Target gets my vote for best place to shop BF this year

orangedaisy

Target was my first stop. The employees AND customers at SuperT were so friendly and helpful. One lady that I met while waiting in line picked up a few items for me... The kodak cameras seemed to be the hot item at my Target & they had plenty of people in electronics making sure EVERYONE got one and the costumers waiting were very patient as well. It was a very pleasant experience & I definitely plan to be there again next year.

I agree. After being at Best Buy at 4:30 am and waiting in a line that wrapped all the way around the building I did not get the 5 mega pixel camera I wanted. I left Best Buy at 6am with out the camera and headed over to Target to kill time till walgreens opened. I got a better deal on the same camera and it was limit 2 and they had tons of them left. Kudos to Kmart who also had a 5.1 mega pixel camera for under $100 (polaroid) at 9am left!

My experience in target was pleasant also. No shoving, fighting or anything. But things weren't flying off the shelves as i thought they would. Snag some great dvds for dirty cheap.. i think that target was smart because it was ALL over the place that Walmart was selling dirt cheap electronics and that caused massive chaos! Kudos to Target!

We got in line at 5:15. We ran to get to the electronics dept, got the dvd player, case and one of the employees opened up the glass case for everyone to fend for themselves on the gameboy sp's, only that they were not the ones in the ad, just regular ones. We told him it should be a bundle, he got on his walkie talkie, we followed him as he tried to find them, no luck. We found another employee and he also had no clue where they were. Now we are on to the 3rd employee and he has no idea where they are and starts taking first names. Why???? I decide to go to customer service and demand a rain check as they were never put on the shelves in the first place. Well we get into line to check out, only had to wait behind 2 people. I told the lady I want a raincheck as the item is no where to be found. She said the ad stated limited quantities so they wouldn't give a raincheck. I told her I understand that if there was 1 or 2 on the shelf but since there were zero out and three electronics employees had no clue where they even were I should get a raincheck or it is false advertising. She called someone over who radioed back to electronics who told her they found them and asked how many I wanted, I said one, and someone from electronics ran it up to the register. So by the time they found them, those of us first in line to get into the store would have no longer been first in line to get the sp as the store was full of people all wanting the same thing.

Menards took us 2 hrs. 1/2 hr to find everything and 1 1/2 hr in line to checkout. I was sent to one dept to find something only to be sent to a different dept from there and once there they wanted me to go back to the same dept which I originally started at. I said no way - I keep sent to the wrong place. She offered to go get it for me and dh had to carry it as it was heavy for her. Another employee would run and go get anyone whatever they forgot from the ad and bring it back to them in line. Carts were scarce though, as was parking spots.

I thought Target was a little nuts. One woman in the Toy section whipped Ants in the Pants out of an employee's hands while she was trying to stock the shelf. She caught the poor girl in the chin in the process. The electronics department was no better. You couldn't get anywhere and people were screaming at the poor employees for not having what they wanted. The best part about Target is that the gave rainchecks for things they didn't have.

I thought Best Buy should get the most improved award. They had pretty much everything I was looking for, price matched, and the line was only a half hour (which was pretty good considering the amount of people they were pushing through at the time).

Staples was my BF favorite store this year, but target was good also. I didn't get there till 8:00 pm last night and still found most of the dvds/games I wanted. The ones I didn't find they issued rain checks for. I also picked up a couple other items at sale prices that weren't in the ad. :)

I had a not so pleasant experience at Target on BF. I had bought a few things the week before that were on sale Fri-Sat. Took my receipt up to Customer Service only to be told that they don't do price adjustments on 2-day sales. I about fell over and said.. since when and I want to see that in writing. The cs person said they didn't have it in writing. I asked for an 800 number to call and she said Target didn't have one.

I am fuming at this point, so she called the manager over. He told me, if we do price adjusts for this 2 day sale, that's what they'd spend all day doing. I told him I bought the items BEFORE their ad even came out. He did give me an 800 number to call and I will be calling first thing today to complain.

I went thru the store, repurchased the items and then walked back over to the return counter with my old receipt and returned them.

This is why I HATE my local Target .. even the management is rude.

Target was also nice here in North Alabama. They were constantly re-stocking the shelves and were really very nice even when their lines were extremely long.

My "gripe" store for today was Old Navy. I didn't really have anything in particular I was looking for in there but just went in to see if I might find some bargains. I found boys Old Navy logo long sleeve shirts for $10 and long sleeve polo shirts for $10 so I thought I would pick up some for my 12 year old son. They had 2 lines waiting that reached the back of the store. I stood in line for 35 minutes and maybe moved 10 steps forward. I ended up leaving my stuff there because I would have been waiting 2 hours for 4 shirts! The employees didn't even seem to care either! No thumbs up for Old Navy today!:(

I TOTALLY agree about Old Navy. You must have been at the Madison store because the lines were utterly ridiculous. I love the store and did see some good deals, but was not willing to wait 2 hours after fighting the BF mall crowd:tired:

My Target experience was wonderful. It was busy, but no one was freaking out over anything. The sales associates were great, they were asking people if they could help them find something and when something was gone or close to it (Bratz dolls) they scanned it to see if they had more and then they brought them out. They also had A LOT of sales people, at one time I think I had 3 different Target employees helping me out. They seemed to have pleanty of merchandise in stock.

Also, I had bought a LeapFrog Fridge Phonics at Target and then I found it cheaper at Kolhs so I bought it at Kohls and returned the one to Target (no hassles) AND they gave me a price adjustment on the Aquadoodle Mat! They charged me $19.79 orginally, and when I asked at the counter if that was the correct price the lady said, oh no it should be $9.79! Yea TARGET!!!

Michele