Walmart.com Black Friday Sale [Sale Started]

Brad

If I had to guess (and this is just a guess), they will do this lackluster online-only BF sale tomorrow and then put the actual BF ad items online either during the day tomorrow or tomorrow night at midnight PST like they do every other year.

Basically, if you really want something, you have to camp on their site for the next day or so; I've done it before.

this "online-only BF sale" looks like nothing more than a re-branded online-only thanksgiving day sale that they've had for the past 5+ years. it has absolutely nothing to do with the actual BF ad or the "real" BF sale.

so i still think we'll see the actual ad items online, but it might not be tonight.

Guess that Walmart doesnt care what their competitors are doing because they rather have the folks in the store....sigh hopefully they do put the items I want up because I really dont want to be in a store at 7pm tomorrow night over a leap pad and a few video games and movies.

i am NOT braving the horde at wal-mart for a $9.44 coffeemaker and an external hard drive. nope, not happening. if it's not available online, i don't need it.

Guess that Walmart doesnt care what their competitors are doing because they rather have the folks in the store....sigh hopefully they do put the items I want up because I really dont want to be in a store at 7pm tomorrow night over a leap pad and a few video games and movies.

You're absolutely right, no they don't care because they are Wal-Mart. That's always been their attitude and always will be until, ultimately, they will fall. Like everything does through history.

I doubt much comes of the strike they have threatened before but we shall see what gets me is that this is getting national coverage yet both Sears and Kmart have been opened on Thanksgiving Day with sales for the last 3 years I think. They were the originators of early black friday openings but I guess Walmart is a bigger target to set your sites on.