What do you think are the top overall items in the ads this year?

Brad

This is not necessarily what you are looking to buy, just what the top overall deals are this year.

I get asked this in a lot of media interviews and I want to see what the GottaDeal community thinks is the best, so help me out :)

Hey Brad, here is my list and my reasons...

Nabi 2 $129 at Walmart...seems to be the "IT" kids tablet this year completely knocking leap frog, kurio, etc out of the park...

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 179 PLUS $20 gc Best Buy....I think in general these will be popular because they are all over the ads. That will drive the demand, people will think they need one!

Skylanders Giants 38.96 Walmart...new game...I have an 8 year boy...need I say more?

40" TV 198.00 Walmart......people are going to flock to this because it is "guaranteed"...they are going to be fights, this is a disaster waiting to happen...

50" tv 349.00 Target...that is a lot of tv for not a lot of buck....great for people that can't normally afford a large tv because of the price, but I say be weary of the brand....research, research, research

Wii 99 Sears....great deal for a gaming system under $100..comes with two games, they can also pair it with a $10 game from Walmart, and call it good! OR

Wii 119 Target....same system but includes a fun dance game and then you don't have to hit two different stores....

Kindle Fire 159/plus $30 gc BB....a nice e-reader for around $150 bucks PLUS the gift card which means the purchaser can use the gc towards another gift...

AND finally, I LOVE that the stores are opening on Thursday evening. Getting up at 2am just doesn't work well for me. We do Thanksgiving lunch, so we can eat and then go out ready to shop. I understand that people are upset about stores being open on Thanksgiving BUT this is retail. Wal-Mart has been open 24/hours for a while now and when somebody applies there, they know that is a possibility. Right after college, I worked for Southwest Airlines, we had to work holidays. I knew that when I applied and I don't recall people feeling sorry for me. I smartened up, became an educator and have better holiday hours!

When I look at the ads I look at the ages of who I have to buy, do I want to buy one present or several for the person I am buying for.

Gordmans caught my eye for little things,

Hanging jewelry organizer 6.99, angel jeans 12.99,sweaters 8.99 yoga pants 4.99, awesome gifts for the teen girls in the family

JC penney has an awesome price on boots 25.00 & 15.00

Walmart Bluray 38.00, laptop 179.00,wireless mouse 8.00,Wii and xbox games 25.00,10.00 & 15.00,movies starting @1.96 and box sets for 9.96, Remote control car for 10.00, baby alive 15.00, fleese pants 6.00, slippers 6.00, griddle 9.44, HP printer 39.00, inflatables 15.00,

Thursday morning k-mart 97.00 tv tablets 39.99,

Best buy wall mount for tv 29.99, xbox and wii games 24.99, memory cards 8g 6.99, thats some of what i am looking for can change who knows but these things caught my eye

forgot Petsmart reptile care reg 179.99 Friday 89.99

Bonton ( younkers) willow tree items for my Nativity set % off

Edited by Illinoismom

The .96 Galaxy S3 at SAMs. That's going to save us $360 (400 - 40 for a membership) if we can score two. I'm curious how they'll handle activation; it's not like the process is ever quick. But it's worth the try given the savings. We want to stay with Verizon, so this deal looks like our only option so far.

We're actively looking at new phones and are out of contract, so it's perfect timing. Two years ago my phone was ruined during a rainy wait outside a TRU on Black Friday, so now well always be ready for our upgrades around this shopping holiday :).

Hey Brad, here is my list and my reasons...

40" TV 198.00 Walmart......people are going to flock to this because it is "guaranteed"...they are going to be fights, this is a disaster waiting to happen...

The 40' inch TV is not part of the gurantee is it? I thought it was the 32inch for $147?

The 60" TV at Wal Mart and some of the other TVs seem to be the best deals in my opinion, but unfortunately I don't need a TV right now. There are low prices on laptops, which I am shopping for, but I'm disappointed at the specs on them so not very good deals even though the prices are good. I am also impressed with the $60 video games on sale at Best Buy for $35 and hope to snag some of those. All in all, I don't think the deals are as good as I would expect this year and don't seem as good as in the past. I wish more stores gave away free stuff or free stuff with purchase.