Want an XBox 360? Start camping now... lol!

EliteABombAZ

Wow, you're not here to make friends, are you? Your first paragraph makes no sense to me, but maybe that's because I'm not willing to camp out for XX hours to "show em I care". Thank GOD my kids don't feel the need to relate gifts to love in my home.

WELL MY FIRST PARAGRAPH RELATES TO BASIC PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN ABOUT THIS AMAZON SELLS SOME GOOD BOOKS ON THIS MATTER I WOULD TAKE A LOOK AT IT, GREAT INFORMATION, I ACTUALLY HAVE ONE HERE, AND YOU FORCED ME TO GET UP AND GET IT AND GET THE REAL TERMS OF THE 5 GROUPS

HERE ARE THE TERMS AND THEIR %

INNOVATORS:2.5%

EARLY ADOPTERS:13.5%

EARLY MAJORITY:34%

LATE MAJORITY:34%

LAGGARDS:16%

HERE ARE WHAT EACH OF THE TERMS MEAN (ACCORDING TO THE BOOK)

INNOVATORS: VENTURESOME,HIGHER EDUCATED, USE MULTIPLE

INFORMATION SOURCES

EARLKY ADOPTERS: LEADERS IN SOCIAL SETTING, SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVG

EDUCATION

EARLY MAJORITY: DELIBERATE, MANY INFORMAL SOCIAL CONTACTS,

LATE MAJORITY: SKEPTICAL, BELOW AVG SOCIAL STATUS

LAGGARDS: FEAR OF DEBT, NEIGHBORS & FRIENDS ARE INFORMATION

SOUCRES

Just talked to my nearest Best Buy! Manager said they wouldn't be getting them for a Sunday release because of how the deliveries work.

I talked to mine and they said they would have them on sale on the 18th ...though that reminds me i need to call again to confirm, for the 4th time, cant be too sure you know?

I WAITED 18 HOURS TO GET MY XBOX IF YOU HAVE KIDS GET A BABYSITTER SINCE THIS GIFT IS PROBABLY BE FOR THEM, SHOW EM YOU CARE, BY SAYING YOU WAITED XX HOURS. NOW STOP CRYING ABOUT YOU HAVING TO WAIT.

LOL I show 'em I care by not buying them an X Box at all. :D In fact, we don't have a single, solitary game system (other than the computer) in our house. :gd_purple Even funnier, we only have ONE TELEVISION! :sidesplit

And yeah, it is by choice. We've given away the old television every time we've bought a new one. :cheesy:

I love my hubby....I really do...just maybe not enough to camp out for a 360 :giggle: He'd love one, but he's one that will wait until the prices come down before he'll buy it. That's what he did with the xbox.

Not saying that there's NOTHING I wouldn't camp out for though LOL...different strokes for different folks though right? :D Good luck to anyone who will be in the running for one though :g_thumbri

I got mine the first day. Heard my NEX store was going to have them from a sign posted on the door the night before. Wasn't really sure if I was going to buy one or not. Asked my wife what she was doing the next morning and she said 'nothing'. So I told her and she said she would get it. Took her to work with me and dropped her off at 7am. She was number 12 in line when the doors opened at 9am. Not bad for a two hour wait.:D:gd_pineap No real hard-core camping here. She said it was done very orderly: step in, you were handed one, you payed, and out the door.

bestbuy may be my best chance to get one the local walmart employees are keeping them for themselves and selling on ebay through friends. Someone I know found one at walmart last week and the employee working in electronics refused to sell it to them at first saying things like " this isn't supposed to be out here" "it's on hold" and a long list of other excuses and finally sold it when they were threatened with calling the store manager

I talked to mine and they said they would have them on sale on the 18th ...though that reminds me i need to call again to confirm, for the 4th time, cant be too sure you know?

Where are you located? What is the phone number to your store? Managers at mine won't give any hints to what is happening!

bestbuy may be my best chance to get one the local walmart employees are keeping them for themselves and selling on ebay through friends. Someone I know found one at walmart last week and the employee working in electronics refused to sell it to them at first saying things like " this isn't supposed to be out here" "it's on hold" and a long list of other excuses and finally sold it when they were threatened with calling the store manager

At my local Walmart where I work not one single employee purchased a Xbox 360.

Seriously though, what time should we get in line if we want one of these? The law firm that I work for has pooled enough money to purchase one for the children's home and we will take turns sitting in the chair to keep our place but how early should we get there?

Seriously though, what time should we get in line if we want one of these? The law firm that I work for has pooled enough money to purchase one for the children's home and we will take turns sitting in the chair to keep our place but how early should we get there?

You guys definitely deserve to get one! I hope that you're able to. That's a great idea! Merry Christmas!

Get in line at 5-8 PM on the 17th... NO JOKE.

Get in line at 5-8 PM on the 17th... NO JOKE.

I was all set to park one of my cars in front of the Best Buy in Springfield VA about 24 hours in advance so that my son and I could take turns in XBOX 360 line but lo and behold, gottadeal.com forums came through again. The link to bensbargains led me to the gamestop's web site where they have a $1000 bundle that is in stock and usually ships in 24 hours. Since only one per customer can be ordered, I got one and so did my son. Mine's going on either ebay or craigslist to defer the cost of the other. :D

I dont see why people are paying $800 for the system on Ebay when they can spend $200 and get that huge bundle from Gamestop.

I totally agree. But without knowing about a site like bensbargains, you could drive yourself crazy by constantly checking the popular web sites to find out when they have systems in stock. I hope people are still paying that much when I get mine. If I get it on Friday, I''l have to sell it by Saturday because the market will be flooded by people auctioning their new Best Buy systems on Sunday.