Stockings...just the kids or the whole family?

ajburlingame

Do you have stockings for just the kids or do you also have stockings for the parents, dogs, etc?

At our house there is a stocking for myself, my husband, my daughter and our baby that is due 2/7/6. We had a dog that passed away this last year, but for the previous 10 years, he also had a stocking.

At my moms house there are stockings for my mom and dad, my grandma, my sisters and I, our husbands and all of our children. I think we have more fun getting our stockings then the presents.

Just wondering if other people do this also?

At our house we have stockings for all of us including the dog (well the geckos don't have them). I fill my husbands and he fills mine.... and then of coarse we fill the 3 kids together. We also have stockings for my husbands brother and two sisters...we get them a few weeks b/f christmas so that they can all have a christmas together b/c to make a long sad story short we raised his brother from the time he was 13 who is now 20 and lives on his own, one of his sisters lives with her best friend and his youngest sister is in foster care...well she actually gets adopted in the morning (and yes that is a great thing as we know the foster family and get to see and talk to her and even get her for weekend visits and will be at her adoption in the am)...due to his mothers (my husband has a different dad) lifestyle they have not all had a Christmas together in about 8 years so I am trying my best to make it a wonderful and unforgetable one for all of them.

My house has the perfect mantel for stockings. Because I live alone I hang my collection as part of the decorations and stuff them with tissue paper. I have two handmade stockings that I received as a child and the rest are cat themed for my spoiled fur-babies.