchasing them with my own money. Thanks :book:

Not to get off topic but have you tried showing a DVD movie and turning on the Closed Captions? I started doing this with my DD when she was 3 or 4 and she's 6 now and reads at prolly a grade 2 or better level. She can read along with what they are saying as they are saying it.

I will look in my Target and Walmart. If they have any in my "clearance comfort" zone (20 bucks or less) I will buy it and donate to your efforts. I recently gave a practically new one away on my local Freecycle because my son had outgrown the My First Leap Pad programs. I will look in my stores in the next few days. You are commendable for your work with children. Kristyn

Do you need leappad books too? If so, Circuit City has some marked down and free shipping on orders over $25 or if it's available in your local store you can order online and get free in-store pick up. The following link will take you to the leappad search I did. The are other leapfrog items included, but it looked like all the books were first in the search.

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/Ntt/leappad/Ntk/All/catOid/-13224/N/0+21013224/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

I would highly recommend the Talking Words Factory, Talking Letter Factory, and Word Caper II by LeapFrog. My daughter is learning to read at 4 using these DVD's and most of the leapfrog educational toys. Also have you thought about contacting the company directly? They are a great company and very helpful. I will keep my eyes out, last year I got the Princess Laptops (LeapFrog) from CC for free after rebates. Our local library keeps all of the mentioned DVD's on the shelf, you might encourage the children to check out the library too!

I will look in my Target and Walmart. If they have any in my "clearance comfort" zone (20 bucks or less) I will buy it and donate to your efforts. I recently gave a practically new one away on my local Freecycle because my son had outgrown the My First Leap Pad programs. I will look in my stores in the next few days. You are commendable for your work with children. Kristyn

Thank you so much, that is very kind of you. I am absolutely speechless! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU even if you dont find one the offer is so generous.

My son doesn't use his leappad as much as his leapster which he loves. As another poster said, he also loves the Leapfrog DVD's.

Now away from leapfrog, he loves the website www.starfall.com They have several different reading activities.

We use starfall at school during free time and the kids love it.