Was it worth it?? Or our we media brainwashed Zombies

pcsoon

After hearing the stories of people being trampled, hit, bit, and threatened with death. IS it worth it to stand out in the cold and sometime danergous lines only to be possiblly disappointed? Or have we just been programmed to to respond to corporate induced media hype and no longer think for ourselves. LOL :)

I think for myself, mainly about my wallet during BF time - do I want to save money or not? Hmm, such a dilemma.

It's not only about saving money though, it's the rush it gives to some people, etc. It is worth it to me (mainly previous BF's) to stand in line and have to rush in the doors, yes. I think the actual HARD injuries are rare, but of course that is all the media focuses on the night of BF. ;)

It was not worth it for me as I got nothing out of the stores which I went to at 6am. The stuff I wanted, I got online instead.

People need to remember that similar deals can be had throughout the year (at least technology deals).

That is so true. Unfortunately people assume that Black Friday always has the best deals? I can personally confirm that is false. Hot Deals are available year around from our main site and some prices are better than BF. I know it's hard to believe but it's true.

Sale + Coupon + Price Match + Rebate + Free Shipping = Super Smokin' Hot GottaDeal :gd_devild

I agree w/ Ross and others, these awesome deals can be found during various times of the year. Some are as good, some better, some not as good. It just depends on what you (general you) think is a good deal.

It's worth my time to research a little and save money. I am a stay at home Mom to three kids, I have a bit of time to look and not as much money as a two working parent household (for example). I am so glad I started couponing, looking for freebies, doing sweepstakes, and just making sure I got the best price on whatever I was buying early in life.. my parents are just now catching on to all of the good things I find on a regular basis.

The media only focuses on BF because the retailers make a huge deal. Now we consumers do as well, BUT the smart deal watchers know that the day after Thanksgiving isn't the only day of the year that gets us excited.. ;)

/rant & rambling over

That is so true. Unfortunately people assume that Black Friday always has the best deals? I can personally confirm that is false. Hot Deals are available year around from our main site and some prices are better than BF. I know it's hard to believe but it's true.

Sale + Coupon + Price Match + Rebate + Free Shipping = Super Smokin' Hot GottaDeal :gd_devild

Oh I remember the smoking deal you guys helped me get on a DVD burner a few months ago :yelclap:

Mara

Guest lolwtfbbq
definately worth it for me. bb had NO incidents customer related, shady service was present as always with BB. infact, i just put the 149 desktop up for sale on craigslist for 525 with extra 256 ram, 120+80 gig hd and dvd burner with monitor. shouldnt last long, and ill have myself a FREE laptop afterwards.

I think next year I'll just hang by the pc and pick up all the on line deals. This yr almost all could be had with out leaving the warmth of our homes. Don't get me wrong I like a good line wait but this year it just got out of hand. :)

It was worth it to me! But I didn't have to wait in line once I got in CC. I got the items I wanted and headed to the next store. I remember seeing a large line when I was leaving CC. I guess that was for the poor souls that had to wait 5+ hours to get their cheapo PCs?

At this point I'm about to say it wasn't worth it for me as I think I'm getting sick. Probably from standing out in the cold at Best Buy. Also because I went back to BB last night to pick up something and noticed everything I got on BF was still in stock! So I could have slept in, stayed warm, and went on Saturday when it was much warmer out. But I still enjoyed the experience, especially since it was my first time shopping on BF in 7 years since the years before I was working retail on BF.

True, you can get as good or better deals year round, if you are patient and keep hunting for the perfect deal. Or you can get everything you want/need for a good price on one day. No having to wait around for a good deal, then wondering if you should go for it or wait and see if there'll be a better one. Just as long as you don't mind the freezing temperatures for 6+ hours.

look at it this way: as one news report countered to the people who say we should end the commercialization of xmas & get back to what really counts, the holiday season is worth more than $400 billion to our economy...if we didnt do what we do, the economy would collapse, so i like to think i'm helping the country by shopping till i drop :banana01: