Did the Walmart BF Ad excite or disappoint??

jerseygurl

Now that we have seen the ad, did it excite you or disappoint you?? I am kinda disappointed this year. IMO there just doesnt seem to be a WOW Factor, something that would make me want to fight the crowds and stand in line for hours. Maybe I am missing something...please tell me what you think. :secret:

I love BF but something seems to be missing this year, is it me?

Im interested in a tv and ipad. Those are both great deals! The trampoline is also a good deal. I think mine was $180 last yr and it looks like the same one. A lot of the little things would be nice like small appliances and pillows, but those are usually chaos areas and i dont end up with any of those items. I think the ad is pretty similar to last year. Im sure you will find something!! Happy shopping!

Now that we have seen the ad, did it excite you or disappoint you?? I am kinda disappointed this year. IMO there just doesnt seem to be a WOW Factor, something that would make me want to fight the crowds and stand in line for hours. Maybe I am missing something...please tell me what you think. :secret:

I love BF but something seems to be missing this year, is it me?

There was only only one thing that really excited me and it is the reason that I will go for the 8 p.m. sale: the Nabi 2. This is the main thing on my daughter's list and we were not going to be able to get it at 200.00. I am glad that the price is now 129.00 so that I can get that for her.

I would say confused!! The ad seemed unorganized to me as far as what was on sale at what time. I had DD and a friend looking at the ad last night and as they were making list we had to keep figuring out what time each item would be on sale. Kmart and Sears are just as bad.

I want to buy some of the video games and movies but since I work for Walmart during the sale hours they are usually gone when I can get off the clock. No biggie. I have plenty already. Looks like I will be working 6pm-3am Thanksgiving day. Gives me time to go home, take a nap and go shopping at other stores. I like the new hours because my family eats early on Thanksgiving.

I would say confused!! The ad seemed unorganized to me as far as what was on sale at what time. I had DD and a friend looking at the ad last night and as they were making list we had to keep figuring out what time each item would be on sale. Kmart and Sears are just as bad.

At the top of each page it has in fairly big print what time the items on that page are available.

I want to buy some of the video games and movies but since I work for Walmart during the sale hours they are usually gone when I can get off the clock. No biggie. I have plenty already. Looks like I will be working 6pm-3am Thanksgiving day. Gives me time to go home, take a nap and go shopping at other stores. I like the new hours because my family eats early on Thanksgiving.

Im glad to hear that you work for walmart & your happy with the start time.:) It's nice to know that some employees are ok with it. I'm going whatever time they start because I can eat everyday & I see my family all the time so Thanksgiving is not really a big deal for me. Walmart will be my main shopping store this year & I am pleased with the ad. I think last year the deals were just a little better but that was due to the economy. I am also in the market for lots of electronics & gaming items so the ad works for me!!

There was only only one thing that really excited me and it is the reason that I will go for the 8 p.m. sale: the Nabi 2. This is the main thing on my daughter's list and we were not going to be able to get it at 200.00. I am glad that the price is now 129.00 so that I can get that for her.

I was looking at going for the Nabi 2 also, I'm going to have to purchase 2 for both my boys. Are you going to get there early? I am planning on getting there early since I'm not sure how many they have in stock, but was unsure at what time.

I was looking at going for the Nabi 2 also, I'm going to have to purchase 2 for both my boys. Are you going to get there early? I am planning on getting there early since I'm not sure how many they have in stock, but was unsure at what time.

I think this will be interesting because it will be on a palette and at such a good price, this is going to look like the towels section. People in the front getting theirs and trying to get out while others trample their way in. I would like to think a few hours early would be enough but hard to tell.

I will probably get there 2-3 hours early. We are going to have to eat thanksgiving dinner earlier also. We live in a small town though. If you live in a bigger town you probably need to get there even earlier.

It seems like all the ads are fairly similar year to year any more.

That said my Magic Bullet just died (I've had it for years and years) so I was happy to see that they have that and a Ninja on sale this year again. I just need to decided which one to get.

I've noticed that Walmart tends to have the same things on sale year after year. For instance, the sheets. For the past few years they have had 500 count sheets on sale for $20.00. The only difference this year is that they are 700 count. Same thing with the towels and washcloths, the Rubbermaid sets, the PJ's, the Wrangler jeans for $9.50. They've been on sale on BF at WM for the past several years, all for about the same price. I know because I've bought them! See, I pretty much know what the basic stuff is that they'll have even before the ad leaks! lol!

It seems like all the ads are fairly similar year to year any more.

That said my Magic Bullet just died (I've had it for years and years) so I was happy to see that they have that and a Ninja on sale this year again. I just need to decided which one to get.

Do you like the bullet?I was thinking about geting one.

I've noticed that Walmart tends to have the same things on sale year after year. For instance, the sheets. For the past few years they have had 500 count sheets on sale for $20.00. The only difference this year is that they are 700 count. Same thing with the towels and washcloths, the Rubbermaid sets, the PJ's, the Wrangler jeans for $9.50. They've been on sale on BF at WM for the past several years, all for about the same price. I know because I've bought them! See, I pretty much know what the basic stuff is that they'll have even before the ad leaks! lol!

After working BF at WM for several years it's always a given that we'll have a TV, mini appliances, towels, sheets, etc.. It amazes me how fights break out over the towels and mini appliances. The towels are not of the highest quality. The mini appliances usually start getting returned 2-3 months later. Hope everyone has a safe BF/Black Thursday!!!!!

Towels are insane! People will beat you up for towels. It's bizarre to me because like you said, they aren't that great a quality.

On the other hand, I think the Walmart ad this year is great and it has several things I had planned on purchasing and a couple of surprises that I hadn't but will. I think this is my favorite Walmart ad in a long time. At this point I think Walmart has all my Black Friday dollars.

The ad was actually tested before it went out in focus groups and this was the ad that the customers said was the best one. FYI, the ad is designed to be opened as follows and their are two flyers which will appear in the Thanksgiving paper:

* There is a taller red colored insert that says "Event 2 10pm", that is sticks above the main ad.

* Pull that ad out and you will now have two ads (a shorter, stubby green ad that says "8pm" on it and the red one).

Those two ads will contain your 8pm and 10pm sales items.

A third blue ad will be in the Thanksgiving paper , blue in color, separate from the red/green ad. This ad will contain the 5am sale items for Friday.

I have about 10 items on my list. I hate though that they are scattered during the sale times. Plus a lot are in different departments. I am bringing my husband and daughter this year to help. My daughter is 13 so she is there to help grab for me. Few items are for her so she doesn't mind a bit! lol

The ad was actually tested before it went out in focus groups and this was the ad that the customers said was the best one. FYI, the ad is designed to be opened as follows and their are two flyers which will appear in the Thanksgiving paper:

* There is a taller red colored insert that says "Event 2 10pm", that is sticks above the main ad.

* Pull that ad out and you will now have two ads (a shorter, stubby green ad that says "8pm" on it and the red one).

Those two ads will contain your 8pm and 10pm sales items.

A third blue ad will be in the Thanksgiving paper , blue in color, separate from the red/green ad. This ad will contain the 5am sale items for Friday.

Thank you and mtsuboy for all your WM tips!

Many of us appreciate you taking time to post your insider knowledge.

Happy Holidays to you this season :)

I will probably get there 2-3 hours early. We are going to have to eat thanksgiving dinner earlier also. We live in a small town though. If you live in a bigger town you probably need to get there even earlier.

I'm thinking we are eating earlier since we usually do, but you know how that goes, the one year I want to eat early we will end up late. I usually go to a larger wm but I'm headed to a smaller one this year in hopes that it won't be so bad.

I think this will be interesting because it will be on a palette and at such a good price, this is going to look like the towels section. People in the front getting theirs and trying to get out while others trample their way in. I would like to think a few hours early would be enough but hard to tell.

I just want to grab two and run.... well walk really fast at least, I'm also interested in the trampoline and hope not to many people are looking for that. Think I'm going to call in re-enforcements.

Complete disappointed with Walmart. Almost none of the BF items I was planning on buying from them are available online. Kind of hard to come in the store when you live 5,000 miles away (picking up when coming back to the States). I guess that they really DON'T want my business!