Holiday Bonus

kalle1212

How many people get holiday bonuses from their bosses and whats the most you ever got? I got a nice watch last year but I would have rather had the money! My housecleaning gigs usually give me an extra weeks pay and my boss at the pizzeria I work at has varied greatly in all my years with him. Ive gotten a gas card one year, nothing one year and usually lately 50 bucks.

My husband is considered a self-employed contractor, so he sits there and watches everyone get their bonus. :( I feel for him. But he does get to go to the holiday party and they have raffles there. Come to think of it, he might not even be entered in the raffles. He has never won anything.

DH shouldn't get anything as far as we know. He gets regular bonuses every three months (though his next one isn't until mid-January).

I'm glad he got a new job though, his old job stopped giving raises five years ago and the only "bonus" was if you won a prize at their Christmas party.

I am a SAHM so I don't get one. Dunno if hubby will...my guess would be NOT. He used to get an extra paycheck from his job in IL. Was so great...paid for almost half of Christmas. As for me the best I have gotten was a $600 bonus check. But it wasn't an actual bonus I had to earn it by selling VIP's...and it just happened to come at Christmas.

Hubby will get from his company sent to him in this week check a bonus of $500. or about after taxes. Then each department will give out g/c at the company Christmas party to each of it's employees. Plus we get a turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas. When I was working at one place I got $700 each year and then last year when I was working my boss gave me $500. and a remote starter for my car, $50. Applebee's g/c. He only had 3 of us working for him in the Chiropractic office.

My husband will get his anniversary check when he goes back from Thanksgiving break (this is pretty much his alloted check for vacation days next year they get paid in advance) Then he recieves a weeks pay bonus a week or 2 b4 Christmas. Also his company has a holiday party HUGE EVENT, and kids get to get pics taken with Santa and go into a toy tent and pick whatever they want, they do it at all holidays ITS GREAT, maybe the last one tho since his companys owner is retiring and someone else is buying out the whole company at 1st of the year :(

I got a 12 month membership to the Jelly of the Month club one time. :sidesplit

I can't complain at all, but we used to get our bonus a week or two before Christmas. Now it is in January after all the financials are in for the previous year. At least still in time before the bills show up! :D

When I worked outside the home I was only at the job for app 4 months at the time the Christmas bonuses were given out. Actually I wasn't even entitled to get one since I was so new but they gave me $1500. I was really shocked and they asked everyone not to tell anyone else what you got. It was based on how hard you worked and things like that, so some people got less while others got more.