RiteAid Ad Question

shoptillidrop2

When the RiteAid ad says you pay so much, get back so much in up rewards does that mean in the long run that you only pay the part after uprewards? For example the Planters peanuts say you pay $5.99 get $3.00 back in up rewards. Does that mean it's like paying $2.99 after you spend your up rewards on a future purchase or is the $5.99 even after using your up rewards in the future. Sorry if this is a confusing question.

When the RiteAid ad says you pay so much, get back so much in up rewards does that mean in the long run that you only pay the part after uprewards? For example the Planters peanuts say you pay $5.99 get $3.00 back in up rewards. Does that mean it's like paying $2.99 after you spend your up rewards on a future purchase or is the $5.99 even after using your up rewards in the future. Sorry if this is a confusing question.

Right. You pay your $5.99, get $3 back, then you can use it on something else in a future purchase. So, $2.99 after you spend your $3.

Keep in mind:

1. You will need a Rite Aid card to take advantage of the deals. If you don't already have one you might want to get one now, before the madness begins. This applies to Walgreens and CVS too.

2. The UP rewards you earn are usually good for about 2 weeks, starting at 6am the day after you earn them. You will not be able to spend them right away. You will have to come back another day. You cannot roll them into another deal on the same trip, but you can roll them into other deals when you come back. This is a pretty recent change so I wanted to put this out there for those who haven't been to. Rite Aid in a while.

3. UP rewards used to print on your receipt. Now they are automatically sent to your card and automatically come off your next qualifying purchase. If this works for you, great, you're good to go. If you would rather have the Ups print out on your receipt you can opt out of the send to card option. You might be able to do it by accessing your accouont online, or the cashier can do it at the register BEFORE ringing up your purchase. Once again, please set this up before the big sales begin.

Happy Shopping!

Question: These UP rewards that you get back, are they like store credit that would be good on anything or more specifically, prescriptions? Normally I do not shop at Rite-Aid (except when my family is picking up a prescription) but on Black Friday they're having a nice deal on 2-liter bottles of Coke products and possibly a few other things and I'm just wondering if you could use these UP rewards on prescriptions?