YOU CUTTERS ARE BAD!!! My Best Buy "Black Friday" Experience

Guest general41391

Guest general41391
I left my house at about 11:20 p.m. and arrived at Best Buy at about 11:30 p.m. Next to Best Buy is COMPUSA so my dad waited in line at Best Buy (our main stop because of the eMachine) and I waited in line at COMPUSA, just to take a look around. When my dad got in line at 11:30 p.m. at Best Buy there was at the most 50 people ahead of us. I kept counting and getting all different numbers, but we were sure we were getting one because our location got atleast 25 (and they did end up getting 25-30) and a lot of the people wanted the laptops. So, I got into COMPUSA and got what I needed in about 10 minutes and went back to Best Buy and the line and it was getting longer, but it still was not that bad. I just kept going in and out of COMPUSA and going on the internet and stuff (a lot of my posts from last night were being typed on a 50" Sony computer/tv) and I was having a great time. When about 3:30 a.m. rolled around people started cutting and going all around in the line and I was getting mad. Everytime I looked, the 50 people (or so) in front of us kept bringing their friends. When the store opened there was well over 100 people ahead of us. I finally decided to go and sneakily move up in the line. It worked. For awhile. A lady came up to me from no where and asked what "party" I was with, I said no one and she physicaly grabbed me and pushed me out of line. I had no idea what the Best Buy people were going to do, so I decided to go about 20-30 people back to see my dad. When they starting giving the tickets away all these teenagers and their friends were jumping on top of tables and stuff getting everything. Some people got more than one eMachine and I never even heard them say anything about it. It was very unorginazed. A lot of the people noticed that people were cutting and tried to tell the manager and he said there was nothing he could do. I should have just stayed in line and got the computer. I deserved it more than almost everyone out there. Not only because of the fact that my computer now is horrible, but because I waited in the cold weather for 5.5 hours. The manager started watching the lines at 4:00 a.m. after all the people cutted...what good did that do? Anyways, when we went in, I bought a few DVDs and just left. I then went to Wal-Mart and got the Simpsons season 6 on DVD for $16! After, I went to Rams Horn and got home around 7:00ish...Black Friday was not horrible, because I did everything right. It was the stupid people in front of me screwing up. Oh well...I will still be doing this next year. Just more prepared for what people are like. This was my first year leaving before 3:00 a.m.

Guest general41391
I know it won't do anything, but maybe they will realize the mistakes they made..I am going to call and complain. MAybe I will just call and hang up over and over...lol nah, I'm just going to forget it. sometimes they have good sales in the next two weeks

me and the lady in front of us told 3 people straight up to get out of line, and after talking a bit, they did. nobody cut for the computer vouchers, only to get in the store, i think they would have got killed. also a thing i liked best buy do a few years ago was only letting a few people in 20 at a time starting around 5:30, then 6am the registers opened with people in line. they let all the first people get everything they want, which is how it should be, not a madhouse to scramble for stuffinstead of letting all the people everywhere just come like crazy and get stuff people had been waiting in line however many hours from the day before not able to get.

they need to separate the first 30 people somehow...with line queues or something. It pisses the hell out of my when I wait in the freezing cold for 5.5hours when Bojo Jim just drives up and joins the bulk of people cutting right before the door. God damn just die you piece of *********

At 330, before they give tickets, they need to give out numbers to the first 50 or so people. Then they give tickets to the first 50 people first, and then after everyone is satisfied, they move to the others. At opening, one door serves even numbers and the other odd numbers in numerical order so the first 50 people who had been there for 5-6 hours can actually get credit for doing so. Donuts wouldn't be too bad either :).

While passing out tickets, they need security guys (not some weak geak working in the store) to make sure no one butts for the rest of the time. Take a few people who cut to the back of the line so everyone knows they arent kidding. This would also prevent the giant crowd that surrounds the door, causing a huge pushing frenzy when it opens.

Uh... it sounds like you had your dad hold your spot in line so you could go to a different store, so how are you any different from the other people who held people's spots in line? And then you tried to cut in line on top of that? I don't think you "deserved" the PC any more than anyone else there.

at CC here we didn't have any problems until about 5 minutes before the store opened....a large group of people were standing around the 1st row of cars right infront of the doors, the guys from CC noticed and as the doors opened they had 6 guys from receiving stand in the front and block them from cutting....it helped but a couple still slipped through.

Guest general41391

you just said your dad was waiting in line and you were going in and out of compusa.... so how is it any diffrent than what you were doing? your dad was saving you a spot, maybe they were just saving spots too.

I was in line when we got there. these people came at 4:00am right before they opened and they took more than one eMachine...trust me, it was completely different.

these people saved spots for people that were never there

Guest general41391

Uh... it sounds like you had your dad hold your spot in line so you could go to a different store, so how are you any different from the other people who held people's spots in line? And then you tried to cut in line on top of that? I don't think you "deserved" the PC any more than anyone else there.

I would say for sure I deserved the PC more than 95% of the people. I was there for 5+ hours and a lot of the people just bought the computer and are selling it on eBay for double/triple the price.

I would say for sure I deserved the PC more than 95% of the people. I was there for 5+ hours and a lot of the people just bought the computer and are selling it on eBay for double/triple the price.

You weren't there for 5+ hours, you were in and out of CompUSA while someone held your spot in line. You don't deserve it any more than anyone else who had someone hold their spot in line.

Guest general41391

You weren't there for 5+ hours, you were in and out of CompUSA while someone held your spot in line. You don't deserve it any more than anyone else who had someone hold their spot in line.

I don't mind if someone comes in line and leaves to go somewhere and comes back...that is not what happened. One person saved spots for 20+ people. That is BULLS***! Stop saying things to me. I can careless what you think. COMPUSA is right next door to Best Buy...so big deal. And I did not spend the night in compusa. I was in it for about 10-15 mins

Being in line with someone else and having to leave or wanting to run somewhere quickly for a few minutes is a totally different story than those showing up at 5 minutes before the store opens to stand with friends who had been there all night. Its no different than myself waiting in line at Walmart with my husband and getting up to walk around, get something to eat and/or use the bathroom and coming back, or the OP standing in line with his dad and leaving for a few minutes to run next door to pick up a few things or look around. If people that have 20 friends showing up expect their friends to be able to get 20 of the items they want too, then they need to stay there all night and stand in line like the rest of the people. :gd_twocen

Stop picking on "general41391". There is a MAJOR difference between waiting all night and showing up at the opening time. Were you out there pulling an all nighter? If you didn't, then don't comment on what you don't know.

I wasn't pulling an all nighter... were you at the same store he was at?

Who knows where the other people were coming from? Maybe they were at another store too.

I'd have a little more sympathy for the kid if he didn't admit to cutting in line himself and act like he deserves the computer more than someone else because his computer sucks. This isn't communist Russia here!

Guest general41391

I wasn't pulling an all nighter... were you at the same store he was at?

Who knows where the other people were coming from? Maybe they were at another store too.

I'd have a little more sympathy for the kid if he didn't admit to cutting in line himself and act like he deserves the computer more than someone else because his computer sucks. This isn't communist Russia here!

I can assure you these people were NOT coming from any other stores. A lot of people behind them were getting mad also.

Yes, I did try and get in line, but I feel there is nothing wrong with that after dads are making their kids get eMachines (taking 2 per family) and other things.

50% of the people are selling their computers on eBay for a profit because they are greedy. I actually NEEDED it (or to make you happy: wanted it)

I am sick of this fighting. Get the heck off my back.

Guest general41391

My comment is going to be more off the mark. Mmmmm, Rams Horn! I love their Fish & Chips! Haven't found any restaurant that could come close to theirs.

lol:gd_orange

Guest general41391

...inour BB I was shoved into a set of shelves y a woman who growled "get otta my way!"...when I told her she had hut me....(my hand was bleeding) she replied "you should know enough not to get in MY way!"....what a lovely time

omg...that is horrible.:slapcry:

I agree Best Buy should hand out tickets to the first 100 people or something so when the family members and friends who lazily sat out in their nice, warm cars show up in the front of the line at opening, they are denied access into Best Buy (no ticket, get to the end of the line).

An old lady probably in her 70's showed up in front of me 10 minutes before our store opened. Another girl behind me was cussing excessively about that woman jumping the line. A Best Buy employee happened to notice the old hag try to slip in. I never seen such lies fly out of an old person's mouth. The old people are the crazy ones who think the world owes it to them I guess. The lady did finally move her ass to the back of the line (well I couldn't see the back of the line, she could have slipped back in a couple dozen people back). Anyway I think Best Buy needs a better system besides vouchers.. numbers would go a HUGE way in controlling the cheating going on. I'd estimate about 30 associated friends and family were successful slipping in the front of the line just prior to the store opening.

...inour BB I was shoved into a set of shelves y a woman who growled "get otta my way!"...when I told her she had hut me....(my hand was bleeding) she replied "you should know enough not to get in MY way!"....what a lovely time

I'm sorry that happened to you. During the Furby craze many years ago I was at Wal-Mart and a fat lady shoved me into the car battery rack by automative. My right ankle got skinned, bruised and bled a little. I should have sued. That was totally unnecessary. I got the last Furby at least, but the rest of Black Friday hurt to move around in.