Stocking Stuffers for Older Children?

scrappynik

I need some ideas for stocking stuffers for a 10 year old boy....it was sooo much easier when he was younger! lol I could stuff the stocking with Matchbox/Hot Wheels and other cheap-y things. Now that he's older, I have no clue...I don't want to buy junk that will just get tossed in the corner. Any ideas would be helpful!!

I usually toss in little odds and ends that go along with the bigger presents. A pack of batteries, new earphones, a video game, any sort of accessories for their games(usb cables and such). If they don't have much of that, I will toss in McCash or movie certificates.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006V2CC2.01-A3NXBLLSBZLQPH._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This looks to be a good one. I used to love doing yo-yo tricks, up through high school (they returned as a fad, everone had them):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006V2CC2 ($10.00)

You can find plenty of others worthwhile... Just make sure they have a ball-bearing.

It's a fun toy that your child can stick in a coat pocket...

My daughter is 12 and I also fill a stocking for my dh. Some of the things I have included are:

1) Magazine subscription notice..then I go out and buy the current issue of the magazine and tie it up with a bow with the subscription notification.

2) Socks

3) Eyeglass repair kits and/or box of pre-moistened cleaners they can keep with them.

4) Razor blades, cologne, after shaves, etc.

5) Candy

6) Gift cards (like $10 or so) to McDonalds, Chick Fil A, etc.

I also like the idea of batteries for their gifts or other small accessories that might go with something. I actually buy most of my stocking stuffers at the Dollar Tree, then supplement with a few things from Walgreens or CVS.

My son is 10. He is getting the cologne he wanted (yes he asks for it!), cd, Yugioh card pack, and GBA games. 2 of them are in his stocking as I bought them on ebay and they didn't have boxes. So into the stocking they go. The other GBA games I bought are new from BF so they will be under the tree. The other items are novelty candy. Oh and I threw in a pair of Tennessee Titan sunglasses (his favorite team).

BATTERIES, enough to last 6 months of electronic toys will easily fill a stocking... j/k we do batteries, electric toothbrush, toothpaste, movie tix, mc d's card, a little candy, fun soap...small, fun and usually practical too...

Got a fleece hat, computer games, chocolate orange, 3 magazine subscriptions, glow sticks from dollar tree, and baseball cards for my 12 year old son's stocking. Boy's stockings are much harder to fill than girl's stockings! I always try to put some of his favorite candy like lindt white chocolate truffles, and I think I will get him some beef jerky- he loves it.

A watch might be a good idea if he doesn't already have one.

Oh and I threw in a pair of Tennessee Titan sunglasses (his favorite team).

Your son has great taste in Football teams! And there is a junior titans club that doesn't cost a lot that will score you some nice stuff too! Check out the Titans website!

June

My son likes to fish so we put in fishing lures, hooks, bobbers, line, etc. We are also going to put in hand warmers, film, small puzzle games, chalk, clay, Wonka Bars, and Lego candy, candy gold, an orange and a toothbrush. I also got a few summer items on clearance. I think I have Toy Story parachte guys, a water ballon launcher and some balloons to make balloon animals. I have more stuff than he has stocking!

the 20 questions game rocks. - We played with one about 2 years ago, when were where in the MTNs on vacation. The kids just picked this out for my father for his birthday on the 11th. I stumped it by thinking of a fishing net.

It guessed a spoon, then a spatula.

However, everything else we have thought of, its gotten it right.

Thanks for all the great ideas!! My son loves to fish but I would have never thought to put those in his stocking but I did pick but some lures and bobbers today! I know I need to get a few more things for his stocking....girls are so easy to shop for compared to boys! lol

I am still trying to hunt down the small 20Q game...can't find it anywhere!

Thanks for all the great ideas!! My son loves to fish but I would have never thought to put those in his stocking but I did pick but some lures and bobbers today! I know I need to get a few more things for his stocking....girls are so easy to shop for compared to boys! lol

I am still trying to hunt down the small 20Q game...can't find it anywhere!

I see those games everywhere, TRU, BB, Sears, KB. I wonder if there has been more of a demand for them in your area.