Walmart.com Black Friday Sale [Sale Started]

Brad

I kept trying to check out last night too! IE kept giving me an error message when I clicked on my cart. So I tried google chrome, which let me get further but still not complete the order. So out of desperation I tried on my iPod touch and it went through no problem. What the heck!!

I tried through the link and it wouldn't get past updating.. Then I tried without using the link and it still wouldn't work. Finally I opened firefox and checked out easily (I normally use chrome)

Funny. I couldn't get through with Firefox but could with Explorer.

I'm so dang upset with the walmart website. I've tried for 2 hours to checkout. I've tried all 3 browsers and had no luck. I knew I shouldn't have checked the website, because I found the one thing I couldn't resist buying for my grandson and now this crap happens. Never again, walmart has lost my business!

Type in 'Walmart mobile' in google search

and just go through the site that way and it will let you check out.

I'm so dang upset with the walmart website. I've tried for 2 hours to checkout. I've tried all 3 browsers and had no luck. I knew I shouldn't have checked the website, because I found the one thing I couldn't resist buying for my grandson and now this crap happens. Never again, walmart has lost my business!

try amazon or google/bing search for a similar price? WM website is pointless on BF

Why do they make it to where you can't have some items shipped to your house and are only in store pick up? That prevented me from buying two games from them. I went ahead and got them from Amazon for the same price. I don't get it. There loss.

Also, i haven't been paying to much attention to the news. Did any of the employees strike anywhere?

try amazon or google/bing search for a similar price? WM website is pointless on BF

I missed the deal on Amazon, so when I found it on Walmarts website (for the same price, but with extra's) I jumped on it.

I know WM is useless on BF...lol, but I couldn't resist trying! I just went to my local store and found something for my grandson for Christmas.

YOu can't live on 10.00 an hour. My daughter is a single mother and barely makes it on 13.00 an hour . If it wasn't for government programs, she couldn't buy formula. Even unemployment pays better than that.j My husband gets 550 a week unemployment and that is tough for us. There is no way I could make it. We are low income considered anyway and he makes 31.00 an hour. We still qualify for the energy assistance programs and are considered almost poverty level.

Some of the employees did strike.I was watching the news listening to a lady complain $10.11 a hour wasnt enough.REALLY???? She should just be damn lucy she has a job. If you want better pay get a better job.These striking ppl fricking crack me up.

Just my 2 cents, but, I think it also depends on where you live as to if you could make it on that much an hour. Peppy - If your husband made that working full-time where we live, you don't get anything but the label "middle class". That's way above the poverty level here in southern VA.

I absolutely agree. My northern area is vastly different from the St Clair Shores area of Southern Michigan!

Poverty level at $31 an hour?! Gag.

Some of the employees did strike.I was watching the news listening to a lady complain $10.11 a hour wasnt enough.REALLY???? She should just be damn lucy she has a job. If you want better pay get a better job.These striking ppl fricking crack me up.

I don't believe it's the wage they so much are complaining about, It is the lack of other benefits they have to pay for out of pocket and can not afford, Most and I say most employees are only part time, you can work either 32 or 35 hours and are considered to be part time. Walmart employees very few full time employees. On a salary of 10.00 and hour for 32 hours is not bad till you have to add getting your own health insurance, pay your rent, buy food. That is why a lot of employees are still on state aid.

It's that way here in Illinois. My neighbor works 39 1/2 hours and when they were short handed they needed her to work but she would have been fired if she'd stayed. As for the place you live determining the poverty level, I agree. In Alaska the normal rent is 1000 a month, here it's 350. Our mortgage is only 250. Most people here in central illinois work in factories and make 12.00 -15.00 an hour like my daughter. She struggles. Even making 31.00 an hour, we qualified for energy assistance and they will pay our electric and gas for the next 2 months. During the winter my husband is off some, not always, but this winter he has been off more than usual. We do real well when he is working and put a lot of money in the bank and our benefits are all paid on top of wages, but that is still considered lower middle class, upper poverty level according to the guidelines. We own our own home and our 3 vehicles are paid for, I'm not complaining at all, but just saying that's how it is.

My husband wanted the Xcom game for the PS3. I have been to the Walmart before on Black Friday and it is a madhouse and knew they only have a few of the items advertised. Thursday morning it was on the website for $25 and I ordered it and received an e-mail thanking me for my purchase. A couple hours later I was told I could pick it up at the store. I knew I would be going to Walmart on Friday morning anyway so I decided to pick it up then. I get home from Thanksgiving dinner and had an e-mail that my order was cancelled. I went online and no reason was given why it was cancelled. I called 1-800-WALMART and they said the store had cancelled my order. They called the store and asked for the manager and it took forever. The manager finally came to the phone and said they were too busy now to check it out. She called back later that night and said they received a call from the corporate office and was told to cancel all online orders for Thursday. She said there was nothing they could do. I get an e-mail Friday saying my order had expired because I failed to pick it up. However, my order was cancelled so there was nothing to pick up. We did go to the store around 7 am Friday and no one was in there and I was fortunate to find one left of the game I tried to order online. I was amazed how much stuff they still had left. I sent an e-mail to Walmart.com but go no response yet.

<-- Works with children every day in school, gets 30 hrs a week, no benefits and is paid $8.36....tell me again that Walmart workers deserve more? Wouldnt you think the people you entrust with your children should trump what anyone who can stand up right and put a can on a shelf get paid? But this is WAY ot at this point

Our Walmart used the balloons as well and that was fantastic in locating stuff. My only complaint was we somehow "lucked" into the line that was assigned in the frozen food section. I swear it would have been warmer standing outside for 5 hours VS sitting in that aisle LOL

At the 2nd (or maybe 3rd it blends together) walmart we went to I not only encountered a friendly worker but it was the so friendly cant escape them worker...I asked where the hardware action alley was and after a 10 minute spiel about how silly she thinks it is for them to use terms like that for those of us that dont work there I was directed to the right area LOL