Walmart Black Friday ad Tuesday night?

Brad

I figured that their marketing plan went something like this:

1. Threaten any legitimate site they can into not releasing the ad

2. Ad gets leaked anyway

3. Enough people find leaked ad that they can't keep a lid on it reasonably anymore

4. Finally release it and give legitimate sites the go ahead.

Therefore we'll get the ad whenever it's leak is widespread enough.

I figured that their marketing plan went something like this:

1. Threaten any legitimate site they can into not releasing the ad

2. Ad gets leaked anyway

3. Enough people find leaked ad that they can't keep a lid on it reasonably anymore

4. Finally release it and give legitimate sites the go ahead.

Therefore we'll get the ad whenever it's leak is widespread enough.

That was their plan before last year. It wasn't leaked anywhere last year before the 9th when they released it.

Tuesday is election night. Do you think they will do it on a big night like that? Most of the country will be watching cable news that night.

true, but that also means that on wednesday a lot of people will be online checking news sites and walmart's BF ad gets a lot of news coverage.

Nope, they will wait and release it the day AFTER black friday......hey that's no more far fetched than that ignorant letter they send out every year. :rolleyes:

Don't laugh, we ALWAYS get the ad on Black Friday or the day after here. Thank you Gottadeal for keeping us informed!

Last year they released it the night of 11/9 (Tuesday). With BF being 2 days earlier this year, could they release it the night of the 7th which is this Tuesday night?

Any predictions/rumors?

Tuesday is the 6th.

Do you mean like midnight Weds. a.m. (the 7th)?

Come on Big Ads!!!!!!

Wow Brad, you almost totally nailed the date on that one...I think you've done this before... ;)

It probably would have been Tuesday night if not for the election. They just delayed it a day.

I also learned today that they sent the ad to CNN and other media outlets yesterday afternoon so they could prepare stories to post at midnight.