When does your Christmas tree come down?

Guest outrbanx

True. Very true. However, I don't want to seem negative, but my daughter can hear people whispering in the living room and comes downstairs. :gd_shake: is the last thing she needs to see at three years old. :eek:

I can't afford the therapy it would involve. Not to mention any therapy she may need afterward.

LMAO

I was always told and have done...... take it down after New Years told it was bad luck before then. I dont know anything about the 5th or 6th.

Ive been itching to take it down, takes up a huge corner of our small living room and 6 kids with all their Christmas presents floating everywhere is not cute.

Guest outrbanx

I was always told and have done...... take it down after New Years told it was bad luck before then. I dont know anything about the 5th or 6th.

Ive been itching to take it down, takes up a huge corner of our small living room and 6 kids with all their Christmas presents floating everywhere is not cute.

Same with my wife. "It's baaad luucck!!", she says. But, like you, we have a small living room. While there are only three kids here, I'm running short on sanity also.

Lights and ornaments are off! Time to dismantle. Last I spoke to my lovely bride, she was having a bad day. That may mean that something as silly as a Christmas tree won't matter much in the great scheme of things, or..........it may invoke a Lorena Bobbitt-type rampage. Either way, it will be fine. I guess. :3paperbag

Now.......where's that cup?

Well, this is kinda embarrassing but ours once stayed up until the middle of March. It's such a pain to put up neither my husband nor I felt like doing it so while I was out shopping my husband calls me and says "Do you mind if we have a poker game over here tonight?" I say, "No problem, as long as you take down the Christmas Tree first?". He hesitated at first but he still did it.

This year it will come down in a few days.

Guest outrbanx

I have a cousin that was, well let's just say, "very into partying", even into his 40's. He had a tree that was left up for two or three years straight. He'd even plug it in on the 4th of July.

By the way, did I mention that it was a real tree? :D

Now everyone on here is wondering if mental illness runs in the family. :2wiggle:

Same with my wife. "It's baaad luucck!!", she says. But, like you, we have a small living room. While there are only three kids here, I'm running short on sanity also.

Lights and ornaments are off! Time to dismantle. Last I spoke to my lovely bride, she was having a bad day. That may mean that something as silly as a Christmas tree won't matter much in the great scheme of things, or..........it may invoke a Lorena Bobbitt-type rampage. Either way, it will be fine. I guess. :3paperbag

Now.......where's that cup?

:flame: You are so dead...it was a pleasure getting to know you! :flame:

Guest outrbanx

Am I going nuts? Has this post been in Holidays & Holiday Shopping since it started? I thought this was in the Gottatalk lounge. I just looked for it and poof it was in the H &HS.

Honestly, I was "thinking" about having some Capt. Morgan Parrot Bay rum. I haven't found the bottle yet.

Apparently, they moved it. It was in the Lounge.

I thought I was losing it. :)

Guest outrbanx

Haven't tried that. Me likes Parrot Bay with Diet Mt. Dew or Diet Code Red. Have you had Parrot Bay? If so, how does it compare with the Spiced Rum?

Haven't tried it, but I did partake of some of those little samples they have at the local ABC store. I may have to break into them now.

I'm not much of a drinker. As a matter of fact, Strawberry Daquiris and Capt. Morgan's & Pepsi are the only drinks I have found that I like. The rum gives the Pepsi a bit of a vanilla flavor. Really good after a long day with the critters. :)

We dont put ours up up until the first weekend in Dec(at earliest) and it would typically come down New years eve. Since we have a munchkin we dont go out on New Years eve so we started taking it down then while we watch whatever hokey marathon thats on. This year my mom wasnt able to come out for christmas but will be here on the 7th so it will stay up till then. Thats more to do w/ her saying she would take it all down if I was willing to leave it up that long LOL

I take mine down 2 days after Christmas no matter what!!!

My husband can't stand it, but he gets to leave the outside lights up until after New Year. That is our compromise.

I'll leave the Christmas villiage up and the outside lights till after the New Year too. I could leave the villiage up year round and never get tired of it. The rest of the family might have a problem with that though!

our little 3 foot fiber optic one came down on the 26th, the same day I bought our 7 foot one for next year. now I'm trying to get them to let me put this one up. :) they keep telling me I can put it up after thanksgiving. I keep telling them it IS after thanksgiving. Then they clarify: next year!!

Haven't tried that. Me likes Parrot Bay with Diet Mt. Dew or Diet Code Red. Have you had Parrot Bay? If so, how does it compare with the Spiced Rum?

if you like rum, try the flavored malibus!! i cant stand the original (coconut makes me puke) but these are yum..they make mango, pineapple, & passion fruit (i got a big bottle of mango for my bday) :greenappl

Guest outrbanx

Ummm.. I don't know if its because I'm from New Orleans too, but the tree does not come down before January 6th. Technically, the Christmas season doesn't even begin until Christmas Day -- the period before that is Advent where we prepare for Christmas. Just sayin......

That makes good sense. I do know that people used to put up their trees on Christmas Eve.