Do you kids buy for each other?

threelittlecupcakes

Our boys make more things or wrap up one of their own toys for each other LOL - they're 7 & 4. It's so cute. We usually do make sure that each kid gets the other a small gift though. The kids usually shop last minute for us or we just buy and mark it from them. They can't keep secrets :giggle:

We are going to try something new this year. We are going to take each kid separately to the Dollar store (everything is $1). Let them buy for each other & also their dad & I. Can't afford their taste & they are still young enough that they don't understand the true value of $$$!

We are going to try something new this year. We are going to take each kid separately to the Dollar store (everything is $1). Let them buy for each other & also their dad & I. Can't afford their taste & they are still young enough that they don't understand the true value of $$$!

it works great,lol

my cousin loves doing that

My son goes to the $1 store and gets gifts for everyone.

My daughter (15) now pays stuff like sleep pants, socks or small gift sets for grandparents, parents with her own $$$.

They both loved doing the $1 Tree gifts because they could buy so many gifts for a little bit of money.

I am 24 now and I can't remember a birthday or christmas that my brother and I didn't buy for each other. I love buying for him and I know he loves buying for me. We are only a year and a half apart and so we have alot in common too. We both also always buy for our parents for Christmas and birthdays too. I know my mom/dad took us to buy gifts when we were little for each other and the other parent for holidays! I think that when kids buy for siblings it makes them feel special and it also teaches them the idea of buying for others and making others happy when all the child can think about it what they are getting for Christmas!!

My 5 yr old wanted to buy his new baby sister a gift. So he ordered her a book from his book club at school, and I picked up one of those care bears for 5$ at Walmart (even though she won't be doing anything with it for a while). So now I will mark one of the gifts I have bought for him to make it from her.

He had the most fun wrapping it himself. It looks kind of funny, but he is so proud of it.

My grandma takes the girls to the dollar store every year. they have a blast shopping for everyone, including each other.

Same here. Grandma takes DD to the $1 store to get stuff. She does get gifts from bernie and Laci loo(our 2 dogs) as well and she buys for them LOL Usually they get her a leash to walk them with or balls to play with them...We started it when they were all babies/puppies and it just stuck LOL

my kids wanted to get me an xbox last year -- considering it was on both theirs lists I think it was more for them lol.QUOTE]

LOL

My kid's broke my storm door tonight & I heard them whispering over supper that they were going to combine their money & buy me another one! Although mad that they broke it...I was smiling for them thinking of replacing it for me. (Of course they have MAYBE $20 between the three of them!!!)

That's exactly what we're planning on doing. Even our school's "Kid's Holiday Shop" is overpriced!

At my daughter's school, they have a thing called Santa's Workshop where the kids can buy gifts ranging in prices from .25 to 10.00 for anyone they want to buy for.

I really like that idea!!! I may have to bring that up to the school about next year ;) That's a really good way for letting kids do their OWN Christmas shopping in a safe place. I would send money with my kids to school for something like that!

See, here's what I was suggest to the school - let me know if they do something like this....

I would say the last day they're at school before Christmas, let them shop for so long per grade or class. OR let them do it the whole week before that and just tag the gifts with the students name on it. So that way they don't bring it home until they HAVE to. THEN...on that last day, let the kids wrap their presents in their classrooms as an activity (depending on age - our kids are young yet LOL).

Ooooo...I really really like that LOL (can you tell) :blush:

My oldest (in kindergarten) will buy for all of us at the school's Santa Shop. I will probably have to take the other two to the dollar store and let the 4 y/o pick out presents too, and find things for the 2 y/o to give as well. Last year I didn't and my oldest asked if they'd gotten him anything--oops, LOL.

At my daughter's school, they have a thing called Santa's Workshop where the kids can buy gifts ranging in prices from .25 to 10.00 for anyone they want to buy for.

Anyone know where I can get more info on this? I am pres. of our school's PTCO (lucky me *sarcastic*) and I had a parent ask me about doing something like this. Is there a certain company that does this? What are the prices/quality of the items? Does the school make any kind of profit on this? Please PM if you know where I can get more info. TIA:)

I would also like to get the info on the school santa shop, I am the secretary for the PTO and would like to present this so that we can get involved. My son bought me a bear necklace for the shop at our old school and I never took it off after he gave it to me in the 2nd grade, it finally broke last year, after 4 years, and it was made out of pewter so I could not have it fixed by jeweler. I was hurt broken it was my favorite gift of all time. Maybe he could get me a new one this way. :) :gd_purple

Our elem. school has a 'Christmas store' they have a few hundred dollar items and sell to the kids for 25-50 cent over the price as a fund raiser...so every year I get something very cute from the little ones! Plus they normally do the same for each other.

yes we do and i let them earn money to go to the santa shop but man they are way over charging so the each got couple things but then i am talking them to one of the dollar store. i let them buy for there teachers, grandparents,siblings.. great grandparents and so forth about 15 people a piece ..

they learn it is just as easy to give as is to get..

we also get a kid a peice from them given tree at walmart it has foster kids on it and they get to shop for one kid a peice