HomeDepot.com Black Friday SCAM!

magickallight

On Thursday 11/24 I ordered one of HomeDepot.com's Thanksgiving Special Deals... RIDGID 3/8 In. 18 V Cordless Drill Internet/Catalog #163973 Regular price $189 Special price $99.97 with Free Shipping. My total with tax came to $105.97. I got a confirmation email right away and my CC was charged $1.00 (pending). By Tuesday of the following week, when my charge card had still not been charged the full amount - I called Home Depot, I was told they had some kind of code problem and she would run my order through right away. She comes back to the phone and tells me there is a problem with my credit card (which is actually my Paypal debit Card). I knew I had enough money in my account to cover the amount... so I tried to verify from her that she was trying to charge my account the $105.97 she said she was and I needed to call my bank.

When I checked my paypal account I found that she had tried to charge my account $204.96 "3 TIMES"! (trying to charge me the Regualr price NOT the sale price!) Thank goodness I didn't have enough in my account and the charges were denied!

Once again I am on the phone with them. I try to explain what they did and I get put on with a manager who tells me not to worry about it - if they were denied then it's a done deal, "Have a Nice Day"... I say, "Wait a minute, what about my drill?" He says - "Oh, those are no longer available - I meant to send you an email, but it's better I am telling you in person." !!!! Now I am MORE than ANGRY! I tell him that it was THEIR fault that the code was wrong and they WILL give me what I ordered or something comprable. After keeping me on hold for 10 minutes he returns to the phone and says he was wrong - they did have them. I had to give him all my billing and credit info. aGAIN and I kept my Paypal account up to be sure I was charged the Correct amount... I was - this was on the 29th and he said it was coming direct from the manufacturer and I would have it within 1 week. Okay - done deal... NOT!!!!!

This morning, 12/4, I go into Paypal to be sure I have enough to place an order for an item on Amazon and Low and Behold, I have an extra $105.96 in my account!!!! Home Depot has credited my account!!!!!!!!!!! No reason, just a credit.

I call Home Depot, I give them my order number from my confirmation, I ask about the status, after 5 minutes of "checking on it" - I am told the order was canceled becasue the manufacturer is Back Ordered!!!!! I ask for a manager... another 5 minutes of holding - I am told there is NO Manager there! I explain my problem and ask what they intend to do about it - I am told "NOTHING... there is nothing then can do!" I tell her I was something comperable then - and am told that I cam welcome to pick out something else on their site - BUT - I will pay FULL PRICE FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be calling them once and hour EVERY hour today until I get a Manager! I am SO angry and Upset! This was going to be my Hubby's main Christmas Gift and now - NOTHING!!!!

Avoid doing business with HomeDepot.com if you want anything under your tree this year! :g_thumbsd

Thank you for letting me rant. :gd_army:

You don't shop Home Depot because someone had an online problem???? Home Depot did excellent this year on Black Friday. When they ran out of the specials in the store they were price matching comparable items, I know I was there....... They were fully staffed and every manager was in the store for 16 hours. I can assume that some people are running out of places to shop if they won't shop at a place because of someones bad experience. I am sorry to say that I can't get everything I need for my life at the local gas station so I will continue to shop where I can get the best price and service. I have had terrible service at Wal-Mart but yet I continue to go there. Lowe's has terrible customer service, if you can even find anyone to help you, Kmart is a joke as far as customer service goes. I don't think just because someone had a bad experience there is a reason to stop shopping there, you will fast run out of places to shop. Thanks for letting me rant.....

Menards has a Black and Decker 18V cordless for $64.99 AR, plus you get a $25 Menards gift card. It comes with TWO battery packs, charger and carrying case. I think it's a much better deal than what you got at HP. I think it is in-store only. Limit one per customer.

Lowes has this on sale. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=136587-79992-FS1802D and you get another free power tool with purchase. They also have a 3pc 18V combo for $99.97, which includes flashlight, cordless drill, and circular saw. It also qualifies for the extra free power tool. I'm not so sure about the brand name, though.

Hope this makes you feel better about the whole thing!

Menards has a Black and Decker 18V cordless for $64.99 AR, plus you get a $25 Menards gift card. It comes with TWO battery packs, charger and carrying case. I think it's a much better deal than what you got at HP. I think it is in-store only. Limit one per customer.

Lowes has this on sale. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=136587-79992-FS1802D and you get another free power tool with purchase. They also have a 3pc 18V combo for $99.97, which includes flashlight, cordless drill, and circular saw. It also qualifies for the extra free power tool. I'm not so sure about the brand name, though.

Hope this makes you feel better about the whole thing!

You know, this was really nice that you went out of your way to look these deals up for him. It's so heartwarming to read this. I'm glad there are people like you in this world.

You don't shop Home Depot because someone had an online problem???? Home Depot did excellent this year on Black Friday. When they ran out of the specials in the store they were price matching comparable items, I know I was there....... They were fully staffed and every manager was in the store for 16 hours. I can assume that some people are running out of places to shop if they won't shop at a place because of someones bad experience. I am sorry to say that I can't get everything I need for my life at the local gas station so I will continue to shop where I can get the best price and service. I have had terrible service at Wal-Mart but yet I continue to go there. Lowe's has terrible customer service, if you can even find anyone to help you, Kmart is a joke as far as customer service goes. I don't think just because someone had a bad experience there is a reason to stop shopping there, you will fast run out of places to shop. Thanks for letting me rant.....

I don't think the poster was saying that they don't shop at Home Depot because of the other posters issue, but that the crummy online service is another reason that they don't shop at Home Depot.

Home Depot SUCKS!!! I have never, ever, ever once had a good experience! After about 10 bad experiences, I stopped shopping at Home Depot, too. I go an extra 10 miles to get to Lowes. After about 75 visits at Lowes, my only complaint is that the entrance/exit areas are not ideal.

I work hard for the money that I make. I spend it at stores that provide the same level of service that I have to provide in order to make the money I am spending. I have not run out of stores, but have more enjoyable experiences when shopping.

It's people like you that accept terrible service at crappy stores like Walmart and Kmart that make it harder for the rest of us to get good service! If the horrible service at Walmart is unacceptable and you keep shopping there, why should they change anything???

I think having a bad experience at a retailer is every reason not to shop there. 9 out of 10 visits to Walmart have ended in frustration for me vs. 1 out of 10 (if that) visits to Target. I would rather take my business to Target or Starbucks where you pay for the service, but go home happy!

You know, this was really nice that you went out of your way to look these deals up for him. It's so heartwarming to read this. I'm glad there are people like you in this world.

amyj0_99, I completely agree with you. msomnipotent went above and beyond and did her best to turn a negative around into a positive. :hearthrob This is the stuff that sets this site apart from the others. 'Tis the season!!!

Update: I called corporate and spoke to their customer service... she said that they sound like they have a problem with their ONLINE service (ya think!!!) :sleeping: She was very nice and said she would send the information to be looked into - but ONLINE is seperate from them! Anyway - she said they would send me a gift card for my troubles - didn't say how much - and I didn't ask... Well, I'm off to look for a drill (Hubby is SOOOO picky on the brands he likes!) ;)

Thank you all for the posts. :hearthrob

That's the truth!!!! If you park in front of the entrance, it seems your a mile away from the exit!

That's how it is at my Home Depot.

I love love love Lowes, but I can't find a thing to complain about my Home depot either. we have had *nothing* but good experiences at either. We spend abut $5000 a year between the 2 easily. This year it was over 8,000.

Last time I checked my homedepot still had several of them at $99.99. You might try and see if your local home depot has any, or if any stores have any. The one's my HD ran out of were the ryobi. The would not sub the ryobi they did have, because it had a case and two batteries, so I told them "keep the case and extra battery" and I'll buy the rest for $29.97 and they did. What is home depot going to do with a case and battery?

I agree in this fact OP that you were indeed scammed over and that is certainly not nice in how you were treated due to miscommunication or employees that didnt know how to do their job. Im another Home Depot hater and will head to Lowes whenever I can to purchase the same item. I have been screwed over numerous times by Home Depot, much less had to deal with rude and incompetent employees in the store. I do mystery shopping as a hobby and its amazing (at least in my area) to see the difference between Lowes that does hire shoppers and the helpfulness and friendliness in their employees vs. Home Depot who doesnt hire shoppers and see the way they treat customers. Keep on them to get what you rightfully deserve.

I didn't read all of the OP, I find it difficult to read, sorry. But from what I gather, if you were indeed done wrong, I'd write Home Depot and/or call their corporate number. When I say write them, I mean send the letter to corporate, the local store AND the BBB. If they see it is CC'd to the BBB, they will probably act on it a bit faster. ;)

I didn't read all of the OP, I find it difficult to read, sorry. But from what I gather, if you were indeed done wrong, I'd write Home Depot and/or call their corporate number. When I say write them, I mean send the letter to corporate, the local store AND the BBB. If they see it is CC'd to the BBB, they will probably act on it a bit faster. ;)

Sorry I got a bit Long Winded in my OP and it was "difficlt to read"... I was and am a bit upset! :( I HAVE contacted managers, cororate, etc... and got NOWHERE! But, that is fine - I know where NOT to take my business next time! :fedora:

I just wanted to stick up for Home Depot. We've always had wonderful service from them (not from Lowe's mind you)...they have even delivered items to our home for free when it didn't fit in our truck. They're always friendly and more than willing to help, will match prices and even bargain with us. The manager is always willing to help us and is there practically every time we are. He's even called us on occasion to say thanks for shopping with us. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I hope this doesn't deter you from shopping with them. I am an avid Home Depot fan because I feel I've really been taken care of there. If you want horrible service, go to Walmart, Kroger, Lowe's, but not Home Depot.

Well I have a home Depot Story that really upsets me. They have a policy to price match their site. They don't in my local store. Also local store does not give military discounts per the manager. So i called corporate they sent me a gift card for the amount of the stove i want minus the one i bought so i bought the cheaper one and kept the gift card-FREE STOVE! The point is if u call management at corporation they help management at the stores usually can't be bothered!

Customer Service is not where you want to go with HD. Contact your local store and ask for the number to Ben Hill.Iused to work for them(HD) Ben Hill is the complaint hotline.This Dept. takes things seriously.or they did afew years ago.DON'T GIVE UP! when you get the right person heads will roll. High Management will protect its customers!