Walmart's One hour In-Stock Guarantee?

angel-too

The fine print says if they are unable to fulfill your order, you get a refund. Not much of a guarantee, lol.

So you have to pay for the item right away, and if they don't have enough stock by Christmas, they just refund you or possibly substitute another item.

I thought they might give you a gift card or something if they can't fulfill it, but I guess not. They get your money up front and don't necessarily have to get you the item.

Ok let me try to explain it.

If during the 1 hour time between 10-11pm they sell out of the item and you didnt get it, they will give you a guaranteed card, you have to pay for it before midnight and register it online. They will order it for you and it will be delivered to the store for you to come pick it up.

this is how they will do it.

If during the 1 hour time between 10-11pm they sell out of the item and you didnt get it, they will give you a guaranteed card, you have to pay for it before midnight and register it online. They will order it for you and it will be delivered to the store for you to come pick it up.

Genius! (If it works) I love the idea of getting enough for everyone who wants to buy!

I kinda like it. Beats waiting for hours then getting trampled for an item with only 10 for sale on the floor. Less to carry etc. Get a card for what I missed and hope for the best. ;)

What if you want all three guaranteed items? Not sure if I can make it to 3 separate lines within the hour to get a guarantee card.

Not much of a guarantee if they aren't really guaranteeing it. I bet there will be a lot of disappointed people. A substitution may be fine for the tv or blu-ray player, but I was interested in the iPad. Since there is nothing to substitute I may be just giving $400 to walmart to hang on to and end up with nothing to show for it. If I am not getting it I could use that money for other presents. Why can't they do it like online retailers do - not charge your card until it is shipped (or arrives at the store)?

Do you think this is because people will have to choose what to wait for if they want something at the 8 oclock sale & then at 10 oclock sale? You can get your items at the 8 oclcok sale and then be guaranteed they items you need at 10 will also be there. If it works, it's a genius idea. If it doesn't, it will be like the Best Buy disaster last year.

I dont understand what walmart means by registering the item online after you purchase the guarantee card. Why would you have to do that? That makes it more of a pain. Who has time to do that on Black friday?

You go home and enter the card online. They then "order" one from the warehouse for you. The only real difference is you've already paid for it.

Not that I am doubting you, but have you experienced this from your Walmart at some point? Or did you speak with manager or someone? Or are you surmising that this is how it will work? I wanted the DVD player and the tv... and...

supposing the person buying/attempting to buy these items DOESN'T have a smart phone with them to register the items before Midnight with the guarantee card because they are STILL SHOPPING at Walmart?

(I think they have a good idea, and I CAN wait for my products, but I don't want them cancelling on me.)

Go to walmart.com to view the BF ad. If you click on the "1-Hour In Stock Guarantee" area of the ad you will find the terms of service.

Here's a few of the terms.......

"Payment must be made upon checkout for the Guarantee Card. Deadline for payment may vary based upon local store hours-see local store for details".

"Merchandise will be delivered to the same store where the Guarantee Card was purchased."

"Customers will receive notice via email when the item has been shipped and is available for pickup. Valid email address is required."

"Guarantee Cards must be registered by 11:59 CST, Sunday, Novemeber 25, 2012. If not registered during that time the Guarantee Card will become a standard Walmart Gift Card loaded with the amount of Black Friday item purchase price"

"If Walmart is unable to fulfill your order a full refund will be provided upon request. A comparable substitution may be available."

Hope this answers some of the questions! :)

So for those still confused... basically this "guarantee card" is a Walmart gift card. And you go online and register it for the item before midnight. If you don't have it registered before that, it is just a plain old Walmart gift card for the exact amount you spent purchasing the "item."

I have to say, whatever Walmart executive came up with this idea is a pretty good/sneaky businessman. Because let's say you get the card, but don't get it registered in time... instead of refunding you in cash or credit card (whatever you paid with, as they NORMALLY would do if you return something within the appropriate time-frame) you get your full amount of money back, but only in the form of a Walmart gift card. Basically the "guarantee card" only guarantees that Walmart will be getting your dough haha. So if you are on a strict budget, and had a back-up plan to go somewhere else in the morning to find a similar deal if you couldn't snag Walmart's, you're screwed. Because the money you had pulled for that item is now locked into Walmart only.

Gosh I'm still in awe over the fact that stores seem to get sneakier and more profit-driven each year. That's business though!

So in all, I suppose this set up will probably get a few more people the item, but Walmart's the one making out on this deal, because they know the server will be overloaded at that time. So if you shop at Walmart a lot, and have enough money to cover the purchase at another store in case you can't get it registered on time, I say go for it!

So for those still confused... basically this "guarantee card" is a Walmart gift card. And you go online and register it for the item before midnight. If you don't have it registered before that' date=' it is just a plain old Walmart gift card for the exact amount you spent purchasing the "item."

I have to say, whatever Walmart executive came up with this idea is a pretty good/sneaky businessman. Because let's say you get the card, but don't get it registered in time... instead of refunding you in cash or credit card (whatever you paid with, as they NORMALLY would do if you return something within the appropriate time-frame) you get your full amount of money back, but only in the form of a Walmart gift card. Basically the "guarantee card" only guarantees that Walmart will be getting your dough haha. So if you are on a strict budget, and had a back-up plan to go somewhere else in the morning to find a similar deal if you couldn't snag Walmart's, you're screwed. Because the money you had pulled for that item is now locked into Walmart only.

Gosh I'm still in awe over the fact that stores seem to get sneakier and more profit-driven each year. That's business though!

So in all, I suppose this set up will probably get a few more people the item, but Walmart's the one making out on this deal, because they know the server will be overloaded at that time. So if you shop at Walmart a lot, and have enough money to cover the purchase at another store in case you can't get it registered on time, I say go for it!

While I have no desire to use Walmarts "guarantee" I just wanted to point out that customers have until midnight SUNDAY 11/25 to register the cards not midnight Thursday night...

Am I the only one excited by this? Yes, I understand Walmart is getting my money either way, but I also understand that they're trying to make sure that as many people get the items they want without, hopefully, starting WWIII if and when they run out of the item! If it works for me, then great. If not, I'll just use the GC the next time I go grocery shopping or visit the store for something else!