please help me find DDR

DJ2

i would like to give dance dance revolution to our 3 daughters.

we do not currently own any of the gaming systems.

could anyone suggest to me what's the least expensive route to getting a new game, system, floor mat and all???? can it be done for $200? (i'm dreaming, right?)

thanks very much!

dj

Guest Unregistered

Sure it can! Especially if you can find the DDR mario mix, get a Gamecube for 99.00! You could also do a pre-owned Xbox or PS2 for 99.00 at EB or Gamestop.

so i need the system (which i might find pre-owned somewhere) the ddr software, which might be reasonably priced somewhere, and some kind of floor mat, right? then does it hook up to a tv? do i need to buy anything else to do that??

thx

-dj

you could go with this:

The Wave Dance Maker

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000096QQX/qid=1134426382/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-7978978-4863151

List Price: $24.99

Currently 50% off - Price: $12.49

It's not DDR, but the same idea without the need of a console.

If they don't have it already, they might enjoy "Twister Moves" as well. Another dance game that uses a mat.

Other than the link I put above, you'd be looking into getting a PS2, Xbox or a GameCube (Mario DDR), plus the game(s), plus the mat(s).

Guest Unregistered
You could also try the redoctane web site. They have a special ddr store that offers packages with the game and the mats.

so i need the system (which i might find pre-owned somewhere) the ddr software, which might be reasonably priced somewhere, and some kind of floor mat, right? then does it hook up to a tv? do i need to buy anything else to do that??

thx

-dj

The only other thing you would need is if the TV does not have A/V outputs. In that case you would need an RF adaptor, pretty cheap. Other than that, you should be good! Good luck finding everything!

The only other thing you would need is if the TV does not have A/V outputs. In that case you would need an RF adaptor, pretty cheap. Other than that, you should be good! Good luck finding everything!

you can route the a/v through a vcr or dvd player as well, although you will have some lines running through the picture. i had my ps2 hooked up this way up until i got a new tv recently.

WOW!!!!!!!!

Their aunt and uncle just bought them the ps2, ddr, mat and all! even an eyetoy, whatever that is....

ok, now i can use the money to buy a tv to play it on....apparently ours are all so old that they have the wrong input jacks. only one input for coaxial cable.

thanks for your help everyone!

-dj

worked out good for you! (i wish i had aunts and uncles that spent that much on us when we were kids lol)

i was going to post in here too that when i was at lord & taylor last night i saw a "double dance mat" game that was setup like DDR, with places for two to play at once and it plugged in through a/v cables, so you wouldn't need anything extra

WOW!!!!!!!!

Their aunt and uncle just bought them the ps2, ddr, mat and all! even an eyetoy, whatever that is....

ok, now i can use the money to buy a tv to play it on....apparently ours are all so old that they have the wrong input jacks. only one input for coaxial cable.

thanks for your help everyone!

-dj

If you dont want to spend the $$ on a TV, thats what the RF adapter is for. You an get them that have multi-jacks as well. So you can keep the cable hooked up at the same time! HTH!

If you dont want to spend the $$ on a TV, thats what the RF adapter is for. You an get them that have multi-jacks as well. So you can keep the cable hooked up at the same time! HTH!

^ What she said... you can pick up an RF adapter for ~ $20. Or, if you have a VCR connected to the current TV, you can wire the PS2 through that.

thanks all,

someone posted on another thread about a 23" tv for a great price at wal-mart, so we picked that up. with some of the "extra" $$ we're not spending, i'm also getting the kids a second mat, since it will probably be fun to do DDR with someone else at the same time.

i really appreciate everyone's advice!

-dj