Wal-Mart: prices ringing up wrong & BF PM PR Blitz

venerdinero

This morning's news was leading with two different Wal-Mart stories.

In the first story, two union commissioned university studies apparently claim that shoppers are being charged the wrong price (both high and low) at a rate that exceeds federal guidelines. (Maybe that explains the laptop prices and other circular issues?)

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8E13IVG0.htm?campaign_id=apn_home_down&chan=db

In the second story, Wal-Mart is getting full coverage of it's bid to win back sales. They mention prices being cut, the earlier BF opening (5am) and they are HEAVILY promoting that WM will match it's competitors prices (there goes our secret :)) .

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aspb0su1Sc38&refer=us

Well I have to say I am pretty impressed with my WM this year. I got there at 4 and the associates were very helpful. You could put all the toys in your cart but everything else you could not touch until 5. In electronics everyone had formed really nice lines and were pretty calm. I actually found everything and I was ready to check out by 5:15 luckily I did not need anything from electronics except a memory card and an associate actually checked me out at the self check out to ensure no problems with pricing. Very happy.

Kelliedn,

That price was actually only announced yesterday as an addendum to the ad, as far as I know.

We checked with the store last night to make sure that the price would be honored (since we saw the addendum in another town's paper), and they said that it was across the board.

I picked up the recorder too!

Had a great WalMart experience. Got there at 2am, I was the first in line for the desktop (but not for long) and my sister got in line for the laptop (she was 4th) Fortunately, at 5, they handed everything out in the order in which people came. I was happy! I was out of the store by 5:15.