Secret Santa for My son's 5th Grade Class

elena_398

My son just came home to tell me his teacher is planning a classroom secret santa the last day before christmas break (12/21). The amount is $5 per gift(no more) and has to be for either a girl or boy. Apparently they will do a musical gift circle and when the music stops, that person gets that gift. Hency why it has to be for a girl or boy.

Im at a loss on what to get! I was thinking I would cheat and buy the 20 questions toy, but not sure. Isn't that under $10?? Any ideas would be great appreciated! Cute idea, but I wish I knew about this when shopping on BF! LOL

My daughter's class does this every year. She's 10 and this year the $$$ limit was $5-$7. I got a hair thingy/brush set with like 4 different brushes, hair clips, ponytail holders, etc. I also got a bath set that had body wash, lotion, the scrubby thingy and something else. Spent exactly $7.

For boys I have seen some of them get the hand held electronic games, small remote control vehicles, basketball, football (any kind of ball).

Oh, and I always bring an extra girl gift and another mother brings an extra boy gift just in case someone forgets theirs. We've only had to use the extras one time.

Any ideas would be great appreciated! Cute idea, but I wish I knew about this when shopping on BF! LOL

Yo-yo. Rubik's cube. Any of those little brain teaser puzzle sets. Jigsaw puzzle. Card games like Uno. Checkers. Chess. Chinese Checkers. Those little handheld electronic game thingies - I think they're around 4.99 at Walmart.

I don't know if you have a Family Dollar or Dollar General near you, but yesterday while I was out looking for the last gift on my list I noticed that Family Dollar has handheld electronic games like Bop It and Groove It (the big ones) for $5.00. Also Dollar General had some really neat ink pens that had the Connect Four Game, Lincoln Logs, Tinkertoys, Yahtzee, Barrel of Monkeys, and Nerf for only $3.00 each. I thought these were really neat a bought a bunch of them.

The boy OR girl part makes it hard, my son't class did that but boys bought for boys and girls for girls. Much easier....

That being said, don't chear the budget, You'll just be disappointed when your son comes home with something worth $1.50 (the max was 5, not the minimum) and you went all out. Check the dollar store, stocking stuffer areas. walmart had tons of fun little stuff at the registers for under $1 and $2. Try a bag of mixed things.

I have the gift exchange too. Heading Walmart again (shopped yesterday already for other items and forgot to buy the gift exchange present). Im going to get the Bratz bath set for $4.77. Seems all my daughters friends love Bratz. Im also going to through in some of the chapstick in the same aisle for .92. Love that one aisle with the cheaper gift items. Thats where Im running to the day after christmas! Im stocking up