Dont know if I will go out next BF

lovebears65

I am so disappointed on how Best Buy did their thing this year and gave out more then one ticket per person or people holding spots for 5 people that I do not know if I will go out next year or not. I live for black friday so this is a big deal for me to say this. Waited in the cold for 5.5 hours and left empty handed. Found out the first three people in line got all tickets for 149.00 computers and now those computers are on ebay so even if I had went out at 8pm the people were lined up at 7 or earlier probably wouldnt get one anyway since the cutters came in line anyway and bumped me further back. The computer was not for me but for my mom whose computer just died.:mad:

I am so disappointed on how Best Buy did their thing this year and gave out more then one ticket per person or people holding spots for 5 people that I do not know if I will go out next year or not. I live for black friday so this is a big deal for me to say this. Waited in the cold for 5.5 hours and left empty handed. Found out the first three people in line got all tickets for 149.00 computers and now those computers are on ebay so even if I had went out at 8pm the people were lined up at 7 or earlier probably wouldnt get one anyway since the cutters came in line anyway and bumped me further back. The computer was not for me but for my mom whose computer just died.:mad:

Please contact Best Buy Corporate and let them know what you think of their BF fiasco. I think if more of us would complain maybe , just maybe, it may get through to someone finally!

The people jumping ahead of you thing, is why I wanted to be as close to the front of the line as possible. I was fourth. The first three people were all from the same family and were all there all night long. I made sure I asked what they were there for and if they had any friends joining them, when we first got in line.

Next year, I will do the same thing they did. Bring a tent and get there earlier. I got there at 8:30pm. They got there at 7pm. I will also bring a camp heater for the tent so my feet don't freeze and will show up around 6pm, where ever I decide to shop.

I am sorry that you didn't get to purchase what you wanted. To me it is the fault of the BB employee that allowed those customers to have all of the tickets. You really shouldn't let it go. I think you should voice what happened to their corporate offices. Just like someone else said, if enough people complain they will do something.

I think holding spaces should not be allowed... On a completely different note, I went to see Harry Potter the day after it came out... I bought tickets online days prior. I came to the theater 45 minutes in advance just as the doors were openning. I was glad to see not many people were in-line thinking my friend and I could score some great seats. WRONG! Everyone was saving multiple seats (I mean 5 or 6!) for other people. It was ridiculous. I was practically touching the screen with my nose, but then someone went to complain and security arrived, they made people scoot in, giving the "others" only a few minutes to arrive before making them relinquish their seats. Maybe secuirty should be used to enforce this during BF?

Security should definitely be enforced.

How about this too:

Someone from the store hands out tickets as people arrive with the hour on

them... ie, 11pm, etc. Each hour they go along and you get another ticket

for the current hour... 12am, 1am, 2am, etc...

Then at 5am before they open, they give one voucher max to each person

(each body) in line with all of the tickets and so on and so forth. It would

show who got there first (someone with 11pm through 4am) and it would

show who stayed the entire time... in other words, if you have 11pm, 12am, 4

am and you don't have your 1am, 2am, and 3am tickets then you count as a

4am no matter where you stand in line.

Also, add to that a barrier like this:

http://uscboy.no-ip.org/post/blackfriday-plan.jpg

Obviously that could be varied, just a quick sketch. That way there's no

mob rush at the door at 5am, and with the ticket thing, it would be easy to

tell who was really there first.

If I managed a Best Buy or something like that I would certainly be looking

into things like this for next year.

I don't see how they could hand out more than one ticket to a single person, unless there really weren't many people in line altogether and the entire line was gone through for tickets first I suppose could be the only reason I see for doing that (one of the employees at our store couldn't get rid of all of the gateway laptop tickets and was telling people that he wasn't allowed to go back inside until he was empty-handed).

We were within the first 10 people in the line and made sure to ask everyone what they were there for. Everyone was really nice within the first 15 people of our line and we all chatted it up the entire time and everyone looked out for one another which was really good. We had a guy in front of us going for the eMachines as well, and the guy behind us was there for the laptop, but the guy for the eMachines really wanted 2 so each of his kids could get one, so they talked about having the laptop guy get another eMachines and the eMachines guy was going to get another thing for the laptop guy... I'm not sure if that worked out with them though.

I also think holding spaces shouldn't be allowed.. UNLESS, in our case after the tickets were handed out and we all had been waiting there for 5 hours (the first 10 or 15 of us), we took turns going to the cars to warm up for a few minutes, so the spot would be saved so we could still get in the door ASAP.

We did start to get a rush at the door of last-minuters a little before the doors opened. The first 10 or 15 of us in the line got pretty upset and there was one of the last minuters complaining that we had no right to tell her she needed to go to the end of the line because she didn't have any tickets and we had ours, and that she was only there to buy a CD... for one, who goes to BB at 5AM on BF to buy 1 CD?! and second, we told her she shouldn't be telling that to us, but to the line of people that went around the building who had been waiting for at least an hour as well.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't get your computer after waiting so long. I know that alot of stores really do need to re-think the way they do BF. It's sad when this happens. I agree that holding spots in line is wrong. I don't consider it holding a spot if you already have your ticket and just need to switch out and go to warm up or to the restroom.

Security should definitely be enforced.

How about this too:

Someone from the store hands out tickets as people arrive with the hour on

them... ie, 11pm, etc. Each hour they go along and you get another ticket

for the current hour... 12am, 1am, 2am, etc...

Then at 5am before they open, they give one voucher max to each person

(each body) in line with all of the tickets and so on and so forth. It would

show who got there first (someone with 11pm through 4am) and it would

show who stayed the entire time... in other words, if you have 11pm, 12am, 4

am and you don't have your 1am, 2am, and 3am tickets then you count as a

4am no matter where you stand in line.

Also, add to that a barrier like this:

http://uscboy.no-ip.org/post/blackfriday-plan.jpg

Obviously that could be varied, just a quick sketch. That way there's no

mob rush at the door at 5am, and with the ticket thing, it would be easy to

tell who was really there first.

If I managed a Best Buy or something like that I would certainly be looking

into things like this for next year.

so much could be avoided if they had barriers...good ideas

I don't see how they could hand out more than one ticket to a single person, unless there really weren't many people in line altogether and the entire line was gone through for tickets first I suppose could be the only reason I see for doing that (one of the employees at our store couldn't get rid of all of the gateway laptop tickets and was telling people that he wasn't allowed to go back inside until he was empty-handed).

It doesn't take that long to walk along a line of 400-500 people handing out a

ticket to each if that's the only thing that person is doing. Plus, most of the

handout times (hourly) will be far fewer people. And since it stops at 4am, it

wouldn't even be 400-500 probably at that point... maybe 300ish tops for the

last ticket handout... and frankly, the people who are getting only the 4am

ticket won't get a voucher anyway, it's just a way to prove someone stayed

there the entire time and didn't just get an 11pm ticket and leave and come

back. You have to have them all.

At least I think this system would work out pretty well. Even just the

barriers would help a lot, but the rest of this idea would stop line cutters and

place holders since they won't give you a 2am ticket for somene you're

holding a spot for.