CC AOL debacle, CC Charged everyone $23.90 even if you asked for $14.95...

Ziptar

At the CC I was at, When everyone signed up for AOL they were put on the $23.90 Plan automatically, even if you said tyou wanted the $14.95 Plan.

We were told by the CC employees that if they tried to put us on the $14.95 plan it would crash the system, CC employees told us we would have to call AOL and have our service downgraded to the $14.95 Plan. Everyone in line was suspicious, that maybe they figured out they were losing money on the $14.95 Plan and were forcing the $23.90 on us.

Anyone called AOL yet to downgrade their service to $14.95??

Seems like they couldn't get out of doing it, it's started in the Flyer that teh $14.95 plan was acceptable.

at my CC in St. Louis, after the employees FINALLY got their heads out of each others butts, we were allowed to sign up for the 14.95 plan. but I'm never going back to CC again. It was hell. I stood inline at 8:30pm. had to stand in 3 other lines after it opened to get my laptop, because the employees didn't know where to put the people with laptop vouchers

I was able to sign up for the $14.95 plan. The manager rang me out and he said he was unaware the plan even existed until a previous customer told him about it. It said on the screen AOL FOR BROADBAND $14.95 1 year commitement=$250.00 CC gift card.

Oh, the employees in the store I was in knew about alright, as evidenced by the Xerox copies of the AOL plans they were handing out to everyone. They just "Couldn't" or "Wouldn't" sign anyone up for it.

I'l call tomorrow, bet it's a huge pain the ass... If it is I'll change the Debit card used to bill me for AOhelL to the card that's tied to an account that never has any money in it.

at my CC in St. Louis, after the employees FINALLY got their heads out of each others butts, we were allowed to sign up for the 14.95 plan. but I'm never going back to CC again. It was hell. I stood inline at 8:30pm. had to stand in 3 other lines after it opened to get my laptop, because the employees didn't know where to put the people with laptop vouchers

Store opened at 5AM I was in Laptop Line at 5:04 7th in line, voucher in hand.

The whole AOL Process was a Nightmare, First the system Crashed. so we had to wait. Then the system was up and I got setup with AOL, but something got screwed up. After they sent me to the "Done with AOL, Waiting for the Laptop Line." They handed out Blank pieces of paper and we had to fill out our AOL Account Info and give CCard info again so they could "Call it in" and get some verification and barcode from AOL. But they did that with everyone in the "Waiting to get signed up for AOL" line and all of a sudden there were people from the back of the "Waiting to get signed up for AOL" line getting called up first. infront of use in the "Done with AOL, Waiting for the Laptop Line." who had been waiting for ever. People were pissed. Before a riot broke out they put the line back in order and started calling people in turn. I had to wait MORE because they didn't know what CCard I gave them, DUH! first four numbers. Then at some point the other 6 people who had been infront of me, and, had walked off with their laptptops 25-20 minutes previously had to come back and butt in front of me and go back the "Done with AOL, Waiting for the Laptop Line." to get some other bullshit fixed. So I kept getting bumped. If I hadn't apperently already signed up for AOL twice at that point, I would have told them to friggen forget it, and just bill me the $450 full boat on the laptop.

Now after all that I gotta go round and round with AOL more than likely.

Some new light on this subject posted in another thread

The store gets more money from AOL when you sign up for the more expensive plan. That's why he tried to pretend it wouldn't work. Employees like that should be fired.

So it would seem there is some sort of conspiracy amongst CC amangement at the store I was at at least to get more money out of AOL by Lying to and ripping off customers.

At the CC I went to, they supposedly couldn't do the 14.95 plan, because the computer wasn't working for that. I don't paticularly believe that, since a person 2 behind in the line I was in, was able to get the 14.95 plan. Anyways, I called AOL that morning, and it was really easy. After I talked to a billing rep for about 2 minutes, he had my account switched to the 14.95 plan, and true enough when I checked my account a few mins later...it had been switched. So maybe I was lucky in how easily they switched it for me, hopefully no one has much trouble with it.

I posted about the same thing yesterday, I got a couple different stories from an associate and then a manager before they finally agreed to do it even though they still said it wouldn't work and AOL would charge me anyway.

I stood behind the employee and watched him sign me up, it was right on the screen for the right plan.

Shady operation there...