Price match story from Walmart...

hope1976

Ok, so I'm looking through my K-mart ad and I'm not sure if it was a misprint or not, but Rock n Roar Dinosaur (normally 33.97) at Walmart, but K-Mart had it in their ad for their 2 day sale with a picture of it and it said "Sale $5.99" next to it. SO....we went there last night to find out if they would price match it. The ASSISTANT MANAGER was back at layaway and when I went up to ask her, she said "Um, we don't price match" :bs: I said, "Well when I was here on Friday, they price matched a few different things for me" and she said, "Well, yeah, but that was Friday and this is Saturday."

She was really rude. She told me to go up to the front and her girl up there would call K-Mart and find out if it was a misprint (if it was they wouldn't honor it or something). Then behind me was another woman and the asst. manager said to her, "mam, I'm leaving, so if you need something, you'll have to go up front" I was like, "WHAT????" So when we went up front, we were standing there and the asst manager called the CM up there and said, "There's some people trying to get a price match, but do NOT do it because that's too much of a price drop." So the woman didn't do it (not her fault though as she was just doing what she was told).

SO...today we called the store manager :) Told him the whole story and he wasn't surprised because it wasn't the first issue they've had with that asst. manager this weekend!!! She's new. So, the guy said, "Yes, it may be a misprint, but if you have the ad, we WILL price match, so bring it and come back to layaway to have me called back there to do the override."

We went there and had no issues with it :D The manager is a great guy (we've always had good things to say about him) and we walked out with a $35.00 toy for $6.00.

So, if someone high up tells you no, go to the manager or call corporate if you honestly think you are in the right. It makes a difference - after all, Walmart's motto is "Satisfaction Guaranteed", right?

We normally don't complain about things like that, but the woman was just rude which is what pushed us to call the manager.

ONE TIME SEARS HAD A PS2 GAME THAT WENT ON SALE FOR $4.99 BUT WAS REALLY $49.99. I BOUGHT 5 AT SEARS AND WENT TO WALMART TO PRICE MATCH IT. FIRST I ASKED IF THEY PRICE MATCH GAMES, THEY SAID YES SO I ASKED FOR THAT GAME. WHEN I SHOWED THEM THE AD THEY HAD TO CALL A MANAGER. WAITED FOR ABOUT 15 MIN. THEN I SEE A STORE EMPLOYEE TAKING THE REST OF THOSE GAMES OUT OF THE CASE AND ASKED WHY HE WAS DOING THAT. HE TOLD ME THE MANAGER TOLD THEM TO TAKE THEM TO THE BACK.ONE THING I LEFT OUT WAS THAT THE GAME HAD JUST CAME OUT. SO THEN THE CALL COMES DOWN TO THE EMPLOYEE AND THEY SAID I COULD HAVE ONE AT THAT PRICE. TWO MIN. LATER ANOTHER CALL COMES , THEY SAID THEY CALLED SEARS AN THAT IT WAS A MISPRINT AND NOT TO SELL IT. I HAD JUST CLOSED THE TRANSACTION WHEN THE PHONE RANG AND THE CASHIER TOLD THEM THAT I WAS ALREADY RUNG UP. GOT LUCKY:)

I PMed 24 Season 3 Friday from BB at WM for $19.99. WM sells them for $54

You would have thought that I was taking money from the cashier's pocket. She acted as though she didn't want to do the PM.

I also PMed Pepsis for 69 cents from Kmart. The cashier told me that time they don't PM Pepsis. :tongue1: I got em though.. he just didn't know how to do it.

I went to walmart to PM the virgin mobile from radio shack. Keyocera K10 for19.99. My Customer Service person not only was going to price match, but told me to hold on - they had had some of the Nokias that they were matching for 9.99!

She found 2 - just what I needed, and I didn't need an add. I wish I had caught her name to commend her.

She then took my Radio Shack add and did something with the computer so that the next people coming in wouldn't have to have it - it would ring up at 19.99 until 11.00.

I was able to pricematch the Star Wars Battlefront II that was in the Kmart Blackfriday ad for 12.00. The cashier had to have management approve it but it was not a problem. That game just came out two weeks ago and is 50 dollars! I was soooo happy!

i'm glad that all of you that had idiots assisting you stood your grounds, i went to Walmart on Wed to see if they had stuff out and where it was, while i was there i asked if they were PMing and the manager was nearby when i asked a sales clerk and she turned and said "we are overwhelmingly PMing ANY AD you bring in on BF as long as it is not a bundle or a BOGO!" i was like YOU ROCK lady, however i didn't end up PMing as i found all i wanted at Walmart that day :)

I've never had a price matching problem at Walmart. Cashiers have always been happy to do it. If only Target would price match! I know they don't on BF for sure. How can you not price match? I would think it would be very very good for business, customer relations and all.:insane:

Our WM happily pm's and I am so glad they do. I do it almost everyday on everything from soap, shampoo, to groceries.lol They never mind doing it and they even remind me if I forget if something's on sale at another store. I'm glad you got it taken care of, sometimes it's just a case of a new employees or a rude one.

Meijer and Walmart rules when it comes to price matching. This was the first time I went to Meijer (then Walmart afterwards) for my first BF location. In the past it was always BB or CC. Walmart PM the PSP from Meijer. The manager was overall nice about it.....you can't blame them for the somewhat irritated look on them at first since they had sooooo many people packed in the electronics section. At first I asked if I can get just one more and they said fine but then the computer rung up saying limit one. I just went to another Walmart that happens to have the only BB near me and PM there. Overall got 3 PSP's......Just REMEMBER to bring the Store AD's to price match!!!

I was SO proud of my WM this year. They had EVERY SINGLE COMPETITOR'S AD attached by a metal ring onto EVERY SINGLE REGISTER. Most sale items from other stores were already keyed into the computer and when I wanted something PMd all I had to do was say "so and so has that for such and such price" Then the cashier keyed it in and it went right through! No hassle of pulling out my ads, no managers called unless it was something they did not already have in the system ahead of time. Whomever had that bright idea deserves a fat raise! I saw LOTS of happy, impressed shoppers because of this.

~H~

Does everyone realize that Home Depot has always had price matching plus?? If you find a item for a lower price they give you that price plus 10% off and that includes sale prices. It does not even have to be an exact item just a similar item with the same specs.

No I didn't - but that is AWESOME!!!! I don't need anything that they would have though :( Yet anyway lol - still have some men to buy for ;) Thanks for the tip! :yelclap:

I got a wireless router there Sunday they price matched for me plus the 10% off. They will even match online prices they just won't take 10% off. Tools is the big thing they price match, lots of craftman price matching when Sears puts there tools on sale. You just have to ask for it. Any cashier can do it for you, you don't even have to go to the service desk.

I bought a wireless router at walmart on BF and price matched it to the one at CC? for 39.99 (regular 49.99). They had to get a csm to the register to override the transaction. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I had actually picked up the router with speedbooster (regular 74.95) and got it for 39.99. oh, well, their mistake, my benefit.:woot2: