I haven't seen this before, But who is going away for Christmas???

KellyGus

(My first thread...hehe)

We are going home to Calif for Christmas. We moved to South Carolina 3 years ago and most of my family hasn't seen my husband and kids for 3 years. I personally go home at least once a year for someone having a baby :)

Kelly :holiday08

We always stay home. Our motto is Santa doesn't come when your not at home. However- my youngest is 13 year and we are hoping that Christmas 2007 will be spent in Disneyworld. That's been our dream for years. I think we need to do next year as the Kranks did and skip it. But that's not going over too well here. I have to save up $$$ for that Disney trip.

Jodi

Here's my schedule for the next several weeks:

Monday: regular day, i.e., drive Beorn to school, work my morning hours, pick up Beorn from school, take him to his semi-annual dental appointment, bring him home and have him work on homework while I try to figure out what clothes to pack

Tuesday: The same as Monday except load the van and hit the road for FIL's when we pick Beorn up from school

Wednesday: Catch flight out of Orlando for Newark, NJ at 11:45 AM, which means we need to leave FIL's by 8:00 AM or so

Thursday and Friday: Hang out with MIL or perhaps take bus into New York City (we were going to go to Philadelphia to visit some online friends, but can't figure out a way to go that won't take 5 hours each way or cost a fortune)

Saturday: MIL has a get together planned, but I have no idea how long or at what time. May get to do something other than hang out at MIL's, such as visit with some online friends on LI, but it all depends on timing

Sunday: Get together with an online friend from kevinswatch.com. He's driving to us and is taking us to dinner, so we have told him we are totally free and he is planning our day

Monday: If MIL agrees to a day alone with Beorn, Paul and I will take a trip together to 'do the city' on a budget. Then at 8:00 PM we'll go see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Madison Square Garden. Catch the bus at 11:00 PM back to MIL's to arrive about 1:00 AM.

Tuesday: Sleep in, pack up, and fly out of Newark, NJ for Orlando at 3:15 PM. Will probably have to depart MILs for the airport around noon.

Meet FIL at Orlando airport and begin holiday preparations on Wednesday at his house mid-state.

Most likely head back to Gator Town on New Years Eve. Watch the Gators play in the Outback Bowl on January 2nd, start our regular routine on January 3rd.

We stay home - with 3 young kids, it means a lot to me to be HOME on Christmas morning. All of my family is up in Wisconsin and they get upset that we don't go up there, but they just don't see it the way I do. They are invited here every year, but no one ever shows because they have their own tradition :(

We always have a busy Christmas Eve getting everything ready and cleaned up as hubby's mother, uncle, and grandma come over on Christmas day early afternoon. We just sit around munchin' on different food :giggle: and spend time together.

We are leaving. We moved to Texas in April and are traveling "home" to Missouri. I am looking forward to it.

We have dinners lined up with family and friends. I don't have to cook or clean a THING!!! We are staying in a hotel...hehehehe

If I want to bring something, just pop into the grocery store and pick up a tray or dessert.

We don't go anywhere out of town. We stay at home and my family comes here. Then after they leave, we go to MIL's house for a little while but that's just across town. No way would I want to load up five kids, dogs, and gifts and go anywhere. Talk about a BAD holiday. We don't do trips very well anyway!LOL

With Hubby gone overseas this year, I will take our 3 young girls to have Christmas with Family in San Francisco Bay Area. Most of our family is there, and it will actually be easier on me to go there and let my family enjoy girls. holidays are hard without Daddy, so this will be good. We leave the night of 22nd and come home the night of the 26th so will be in and out, actually looking forward to it.

With hubby overseas, me saving up vacation days for when he gets back and our folks about 900 miles away, the kids and I are going to stay home for the holidays. We're going to do what we did last year; open presents, play with them, go to the Chinese buffet than to the movies. This year I think we'll see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. We did this for the first time last year and I couldn't believe what a relaxing day it was! Completely stress free. No cooking, no cleaning, just enjoying time with the kids. It was wonderful! :trampolin

First a tip for rabx5 that is going to Disneyworld, check out the Disboards for hundreds of tips on planning and budgeting!!!

I will be travelling, in a van with 3 kids and hubby across North Dakota and All of Montana for Xmas. On the way back we will stop and ski a day. Really looking forward to the trip though. My kids are good travelers. We are going to see my father in law because he will be turning 90 in Jan. I lost my dad this year so, it will be a bit hard but I love Montana. We will be travelling on an interstae that is often closed because of wind and snow. I have a list of 40 motels along the way and their # in case we need them.