a shopping tip

denisekraemer

I know that Target and other stores (Kohls, Walmart, etc.) always end up with shopping carts around the Christmas section and toy section piled high with items that shoppers carried around and then changed their mind and put it anywhere in the store. I have often looked through these baskets and have even found some excellent deals. Some times a worker just pushes the basket to the area and then leaves. And don't be shy if you want to go through the basket. At Target, I usually drag it over to Target's price checker and just go through the items one by one. Have fun shopping!:eyepoppin:gd_orange

This happened to us last year.

We were hunting the princess dora magic hair, only thing she had asked for, we searched and searched all day long, well we finally gave up and were in the toy aisle for something else well I just happened to look out of the aisle into the main walk way and there was a cart full of stuff (you could tell it wasnt anybodys by the way things were thrown in it) all the way at the bottom of this buried cart I saw the word HAIR, I flew over to it sure enough there it was. The box was mangled up a bit but we got it!:banana01:

I was at Target last year the first morning their 90%off after Christmas sale started. I saw one of their stocking carts, you know, the big metal flatbed? Well, it had tons of the dished I wanted, so I started going thru them. After I got about 4 boxes in my cart, this lady comes flying around the corner, shreiking "That's my STUFF! Leave it alone!"

I muttered "sorry", kinda sarcasticly. All the other ladies there were very nice to me, telling me anyone would have made that mistake. One lady (my hereo!) even yelled at the cart owner "Hey, if it's your stuff, then stay with your cart!"

It was pretty funny...but if it happens this year, I'm keepin' what I get!:giggle:

Guest Deals4Me

I say any un-manned cart is fair game! I've had people snoop my cart while I was right there with my hands on it!!

thats not right..Its not fair game unless its been un maned for awhile.... You wouldnt like it if someone did it to you!:flame:

I know this is a little off topic, but last year at TRU, my son really wanted one toy in particular and of course, they didn't have it anywhere. I bought some other things and as I was checking out, I noticed the toy sitting under the checker's register. I knew she was probably holding it for someone, but I decided to ask anyway. Guess what, it wasn't anyone's. Someone had changed their mind and she hadn't had time to put it back out on the floor. Just goes to show that it never hurts to ask!

Guest Deals4Me
My advice would to be to stalk the cart. On BF, its fair game. If you're a moron to leave it,then you DESERVE to have it taken. But I meant its not fair to walk up and take something out ofa cart just because it was sitting there.