Ideas for Dad

jenmovdob

My dad doesn't have much space, and doesn't need much stuff. He is simple, but hard to buy for. But, he likes to eat and snack. So I'll buy him Hickory Farms sets, 5 lb bags of pistachios, little gift tins of flavored pistachios, little treats and stuff like that. He always appreciates that, because he won't buy that himself.

Sometimes my sister or I will buy him a book that he wouldn't buy for himself.

Grandparents are also hard to shop for too. They have eveything & need nothing. I usually get granny a giftcard to her fav restaurant, a store giftcard (usually target), a low value gas giftcard & a book of stamps. Granny still mails bills using snail mail:yup: I put all the giftcards in a small box for "a night out on the town" & I add the book of stamps to the actual card.

Dad says he "doesnt want anything & doesnt need anything". I usually make him a snack box of things he likes but rarely buys because of the cost. (pistacho's,beef jerky, & mixed nuts.) I also throw in a giftcard to the local sporting goods store.

My dad is super hard to shop for. It seems like I always have tons of ideas for everyone except him. He doesn't really have hobbies and just goes out and buys what he wants. Any ideas for men that are impossible?

Would he like something like a sweatshirt with the grandkids' picture on it? My dad was the same way(hard to shop for) but he proudly wore that personalized sweatshirt with the pic of the grandkids on it. If not a shirt,maybe a hat,mug (you can put many pix on one),mouse pad or any number of picture/personalized gifts from somewhere like Walmart or Walgreens. Very reasonably priced too.

Other ideas: magazines like Reminisce (I got a subscription for my mom years ago,but I love it!) or Good Ol' Days.

I don't know how old your dad is,but those are more like for people in their 70's and 80's.

Like others have mentioned,food is always good. My dad's favorite cookie was oatmeal raisin so I always made sure to bake him a homemade batch.

Anything you make or personalize will sure to bring a smile :)