Walmart was good to us BF shoppers today!

Mommie2one

Just got back from walmart. I got there by 2am. I didn't need a laptop, but there was a line already of at least 30 deep. Our Walmart got 60 laptops in for the sale. Parking lot pretty slow though. Only one entrance open (this is a 24 hour one that reopened at midnight so we could go in out of the cold!).

Anyway, I get into the store and every BF Blitz toy item was on pallets right in front of the registers. An announcement was made every 1/2 hour telling us shoppers that we could take the BF items from the pallets at any time, but couldn't check out till 5am. No running or stampeding for items. I loved it. I got the mens jeans, sleep pajamas, Wild West Bratz, Coffee Maker, Batteries, GBA games (also price matched a few games for me), Bionicles (price matched too), Portable DVD player, and fly wheels. They were lined up one after another. So convenient and orderly. They even price matched my Walgreens items-Coffee, detergent, and lipstick. Ad wasn't supposed to start at Walgreens till 7am, but they said no problem on PMing now.

It only took me 20 minutes to gather everything and from there I met a lot of other moms. It was a lot of fun. Of course several other items went into my cart since I had a couple of hours to spare! 4:30am I lined up in front of a register (ALL registers were opened) and by 5am sharp I checked out. I got out of there by 5:10am.

This was my first BF and I am so impressed how they handled everything. Wish I had more stores to go to , but the rest I either PM'd at Walmart or bought online yesterday!

My Walmart sucked the big one, Parking lot was full, people were parking in other lots and walking there. There were so many people there that you could not get from item to item. They have about 30 registers, and about 12 were open. The lines went ALL the way to the back of the store...

Kiss my ass walmart:slapcry:

Guest Mom1979

Wal*Mart was good to me too!

I saw at least 3 police people there!

They had MAPS for us this year.

I got in line for the Care Bear, talked to a lady who needed a BLUE one, I jumped in front of her, & got her the bedtime bear, handed it to her. :D

I got Suprize Bear for DD, cannister vac, stick vac, barbie doll dress, & my coffee pot.

That was all I needed.

Now, WalGreens is next..then I might go to Wal*Mart to price match the coffee & Tide :)

Wow. I hope that poor lady is alright. The Walmart I went to (besides the great policies for us early bird shoppers) was relatively dead up until 4:30 or so. I was waiting to be checked out and I was watching the stream of people coming in. Dead from the time I got there (2am) till 4:30am. I took my time, read boxes and wasn't rushed at all. Im so glad I went to that location

The Wal-Mart I went to was open all night. They had card tables setup with the big item purchases (like the laptop, TV's and desktop computer). I got in line for the laptop around 2AM and was the first person in line. They had a store map showing where everything was with the pallets. It was very nice and I was out of the store by 5:05AM. It was the first BF shopping experience I had and it was great. Also, this laptop is very nice for the price! I'm typing on it right now.

I went to our local WalMart at 6:30 this morning and it was dead the rush had came and gone. The main things everybody was wanting (laptops, etc) were gone. The store had more employees than customers there. They still had lots of the Sandisk memory cards, digital cameras, mp3 players, and televisions (not the plasmas). It looked like they hadn't even sold one of the Garth Brooks cd sets. Although I live in a small town for a Walmart after Thanksgiving sale it was pretty dead.

My DD was waiting by the stick vacs and she says that at 5am when the sale started, there was almost a riot over the Garth cds.lol I had thought about getting one for my sister but I told DD not to go near them for fear that she would have gotten hurt. It is funny how WMs in different areas sold out of some things and others had some left. One post on here said that their WM still has Care Bears, LMAO, at our WM, those Care Bears were only a memory at 10 minutes to 5. Someone came straight in the store, ripped them open, and the dust started to fly.

Wel, I take my hat off to Wal-Mart this year. After getting kind of upset about the higher prices on certain items in the more rural parts of the country I still went at 5:45 in the morning. All the laptops gone by then of course but I wasn't going to get one anyway since the price was advertised at 488. But I did get a nice surprise when I noticed all the other items that were advertised at a higher price were actually marked down to meet all the big city stores. TV 99, DVD recorder 68 etc. After I saw that I asked an employee what the price of their laptops were - 387! So that was a nice gesture on their part. I ended up buying more than I thought I would. Typing on the Labtec wireless keyboard right now. It works great, has some nice features and couldn't beat the price. l also got 20" tv with DVD and DVD recorder and lots of kids toys etc etc etc. So a big thank you to Wal-Mart again.

P.S. after 5:30 seems to be the best time, lots of people already cleared out and you can actually push a cart down the isle.