How many Laptops at your Wal-Mart?

Bobafett73

My walmart in Lehighton, PA had about 20. I was there at 10pm Thanksgiving night to make sure I had a chance to get one. There were a couple cars but we all made a deal to stay in and keep the order we arriveed. It wasnt until 2:30am when we started lining up. 5am mad stampede towards electronics. My dad and I managed to get 2 laptops. No fights that I saw, but the people elbow to elbow about 40 deep to get into electronics. we kept those laptops tight against our chests to keep them...

standing in line at a wal-mart for 7+ hours, hmmm, I can think of better things to do. That is just plain crazy, specially since you could have gotten one thru Dell for $399. To stand in line for 7+ hours to save $20, WOW, my time is worth more then that. I dont know that I would be bragging about standing in line all night, getting home by 6 for bed to save $20, just my opinion.

Actually I didn't mind doing it because it was for my mom who couldn't stand there for 11 hours due to health problems and that is the laptop she wanted. It was worth alot to me to be able to do it for her and I would do it again next year if it's something she really wants.

A co-worker is claiming that the laptop was not listed in the ad as "One Time Offer" and he complained to WM that he is entitled to a raincheck or comparable model. Does anyone know for sure how it was listed? I do not see the scans online anymore (here or elsewhere). I'm pretty sure that it was listed as one time.

...I live in the midwest and there was a fist fight in our WM...it seems a man took umbrage about a woman having a computer and he didn't....thus he got angry and punched her in the face......the cops were called etc....interesting huh!?!!

This is the same story the manager at the supercenter in INDPLS to me, only it happened last year at the store he managed in FL. You had to have ESP and a psyhic with you to FIND the damn tickets. The laptops/desktops where stashed behind the service desk and the tickets where stashed behind the deli. By the time the switch-a-roo was realized, they were all gone. Still upset...:mad:

In Kansas City, MO we had 15 laptops. I was out at 2:00 AM, I guess that was to late. It was my first BF that I actually got out there early. I guess I'll have to be earlier next year. Shoppers had already been waiting since 9:00 PM the night before. Anyway, when I got there I asked where the laptops would be and how many. The only answer I could get was that nobody knew how many there were and that they would be in a place you least expected. But of course no one knew where that was either! They said that it would be announced at exactly 5:00AM. So, I just had to wait in the middle of the aisle and hope I was close to where the laptops were. (They were in sporting goods). I was fairly close, but about 100 other people were closer. I didn't get my laptop.

Walmart and other retailers really need to stop playing cat and mouse games...if I get up at 1:30 a.m. to spend my hard earned money at your store after waiting hours..the least they can do is make clear signs and regular announcements stating everything needed to know to be in the right place for such short and sought after sales. I was lucky enough to get one....and our store did a great job of handing out tickets and making sure the line was orderly and no one stepped in....BUT...I saw on BF someone posted their walmart put the name of each item on the pallets...that is a great idea along with having at least one worker per ISLE to help with confusion and such.

It seems none really want the madness to stop..evenif it means a few get hurt.....the media explosion and free advertisement is worth the hassle for them.

Walmart and other retailers really need to stop playing cat and mouse games...if I get up at 1:30 a.m. to spend my hard earned money at your store after waiting hours..the least they can do is make clear signs and regular announcements stating everything needed to know to be in the right place for such short and sought after sales. I was lucky enough to get one....and our store did a great job of handing out tickets and making sure the line was orderly and no one stepped in....BUT...I saw on BF someone posted their walmart put the name of each item on the pallets...that is a great idea along with having at least one worker per ISLE to help with confusion and such.

It seems none really want the madness to stop..evenif it means a few get hurt.....the media explosion and free advertisement is worth the hassle for them.

I am glad that your W/M was helpful. I agree about these ridiculous games. It was exactly like they wanted to watch their cutomers run around the store and literally fight for the products. I felt like they even made it more likely that some one would get hurt instead of preventing it. I was very upset! I ended up going to TRU and K-mart.

When I saw the media coverage on CNN and other media stations about the fights and people getting stepped on....all I could think was....wow..they couldnt have asked for anything better! No one died...yet just enough pain to be profitable!...I know that sounds mean...but the reality is.....they cannot be so obtuse as to NOT know what will happen...it's not like they dont do this EVERY year.

I want to know HOW a mere CUSTOMER can be smart enough to figure out what needs to be done and those with management degrees getting paychecks cant figure this out.....makes ya wonder...huh.

In Branson West, Missouri we had 22 laptops and in Branson, Missouri on the strip they had 12. There was over 100 people in line. I was 8th. YEAH ME!! But I couldn't help thinking, what a bunch of dummies for waiting in line for 2 hours, when you can clearly see there was only 22 boxes and the Walmart associate was announcing that there were only 22 laptops. As if more laptops would magically appear for the 23rd person and everyone else after! LOL

My walmart had 60 Laptops. Got in line at 1 am ans was number 35th in line. Was able to get 2 of the laptops but think im only keeping one. Had to put them on layaway. Only have till December 15th to get them out of layaway so probably will try and find someone that wants the other one.