Fry's Electronics

laddhorn

• 2 weeks later...

So far the Fry's "leaked deals" to those that subscribe are awsome!!

I hope they will be available online for later pickup like last year.

Sony 32" LCD TV $98, BeatsHD On-Ear Headphones $78, Lenovo Flex 2 15.6" Dual-Mode Laptop $498.

Other deals are posted, but these look like the most requested items.

Can't wait to see the whole ad!

You can go to the Fry's website to see all the deals posted so far.

Edited by BLKFRI

Saw several things in the posted ad that I wanted, so I signed up for the email list on two different addresses, one of them several days ago.  Both received the welcome email, and then nothing at all.  Not in inbox, not in spam, nothing.  I assume the sale is live now for those who actually have codes, but I'm sorry I wasted my time on Frys.  We don't have them here, so the online deals were my only shot.

--Mark

I have been trying since 3 A.M. the sale has never went live.

Yesterday, the online sale went off without a hitch.

Went to the store about 45 minutes early and the line was only half way up the side of the building.

Got right in, was able to get all the items we wanted including tv's, and checked out without waiting in line.

Guess I am going to go to their store now as there are other stores to go to after their 5 A.M. opening.

And remember, your best buys are always at Fry's!

Sorry I only have 1 code for today.  Had an extra yesterday.  The code is 1 code for all items, 1 use per item.

Went live at 3:30.

Edited by BLKFRI

I have been trying since 3 A.M. the sale has never went live.

Yesterday, the online sale went off without a hitch.

Went to the store about 45 minutes early and the line was only half way up the side of the building.

Got right in, was able to get all the items we wanted including tv's, and checked out without waiting in line.

Guess I am going to go to their store now as there are other stores to go to after their 5 A.M. opening.

And remember, your best buys are always at Fry's!

Sorry I only have 1 code for today.  Had an extra yesterday.  The code is 1 code for all items, 1 use per item.

Went live at 3:30.

Thank you. I had already signed up for emails, but I am not getting them.  Very odd.  The website seems to be very glitchy. It doesn't even load correctly.

VERY disppointed in the online Fry's Black Friday Sales.

Some places said it started at 5 AM today Pacific Time, some said at 5 AM your local time.  I got up at 5 local time (3 Pacific Time) and clicked on the email that I was sent on 11/26 with the code, and the tempting deals.

They all said coming soon (basically in two hours (which would have been 5 AM Pacific Time)  At about 5:45 I checked again and most of the things I were interested iin were OUT OF STOCK!

OK, they tell me to wait two hours, and after 45 minutes they are gone?????  Way to run a sale, Frys! 

But wait!  It gets better!

I found the few straggling items that were still in stock and put them in my cart.  Went to check out and put in my special code and get the red error text.  "THIS CODE IS NOT VALID OR DOES NOT APPLY TO THE ITEMS IN YOUR CART"

WHAT????   I clicked on the email that YOU sent me, copied and pasted the code that YOU sent me, and you're telling me it's not valid?

OK, clear all the cookies, restart the browser and try again.

Now, there is no place in the checkout screen to even attempt to put in the codes.  Looks like they realized they screwed the pooch and removed the code entry option.

Not good, Fry's NOT GOOD. 

Same for me. Pretty annoying.

First it all was "coming soon", then half an hour later it was all available, but it wouldn't take the promo code.

Different browser (never seen frys.com before=, same deal. Then it turned out that only an item from the T-day sale actually brought up the promo code field. Only with today's items in the cart didn't even allow me to put the promo code in

snedecor: from their site it says the field only appears when there is an item in the cart that qualifies for a promo code.

Frys is so messed up, no reason to wste any more time with them.

The tv's I wanted were out of stock when the online sale went live.

So I went to the store.  Was in the same place in line as last night at 4:25 Pacific.

Got all 3 tv's I wanted, the power supply's for the computer parts from last night, flash drives, 8-channel security system to go with the 4 cameras from last night and some other stuff .  So I got everything with no line at the checkout.

There was a line for the tv's and when I got up there the promo code did not work. It seems that the first batch they sent out a couple of days ago with the Friday ad did not work. They gave me a new code on the spot which I was able to use on all my purchases.  The store was less crowded than last night. And as usual I have no complaints other than the online sale starting late.

The promo code will also not work if you have an item that has sold out by the time you try to enter it.