Cutting in Line?

pebbles

This is going to be my first Black Friday adventure, and I'm planning on camping out at Circuit City. I was just curious...do some people get in line, and then say 2 hours before opening..all of their friends/family show up and they allow them to get in line with them? And what do you do if someone in front of you did that?

This is going to be my first Black Friday adventure, and I'm planning on camping out at Circuit City. I was just curious...do some people get in line, and then say 2 hours before opening..all of their friends/family show up and they allow them to get in line with them? And what do you do if someone in front of you did that?

Bring mace or something of the sort in line with you :mischievo

Beat the shit out of whoever cut. :lmao:

I think it all depends on a lot of things. I could handle a few say 3-4 people but not 10-20 or such.

When we have our Military commissary caselot sales (everything is bulk and have very good deals most of the time) my friend and I save each others spots because one of us has to get the kids off to school. The sales start at 10 am and we line up about 5 am or even before (some people camp out even, lol). My husband would take the kids over to her house on his way to work then she got them on the bus at 7:10am then come over. Even at 5 am I usually am #10-15 in line, lol.

Just lots of factors.....

Jenise

It all comes down to how "fair" do you think it is to cut?

Say 2 friends want to go to BB.

1 friend wakes up at midnight goes and stands in line until 430am, I get in line at say 3am and I am # 20 in line, then at 445 the OTHER friend arrives and hops in line with his friend and gets a ticket at the front of the line. If I have #20 in line before his friend arrives and BB says they have 20 desktops I just got bummped down to #21. I have LOST my desktop that I had been in line for HOURS before his friend arrived about 10-15 mins ago. Fair??

Same thing goes for husbands/Wives. You BOTH need to wake up and stand in line (get a babysitter for the kiddos!)

I'm not playing nice on BF. If I'm going to be waiting in line from midnight till 5am, if someone tries to cut in line, I'll either A. Bitch smack them or just B. Just walk right up and get infront of THEM.

Yup. I will be line for over 7 hours so someone will get their ass kicked should they try to cut in front of me. I dont mind confrontations. :clapping:

Guest Deals4Me

If they've ALL been there, and taking turns warming up or something...maybe. I brave it the whole time and I dont need my car to warm up.

I dont take kindly to people cutting. I threaten with mace.

It all comes down to how "fair" do you think it is to cut?

Say 2 friends want to go to BB.

1 friend wakes up at midnight goes and stands in line until 430am, I get in line at say 3am and I am # 20 in line, then at 445 the OTHER friend arrives and hops in line with his friend and gets a ticket at the front of the line. If I have #20 in line before his friend arrives and BB says they have 20 desktops I just got bummped down to #21. I have LOST my desktop that I had been in line for HOURS before his friend arrived about 10-15 mins ago. Fair??

Same thing goes for husbands/Wives. You BOTH need to wake up and stand in line (get a babysitter for the kiddos!)

Last year my dh stood in line while I waited in the warm car. We were no where near the front of the line and then when the line started to move I jumped in with him. Really I don't see the problem with that because whether or not I got in line with him 10 minutes before we got in the store we're going to be buying the same thing. I don't do BB or CC where they have the ticket system or limit of one so we're not doing it to get coveted tickets or to get 2 of something that your only allowed to get 1 per person.

Well, I hope you guys that are saying this dont plan on switching with people to warm up in your cars. i know someone said they didnt mind that, but the rest of you....Because, technically, its the same thing.

Why not as long as BOTH of you are already in line and one goes to car one waits and vice versa? Its a one for one deal? Its not like that "other" person is wasnt there with you from the start?? I can understand if that other person comes later in the morning and gets in line yes that is wrong.

It happened with me last year at walmart at a small college town in mid west. When I came at 4:00 there were 15 people ahead of me and by 5:30 they grew upto 50.... Cops were there and they didnt mind!! Since also the people there had no problems. That was my first BF!!

Why not as long as BOTH of you are already in line and one goes to car one waits and vice versa? Its a one for one deal? Its not like that "other" person is wasnt there with you from the start?? I can understand if that other person comes later in the morning and gets in line yes that is wrong.

Because the people in line are coutning on xxx number in front of them. Not xxx+ all the others in the car getting warm. I dont mind myself, but most of the replies here have been very angry. Just remember, If you hate something, dont you do it to!

Because the people in line are coutning on xxx number in front of them. Not xxx+ all the others in the car getting warm. I dont mind myself, but most of the replies here have been very angry. Just remember, If you hate something, dont you do it to!

No No No.

I am saying there are 5 people ALREADY IN LINE IN FRONT OF YOU...then 3 go to the car to warm up for 30 mins and come BACK IN LINE WHERE THEY WERE BEFORE YOU GOT THERE, the other 2 then go to the car for 30 mins and so on....Those 5 were already there before you got in line so its not like they are cutting?!?!? Now if they have others in the car AFTER you get there and those extras try to cut in front hell no they need to get to the BACK of the line.

I don't mind people coming to stand in line together and then switching to get warm, go potty or get something to eat. I don't like it when you've been there and the next thing you know the person in front of you has their husband, sister, brother, cousin bob, grandma and oh the neighbor down the street come and join them.

I don't mind people coming to stand in line together and then switching to get warm, go potty or get something to eat. I don't like it when you've been there and the next thing you know the person in front of you has their husband, sister, brother, cousin bob, grandma and oh the neighbor down the street come and join them.

My point!

Dont go out to your car to get warm then bring back 40+friends with you! I dont think so. those 39 others can march to the back of the line.