Games and movies being purchsed now at BF prices right now..not online

sgolick

I am beyond pissed at Walmart. They say one thing then do another. I was told if you were in the store you were fine, then lo and behold they kicked us all out about 6:15 so they could "set". Except their setting did not include ANY of the stuff I was there for. I spent over 30 minutes trying to figure out where/when the sheet sets would be brought out then I spent the remainder of my time waiting in front of bluray/dvd bins. The ONLY one marked 8.96 was half empty but still shrink wrapped and needless to say they couldn't advise when they "might" bring the other one out.

THEN just to further irritate me they put the single dvd's that are supposed to be .96 on the floor and scanned through price checker but apparently they couldn't sell it for me. Needless to say the security thought it was funny because the 24hour store is a disaster and in his eyes being slightly better than something horrible is fabulous. They then made me walk back out the other exit since none of the geniuses standing along the route could have told me I couldn't exit at the door nearest my car.

My husband went to WalMart this evening and was looking for Brave. He did not find it with the rest of the DVDs. When he was checking out he spotted them in a separate area that was roped off. It was in one of those spaces that some WalMarts have in the very front of their stores along with the vision center, etc. He checked out, grabbed an ad, took his stuff to the car and came back in to buy Brave at the sale price.

He also saw two women about to get into a fight because (possibly) one of them bumped the other. One of them wanted to take it outside.... I guess they got it under control.

My hubby, sister, brother-in-law, and cousin all got to WM at about 7pm, and were surprised that we got a parking space easily. We went inside and while there were signs all over the place saying Sale Starts at 8pm, the stuff was not covered. I saw a manager and asked her if we could take what we wanted and then wait for 8 to check out, or if we had to wait until 8 to take anything. She said they were supposed to wait until 8 to take things, but they had basically decided to let everyone load up their carts, then checkout at 8. We made our way to the video games/movies where we got everthing on our list, plus a few extras with no problems what so ever. Then we went and looked at toys where we got two of the Cookie dogs for $15, I got a $29 bike for my niece, and we got some misc. odds and ends. Honestly, there was only one person who even stood out as being rude. Every one else was either neutral or downright friendly, including a lady who practically dove into the bins of towels to get me 3 packs of washcloths. I've never had such a good experience on Black Friday before, and learned that, at least in my relatively small town, when left to our own devices, everyone is pretty great... however, when the stores set things up to pit people against each other (gather around and first to grab it gets it, regardless) things aren't nearly so great! All of us were checked out and back in the car by 8:30!

All of the DVDs pallets were shrink-wrapped, some you couldn't tell what was inside. There were people standing around every pallet. I think they might have opened one of them before 8 but I didn't have my watch with me. Anyway, noone could find Brave, Spiderman or Heroes Season 4 on Blu ray. I heard several employees saying those couldn't be found. I did not try our other Walmart. I was standing at the pallet with the Big Bang Theory Season packs, those flew off the shelf. Plenty of Supernatural were left I was happy to get out of there with A-Team blu ray for $7.96, BattleShip DVD for $8.96, Wrath of the Titans $4.96 and Journey 2 Mysterious Island for $4.96. I bravely wandered around the store looking for the $5 CDs and never found them. I wanted the Rod Stewart Christmas CD. I did firnd the $6 Men's sleep pants and grabbed 1. The clothing main ailses with their sale stuff was packed. I checked out at the self checkout aisle. I'm glad they had extra employees around specifically for those aisles as some games or movies required supervisor passwords to check if you're 18. I've got to say I was hoping to come back home and find their sale available online but no, pretty disappointed that Walmart didn't do that. I am thankful that Best Buy and Target had their sale available online. We had about 10 tents at our Best Buy store when I passed it around 6pm last night.

Just got home from a very quiet dead Wal-Mart. Parking lot had less cars than a weekday. Only line in the store was for the 50" TV which is what I went for. GONE!! They were gone by 3 AM when the tickets were handed out. All eleven (11) of them. Why? If that is such a good deal why only 11? Everwhere else in the store the sales associates were bored out of there mind standing gaurd waiting until 5 AM. Talk with some of them just so they would have a chance of pace. A couple of them said they wanted to lie down on the pallet of bird seed.

I was also amazed at how many items were leftovers from previously sales. A whole pallet of LG Blueray players, 24" TVs, printers, etc.. Heard a couple of them say, we just located these. These items were suppose to be out earlier.

Walmart is a disaster every BF. Last year, people ripped into the shrink wrap for games and DVDs before 8pm. This year, they had big boxes instead of - - slight improvement. But before 8, people ripped into the box with the pillows. A pillow fight broke out, people hitting other people with pillows. All for $4.88 pillows!

Someone needs to organize how to check out on BF. People were just standing in the front of the store with their carts. There were so many lines formed, you couldn't tell who was next or which line to get in. Target, at least, is usually organized with their checkout process.

Our Walmart did lines for nearly everything. It's the first time I seen them do this method. Some things like the rubbermaid dishes and picture frames were open to grab. But things like some of the toys, video games, movies, ect were all roped off and you had to line up. 5 people allowed in to look at a time. At first it seemed annoying, but in all honesty it really kept order. People didn't linger too long because they wanted to go get in the next line.

Here's a tip I learned Thurs. night. Unless you want something that you have to stand in line for (tv, laptop, etc), wait around customer service. Carts of EVERYTHING were being brought up Thurs. night. Nabi tablets, games, dvds, housewares, you name it.... all you had to do was wait around and shop from the return carts lol. I was amazed at the amount of stuff there.

My husband wanted the Xcom game for the PS3. I have been to the Walmart before on Black Friday and it is a madhouse and knew they only have a few of the items advertised. Thursday morning it was on the website for $25 and I ordered it and received an e-mail thanking me for my purchase. A couple hours later I was told I could pick it up at the store. I knew I would be going to Walmart on Friday morning anyway so I decided to pick it up then. I get home from Thanksgiving dinner and had an e-mail that my order was cancelled. I went online and no reason was given why it was cancelled. I called 1-800-WALMART and they said the store had cancelled my order. They called the store and asked for the manager and it took forever. The manager finally came to the phone and said they were too busy now to check it out. She called back later that night and said they received a call from the corporate office and was told to cancel all online orders for Thursday. She said there was nothing they could do. I get an e-mail Friday saying my order had expired because I failed to pick it up. However, my order was cancelled so there was nothing to pick up. We did go to the store around 7 am Friday and no one was in there and I was fortunate to find one left of the game I tried to order online. I was amazed how much stuff they still had left. I sent an e-mail to Walmart.com but go no response yet.