Out there to look for....Needlecrafting kits???

momee2twins

Again, something I've never shopped for on BF, but thought, hey, why not?

Just started doing counted cross stitch. Didn't see any in JoAnns or Michaels. Of course, hard to concentrate with two 9 year olds and a 6 year old trying to use a dry erase marker on the screen to circle their favorite things. So anyway, has anybody ever seen those kits on sale? Or am I better off printing a half dozed hobby lobby coupons and enlisting the family to go and buy them before BF?

Good question. Been years since I shopped for the cross-stitching kits (but I do miss sitting there with my hoop and watching the picture appear as I worked)... I do think they go on sale occasionally but you might be better off using those X% off one item coupons that often appear in Michael's and JoAnn ads to get the best deal on them. Just my $0.02. :)

Yup, didnt see any on BF. The weekly coupons are just as good for you. Keep an eye out for floss that goes on sale every once in a while and stock up. Using a 40% off coupon for one thing of floss at a time just doesn't add up quickly enough ;-)

:yup: For sure! One skein of floss doesn't last very long at all! I have boxes of the stuff in a full rainbow of colors! LOL

On the Michael's Black Friday Ad there's a coupon for 30% off your entire purchase from 4pm-11pm on Thursday. My husband and I went last year on Thursday and it wasn't too crowded.

I agree. If you're looking to stock up, I think your best bet is a "% of your total order" type of sale. If you're just looking for one or two kits, then the 40% off coupon is the way to go. Or you could wait until Cyber Monday and see if there are any online deals from Herrschners or some place like that.

I have been an avid stitcher for almost 30 years. Unfortunately, most stores have discontinued or greatly reduced their offerings in the past year in favor of knitting or scrapbooking. My recommendation would be to find an LNS in your area (Local Needlework Shop). You can find a list at Hoffman's: http://www.hoffmandis.com/index.cfm?page=shops. There is a message board I have belonged to for over 12 years at 123 Stitch - the ladies there can help you out as well with finding supplies.